eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   would open an account in my girlfriend's name be a good idea ? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/55851-would-open-account-my-girlfriends-name-good-idea.html)

Mauriciovsky 01-25-2013 10:07 PM

would open an account in my girlfriend's name be a good idea ?

guys, paypal just closed my account, but I'm not giving up, I'm preparing a new one :fight:

Here's the question, in the guide it advised to use a relative's documents rather than a ph ake one, the only person I have is my girlfriend which already agreed to help me in case I needed.

But I was just thinking, if someday I need to call paypal (I'm almost sure this day will arrive :rolleyes:) to solve a problem I won't be able to call because I'm a guy and I can't also ask her to call because she will mess something for sure, shes not really smart and to talk english make things even worse.

The other option would be to use a ph ake name but if i get customer returns not sure how i could pick it up at the post office

As for my real name, I think it's risky because I already used it on 2 accounts that got closed (no they didn't link the accounts, about 6 years difference between both) also because it's a uncommon name

Any suggestions ? :help:

GreenBean 01-26-2013 12:28 AM

Addressing the thread title only.

No, it would not be a good idea to use your girlfriend's name.

You want to be able to control your own account(s).

If you were to read more of the forum, other options are laid out.

Too often we find that relationships break up, friends fall out. There's a matter of taxes as well.

:nono:

yotano211 01-26-2013 01:08 AM

I would find a PO Box that would accept packages in any name in your area. They are out there, just gotta find them.

The thing I do with one of my PO Boxes is that I only put Mr. or Mrs (my last real name), if accept it like that, just gotta ask them. I make sure that the PO Box is not officially attached to any ebay account or you run the chance of getting something linked.

AmazonStealth 01-26-2013 01:41 AM

Not a good idea for many reasons. Odds are you wont be with her forever, so a long term solution for a business will not last. And factor taxes into this and it is a legal disaster.

Sandy D 01-27-2013 02:06 AM

Ready to lose a girl friend?

What if she needs this account someday?

No need to do this.

Read around and learn how to avoid future problems.

rsot 01-27-2013 10:41 AM

Very easy to go stealth and use a different name or alteration of your name. Make sure all your info is new and unused. You can learn it quite well.

vogeltron 01-31-2013 03:37 AM

I would agree, never drag a girlfriend, friend family member in. Buy eBay Stealth and learn how to come back the best way any of us know how.

corleone 01-31-2013 02:36 PM

My advice:

Alway's assume your accounts are temporary. Alway's assume you will have to wait 180 days for your funds. If you want to use someone's real info, that's up to you, but take the advice into consideration when doing that.

Mutant 01-31-2013 02:44 PM

I'm using my girlfriends on mine and she hates me withdrawing money, we've gotten into over 5 arguments because she doesn't want to spend what's mine.

Not to mention i get stuff delivered to her real address too..

Lots of problems.. Luckily she loves me to pieces and weve been going out nearly a year

AmazonStealth 01-31-2013 06:59 PM

this is still a really dumb idea. why not max this account off to avoid taxes, and in the meantime create a fresh stealth account for yourself. a break up is highly possible, and if this is the case your business will go down the sh!tter fast. Given the divorce rate is over 50% you are basically placing your business at the flip of a coin.

Roscoe 02-02-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant (Post 416437)
I'm using my girlfriends on mine and she hates me withdrawing money,

we've gotten into over 5 arguments because she doesn't want to spend what's mine.

Lots of problems.. Luckily she loves me to pieces and weve been going out nearly a year

Wait till you get Married! :pound:

bruceuk 02-02-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mutant (Post 416437)
I'm using my girlfriends on mine and she hates me withdrawing money, we've gotten into over 5 arguments because she doesn't want to spend what's mine.

Weird!
My Mrs has no issues spending whats mine .
Must be an age thing.

Callidus 02-02-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazonStealth (Post 416491)
this is still a really dumb idea. why not max this account off to avoid taxes, and in the meantime create a fresh stealth account for yourself. a break up is highly possible, and if this is the case your business will go down the sh!tter fast. Given the divorce rate is over 50% you are basically placing your business at the flip of a coin.

AmazonStealth - This isn't a dumb idea....THIS IS A RIDICULOUS IDEA !

GreenBean 02-02-2013 07:14 AM

FFS, stick to the topic not Fantasy Island episodes.

ENOUGH.

:smash: