eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How to send payment on PayPal funded with credit-card? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/59329-how-send-payment-paypal-funded-credit-card.html)

mcmx 04-24-2013 06:09 PM

How to send payment on PayPal funded with credit-card?

I want to be really secure for this payment I'm about to send on PayPal.

I want to have the payments fund through my credit card in case anything goes wrong I could resort to a chargeback.

When sending it to the person - is there a way I can choose to use funds from my credit card?

Or because I already have enough in my PP account will it automatically force me to use that? (If that's the case then I just might withdraw everything to my bank account first, and then try to send with funds from my credit card)

Sorry but this is sort of urgent :eek:

mcmx 04-24-2013 06:14 PM

Also on a separate note - If I were to send this person a payment as GIFT and got got scammed - if it was funded through my credit card - will they protect me? "They" as in my credit card company and not PayPal.

Thanks!

dallasreed 04-24-2013 06:21 PM

There is an option to do this for USA paypal. You can send as gift, but if you pay by credit card you have to pay the paypal fee yourself on top of the payment amount.

GreenBean 04-24-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmx (Post 443518)
Also on a separate note - If I were to send this person a payment as GIFT and got got scammed - if it was funded through my credit card - will they protect me? "They" as in my credit card company and not PayPal.

Thanks!

That is never a guarantee.

Is there no way this can be done off paypal if you are that worried?

:peace:

mcmx 04-24-2013 08:13 PM

(lol sorry I was a little anxious and excited to buy when I made this thread earlier)

Anyway I ended up draining my account to $0 so it would force PayPal to use my credit card funds. Then sent as Gift. If anything goes wrong from what I've read, I won't be protected by PayPal but I will be protected by my credit card company.

I was kinda pissed that due to the currency exchange I had to pay about $100 more...plus a $57 fee simply for using my credit card.

GreenBean 04-24-2013 08:18 PM

Dont know why you used paypal in the 1st place.

Hope it goes through OK.

Good Luck

mcmx 04-24-2013 08:19 PM

As much as I hate them, I felt a sense of security with using PayPal and my credit card...compared to Western Union or a bank transfer

GreenBean 04-24-2013 08:21 PM

A straight credit card payment may have been less cost.

But, it's done now.

Fingers crossed.

:canada:

rsot 04-24-2013 10:11 PM

@mcmx, you should be covered by your cc company - so long as you have a proof of sale or expected service...AND you dont have a bad history of instigating chargebacks.

mcmx 05-02-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 443594)
@mcmx, you should be covered by your cc company - so long as you have a proof of sale or expected service...AND you dont have a bad history of instigating chargebacks.

I got this credit card just a couple of months ago and have never ever filed a chargeback before.

Anyways, I've likely been scammed in regards to the transaction I mention on my 1st post, and I will be contacting my credit card company to initiate a chargeback.

Does anyone know how long it might take to get my money back? This guy is going to have no proof whatsoever that he even sent me anything and it should be an easy "win". I just hope it doesn't take long.

danshan 05-02-2013 12:01 PM

when you go to make payment just change the funding source. There is a super small link to change funding source when you are making payment. You do not have to use paypal balance but I have no idea on earth why you would not, remember 99,9 % of the time buyer wins disputes.

JamesNorth101 05-02-2013 12:08 PM

It depends on the bank as to how long it can take, but anything from instant if they decide to credit it before they investigate it, though to a few months. At least that is the case in the UK

mcmx 05-02-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 445867)
when you go to make payment just change the funding source. There is a super small link to change funding source when you are making payment. You do not have to use paypal balance but I have no idea on earth why you would not, remember 99,9 % of the time buyer wins disputes.

I already funded the payment with my credit card and if you read my above post, you'd see I updated the thread saying that I did indeed get scammed and will be filing a chargeback.

As a buyer I've never had to file one before. As a seller, I actually won when I had a chargeback filed against me. Just happend once though.

rsot 05-06-2013 10:11 AM

@mcmx, so you did payment on 04/24 and you figured you got hit with scam on 05/01 - did you first communicate with the seller? what did he say?

mcmx 05-06-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 446897)
@mcmx, so you did payment on 04/24 and you figured you got hit with scam on 05/01 - did you first communicate with the seller? what did he say?

He kept making excuses for shipping and was very shady from the day after I sent the payment. I never ended up getting a tracking #. The seller finally deleted his Facebook account (under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name) which he was using to communicate with me so I can no longer send any messages. (The item was something posted for sale in a Buy/Sell Facebook group which has over 50,000 members. Unfortunately some turn out to be scammers.)

After this, I ended up finding 2 others post online about how they were scammed by the same guy for a different item. I was also able to piece together every bit of his real info. I'm about to file a report with IC3.gov and am trying to find a way to report to his local police. He's in the USA by the way

CH1N3S3_W@RR103 05-06-2013 11:55 AM

It will not give you the option to pay from your credit card if you have enough in your PayPal balance to cover the transaction. They do this because they lose a small portion of the money to the credit card company's transaction fee.

EDIT: Just read your post. Sorry to hear about what happened. I wouldn't expect the process to be quick but I am sure you will get your money back. Good job playing it safe and using your credit card.

rsot 05-06-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmx (Post 446943)
He kept making excuses for shipping and was very shady from the day after I sent the payment. I never ended up getting a tracking #. The seller finally deleted his Facebook account (under ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name) which he was using to communicate with me so I can no longer send any messages. (The item was something posted for sale in a Buy/Sell Facebook group which has over 50,000 members. Unfortunately some turn out to be scammers.)

After this, I ended up finding 2 others post online about how they were scammed by the same guy for a different item. I was also able to piece together every bit of his real info. I'm about to file a report with IC3.gov and am trying to find a way to report to his local police. He's in the USA by the way

Wow mcmx - sadly I can imagine how many other people must have been hit with the scam. I have not explored the Buy/Sell on facebook yet but I can imagine it's still so new and popular...fraught with scamming folx.

GreenBean 05-06-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcmx (Post 445861)
I got this credit card just a couple of months ago and have never ever filed a chargeback before.

Does anyone know how long it might take to get my money back? This guy is going to have no proof whatsoever that he even sent me anything and it should be an easy "win". I just hope it doesn't take long.

chargeback claims can take up to six weeks to be resolved.

Differs between banks & card companies.

Have you let them know you are pursuing ic3 claims too?

I am sorry this happened.
:tears:

mcmx 05-07-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 447064)
chargeback claims can take up to six weeks to be resolved.

Differs between banks & card companies.

Have you let them know you are pursuing ic3 claims too?

I am sorry this happened.
:tears:

Haven't mentioned anything about IC3 to my CC company yet...

Anyways they said because it was a pretty large amount (1.5k) and no exact delivery date was specified by the seller, I'll have to wait 30 days to make a strong claim that I received nothing (or in the case I'd receive something other than what I was supposed to). For example, another victim of 1 of this guys scams just messaged me a photo of some mini dumbbell weights he got instead of the actual product. :spy:

GreenBean 05-07-2013 07:24 AM

Although that's not OK for you, it's about what happens with chargebacks.

rsot 05-07-2013 12:32 PM

As a personal experience, I had to do a chargeback 3-4 months ago on a purchase (not via PP though - another online service) - cc company says can take up to 3 billing cycles (90 days) but refund was done within 30-45 days. Depends on the company

mcmx 05-14-2013 07:00 PM

Great month for me....Now only do I get scammed for $1,500 as mentioned in this thread...But now my $900 jacket gets stolen by the dry cleaners
:boom:

:hellBoy:

:deadhorse: