eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Important Step in creating a new paypal account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/60216-important-step-creating-new-paypal-account.html)

corleone 05-20-2013 05:21 PM

Important Step in creating a new paypal account

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...st-charge.html

Saw this thread and rather than post a reply that maybe only a few will see, I thought I would share this.

Paypal has changed their verification process a bit. In order to confirm your credit card to lift the sending and withdrawal limits, you need to do the following:

From the main screen near the top, click on Account Limits - View Limits

Next screen, near the top where it says Your status is basic, click on "more about verifications"

Where is says Withdrawal Money, click Remove Limit

Lastly, then click link and confirm your debit or credit card.

You'll then have the four digit code to confirm your card and get charged 1.95.

Don't ask me why they've made it so difficult, I noticed this a few months ago, but didn't think to share it until I saw that so many have had confusion with it.

Hope that helps.

rsot 05-21-2013 04:25 AM

So you are saying that there are more steps involved? I just did a PP.com account - confirmed with cc the old way - added the cc...asked to confirm...test charge hit and gave 4 digit code - didnt seem anything out of the usual

corleone 05-21-2013 09:19 AM

Paypal doesn't automatically run the 1.95 charge unless you actually lift the limits and do it manually following the steps above.

Maybe Canada is different, but in the USA, it's been like this for the last few months.

Speeder33 05-21-2013 01:44 PM

i used to do all those steps, but with some of my new accounts I have no option to be charged 1.95

Sandy D 05-21-2013 08:34 PM

Some accounts are doing this and some are not.

Just a normal day at the office to move things around for pp.

vogeltron 05-22-2013 05:45 AM

Still being charged the 1.95 when I go through this process of confirming the 4 digit charge.

Futuremogul888 05-22-2013 06:00 AM

There is just no standard or straight-forward method to verify anymore. The only thing you can count on is the randomness of Paypal trying to make things more difficult for you. So to those who can't find the link Corleone is talking about, it is because it is not there.

corleone 05-22-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 451655)
There is just no standard or straight-forward method to verify anymore. The only thing you can count on is the randomness of Paypal trying to make things more difficult for you. So to those who can't find the link Corleone is talking about, it is because it is not there.

Very confusing. I've created about 20 paypal accounts in the last 6 weeks and it's all been the same procedure. I must be doing something different. It's possible I left out a step, or maybe the gift card I use allows for it and others don't?

GreenBean 05-22-2013 06:17 PM

Don Corleone

it is always the variations created by paypal that make the differences.

I do not doubt yours work in the way you describe. Others are not getting the same result.

Bottom line is to get the account verified and to be able to sell. Methods can vary.

:peace:

corleone 06-10-2013 10:52 AM

Finally had a new account that would not let me do it in the steps I outlined above, so after a couple minutes I found a new way:

For those having trouble for US Paypal, try this.

Go to paypal search bar and type "How do I lift my Withdrawal Limit?"

Then click the link: How do I lift my Withdrawal Limit?

Lastly: Link and confirm your debit or credit card

madmuppet303 07-10-2013 09:49 AM

Sweet

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 457035)
Finally had a new account that would not let me do it in the steps I outlined above, so after a couple minutes I found a new way:

For those having trouble for US Paypal, try this.

Go to paypal search bar and type "How do I lift my Withdrawal Limit?"

Then click the link: How do I lift my Withdrawal Limit?

Lastly: Link and confirm your debit or credit card

I couldn't find it either, so I came to Aspkin for answers and found them thanks to you corleone. Much appreciated!!!