family/friends is the new gift payment? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-24-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 244
Thanks: 8
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (3)
Default family/friends is the new gift payment?

so is this still a gift payment? i need to know. cant be disputed correct?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 06-24-2013
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,276
Thanks: 1,379
Thanked 4,328 Times in 3,373 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (353)
Default

It can be disputed for unauthorized account use.
  #3  
Old 06-26-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,965
Thanks: 4,604
Thanked 7,065 Times in 6,435 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Any transaction in pp can be disputed...especially by calling an agent and asking for manual overrides...
  #4  
Old 06-27-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulbert View Post
so is this still a gift payment? i need to know. cant be disputed correct?
paypal will do what they want if they decide to put a limit on an account.

They do not play monoply.


  #5  
Old 06-27-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,965
Thanks: 4,604
Thanked 7,065 Times in 6,435 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

But we do play monopoly:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/everyth...-monopoly.html

(Sorry too tempting not to link)
  #6  
Old 06-27-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default







rsot as the Banking Ringmaster



  #7  
Old 06-28-2013
dcbsod's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (1)
Default

Really funny
  #8  
Old 06-29-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 61
Thanks: 71
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default

yes, i had gifts disputed. they were donations to rescue a pet. the donations were paid with receipt to the vet and somebody decided they wanted their money. paypal reversed it twice, but they went to their bank and then paypal billed on it. there were no tangible good and no product. paypal did do something extraordinary: they said because you decided to just give them back their money, we will replace the amount. and they did. they put $70 back into the paypal, from paypal.
  #9  
Old 06-29-2013
JamesNorth101's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 17,276
Thanks: 1,379
Thanked 4,328 Times in 3,373 Posts
Activity: 61%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (353)
Default

They can sometimes be decent, but it is rare.
  #10  
Old 07-02-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,965
Thanks: 4,604
Thanked 7,065 Times in 6,435 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthychew View Post
yes, i had gifts disputed. they were donations to rescue a pet. the donations were paid with receipt to the vet and somebody decided they wanted their money. paypal reversed it twice, but they went to their bank and then paypal billed on it. there were no tangible good and no product. paypal did do something extraordinary: they said because you decided to just give them back their money, we will replace the amount. and they did. they put $70 back into the paypal, from paypal.
A rare charitable move from PP...I was wondering where my $70 went that they owed me...now I understand no worries...glad for you at least
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
stealthychew (07-03-2013)
  #11  
Old 07-02-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthychew View Post
yes, i had gifts disputed. they were donations to rescue a pet. the donations were paid with receipt to the vet and somebody decided they wanted their money. paypal reversed it twice, but they went to their bank and then paypal billed on it. there were no tangible good and no product. paypal did do something extraordinary: they said because you decided to just give them back their money, we will replace the amount. and they did. they put $70 back into the paypal, from paypal.
PayPal UK have done that several times. Once for a gift like you said. Twice for a charity donation.
Got it fixed but the taste was bitter
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
stealthychew (07-03-2013)
  #12  
Old 07-03-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Anything can be disputed usually. But if the person you file a dispute against has evidence that your dispute is invalid and is wrong then PayPal will probably rule in their favor, regardless even if its a gift
  #13  
Old 07-03-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 61
Thanks: 71
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
PayPal UK have done that several times. Once for a gift like you said. Twice for a charity donation.
Got it fixed but the taste was bitter
That's exactly it. I was very lucky because all the little 10's 20's and 50's bulked together in 75's and 100's went over from one account to the next with same name and address and no issue, except the one person wanting their cash back (how cruel once the pet was out, safe, to the vet, and boarded), but no issue for that one item, probably because PP donated. but, now, i would be very hesitant to try to gather the funds to save another pet, because they would probably limit and request what the 12 gifts were for - along with 15 documents. they say they are not a bank, yet they are operating as one and even quote banking guidelines. what makes it bad is they are promoting "pay your friend back for lunch" - and then limiting people's accounts and asking for your tax returns. insane.
  #14  
Old 07-03-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthychew View Post
they say they are not a bank, yet they are operating as one and even quote banking guidelines. what makes it bad is they are promoting "pay your friend back for lunch" - and then limiting people's accounts and asking for your tax returns. insane.
Same account I had issues with the charity donations was used to buy an airline ticket.

Airline was a 'preferred paypal' partner.

Transaction went thro' without issues. In fact I made the return journey with that ticket.

I then got an email from paypal saying 'sorry, you did not get a discount when you purchased that ticket. Here is one now'. Amazing company
  #15  
Old 07-03-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,965
Thanks: 4,604
Thanked 7,065 Times in 6,435 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
Anything can be disputed usually. But if the person you file a dispute against has evidence that your dispute is invalid and is wrong then PayPal will probably rule in their favor, regardless even if its a gift
Disputes can be manually opened by PP agents upon someone calling in too...regardless of time
  #16  
Old 07-07-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 61
Thanks: 71
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
iTrader: (0)
Default

fairly recent article.

even his donations were questioned and locked. the whole point of a "gift" for a birthday or anniversary or to help somebody buy a tire - not debate it like a purchase. what if you want to pay your half for lunch - you're locked and asked why you wanted to pay back for lunch?

PayPal: 'Aggressive changes' coming to frozen funds policy - Jan. 21, 2013
  #17  
Old 07-09-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,965
Thanks: 4,604
Thanked 7,065 Times in 6,435 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Terrible article but so true
  #18  
Old 07-09-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Not like it is a new type of story.

Paypal has played this way for ages.

Aim to never get trapped by them.
__________________
Ever look at someone and think “WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can you tell if a Paypal payment has been sent as a gift? gigabyt3r Subscriber Discussions 9 04-05-2013 06:39 AM
When Family/Friends ask what you do for a living what do you say? AyeDGAF Everything Else 28 04-14-2012 03:18 PM
sending payment as gift bart PayPal Talk 1 11-26-2010 12:51 PM
received paypal payment as a gift mefromfl PayPal Talk 15 06-22-2009 07:30 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts