eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   DEAR LORD!!!! PayPal in Space! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/61499-dear-lord-paypal-space.html)

jeffweico 06-27-2013 02:39 PM

DEAR LORD!!!! PayPal in Space!

May God Have Mercy!!!

I can just see it now. I'm traveling in space, about to run out of oxygen. I make it to the space station to buy some, when I find out my PayPal account has been limited for 180 days and I have only 30 minutes of oxygen left!

yotano211 06-27-2013 07:14 PM

omg!!!! paypal does not need to be on another planet. 1 is more than enough.

imjustme 06-27-2013 07:41 PM

I can't wait until someone makes an advertisement for PayPal's Space Program. Imagine being on a trip to Mars aboard "PayPal Space One" spaceship, with only 4 more months to travel when suddenly on your navigation LCD screen a message pops up from PayPal saying "Sorry, your oxygen supply has been limited. You will have access to it again in 180 days".

And PayPal may just become the first company ever to be sued by aliens, for blocking access to alien funds.

jeffweico 06-27-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imjustme (Post 462735)
And PayPal may just become the first company ever to be sued by aliens, for blocking access to alien funds.

If our first contact with an alien race is through PayPal, the first intergalactic war will soon follow....

Dmshark25 06-27-2013 10:14 PM

You got to be kidding me

jeffweico 06-27-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 462753)
You got to be kidding me

I know, I had to check the calendar to make sure it wasn't April Fools Day!

MM78 06-27-2013 10:24 PM

So Paypal isn't happy by limiting us on Earth...Now we gotta get Limited in Space? :noidea:

john456 06-29-2013 09:23 PM

Woa. They have a grandiose vision for the future.

One day, PayPal will do something really stupid like freeze the paypal account of major visible customers and get massive customer backlash.

Once the US government put their nose into their business, things will change.

jeffweico 06-29-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 463299)
Once the US government put their nose into their business, things will change.

Be careful what you wish for. If PayPal were to become a bank, using an assumed name would be illegal.

slapped 06-29-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 462753)
You got to be kidding me

Actually it does NOT surprise me,,Here is Why,,,Paypal was founded by Elon Musk,,,who sold it to Ebay after he Built it up,,,He then Startes the Tesla Car Company,,,Tesla Motors Quickly became a WHITE HOT Investment, so then Elon Musk Started a Company called SpaceX, which was just awarded an HUGH contract from NASA,,,One of the Primary things that SpaceX is Destined to do is Transport People to/From and along the Moon, and Beyond

As a 40 Something, this makes Musk a "Visionary" in the eyes of Wall Street and almost GUARANTEES that he can raise ANY amount of money for a business Venture,,,

So now he most likely went back to the people he sold Paypal to,,struck a deal and together they formed and New Subsidiary company to paypal.

With all the Scientist and Geeks working for him at SpaceX, along with the ones at Paypal as well as the infrastructure for an Online payment platform that he built for Paypal, it is a "No Brainer",,

john456 06-30-2013 02:51 AM

Good point!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 463301)
Be careful what you wish for. If PayPal were to become a bank, using an assumed name would be illegal.

rsot 07-02-2013 02:56 PM

Love the jokes - scary the reality if it happens but...time will tell - they can reach to the stars and outsource the agents

GreenBean 07-02-2013 07:09 PM

Maybe not in our life time

:juggle:

Bunneh 07-02-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 464251)
Maybe not in our life time

:juggle:

heres hoping :rip:

rsot 07-03-2013 11:02 AM

We do not need PP to become a bank...disastrous

slapped 07-03-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 464447)
We do not need PP to become a bank...disastrous

They (Banking Oversight Commitee) has been trying to Force Paypal to charter as a Bank for YEARS,,PAYPAL has opposed this,,the LAST thing that Paypal wants to do is File a Bank Charter,,as a BANK the would forced to Comply with all of the SAME Rules that Real Banks are FORCED to adhear to,,,which means that Paypal would have to treat its Customers HONESTLY,,,Now can you see Paypal acting Honestly??

By the way it also means that EVERY Paypal account would REQUIRE an SSN attached to it,,,so maybe it is best to leave this one alone

jh756 07-03-2013 10:55 PM

Fat guy after CEO says "This... is going to be big. If you wait a few years this is going to be obvious to everybody..."

Really? Well thanks so much for letting me know where YOU'D like me to invest my money. Let me get right on that one... :P

Sandy D 07-04-2013 12:13 AM

Now they are looking to screw over other life forms besides those on earth!!

jeffweico 07-04-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jh756 (Post 464636)
Fat guy after CEO says "This... is going to be big. If you wait a few years this is going to be obvious to everybody..."

Really? Well thanks so much for letting me know where YOU'D like me to invest my money. Let me get right on that one... :P

You know, I have to agree. I'm sure that the day will come when space travel is not much different from air travel today. But I don't see that happening in our lifetimes. Maybe for some of the younger members of the forum, but not for old guys like me.

The first problem is resources - it would be expensive to get oxygen and medicine, etc. to any colonies, even if just on the moon. And as far as other planets go, they would need to invent a way of traveling faster than we are now capable of.

The only thing I see coming in the next few years is the space tourism vehicles from Virgin Galactic taking people up into space, just outside the Earth's atmosphere for ten minutes (or whatever small amount of time) so they can experience weightlessness and have bragging rights to say they were actually in outer space.

But maybe I'm wrong. PayPal might SECRETLY be on other planets already - most of their policies don't seem like they make any sense on THIS planet, maybe they were developed with alien life forms in mind....
:pound:

JamesNorth101 07-04-2013 08:18 AM

I plan on using the moon as my first intergalactic stealth address :)

GreenBean 07-04-2013 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapped (Post 464616)
They (Banking Oversight Commitee) has been trying to Force Paypal to charter as a Bank for YEARS,,PAYPAL has opposed this,,the LAST thing that Paypal wants to do is File a Bank Charter,,as a BANK the would forced to Comply with all of the SAME Rules that Real Banks are FORCED to adhear to,,,which means that Paypal would have to treat its Customers HONESTLY,,,Now can you see Paypal acting Honestly??

By the way it also means that EVERY Paypal account would REQUIRE an SSN attached to it,,,so maybe it is best to leave this one alone

Conjecture, urban myths, fantasies or nightmares.

Take your pick.

The beast that is paypal can be harnessed as it operates at the moment.

Let the next generation deal with extra-terrestial changes.

:rip: