eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Adding Fund to Stealth PayPal Accounts question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/62025-adding-fund-stealth-paypal-accounts-question.html)

revenge 07-12-2013 11:29 PM

Adding Fund to Stealth PayPal Accounts question

Hello,

I purchased a eBay and PayPal combo from the forum. Build up my browsing history for 3 weeks. Now I am about to make some purchases. Therefore I bought a Greendot Moneypak and added funds to it (amount is irrelevant). Then I went to add the funds to my PayPal account with my Greendot card.... Guess what? They are asking for SS# just to add funds using Greendot to our PayPal account.

This is the message below:

PayPal now requires you to provide your name, address, date of birth and Social Security Number in order for Green Dot to verify your identity before you can use the MoneyPak to add money to your PayPal account. Green Dot will collect, verify and record this information on behalf of PayPal. This information WILL NOT be used for a credit check or marketing purposes. If you do not wish to provide this information, please click here to request a refund.

Any one found a work around this? I need help here.

revenge 07-12-2013 11:45 PM

What would really be helpful is telling me my options in order for me to add money to paypal or make purchase on ebay. That's it.

Would it be VCC instead of Moneypak?

jeffweico 07-12-2013 11:46 PM

This has been the case for a while now. You might want to try using a gift card or a VCC.

MM78 07-12-2013 11:49 PM

First, Did you ask the seller about adding funds to your Paypal?

The only method that I have used is the following:
Purchasing a Vanilla Visa with the amount needed for the purchase, add the Vanilla Visa...verify it...make purchase but use fund on card.

Sandy D 07-13-2013 12:01 AM

This has been posted about for months now. Many post will indicate that you cannot load a pp with a greendot any longer without a SSN.

Because you failed to search greendot before you purchased the greendot it shows you need to use the search button more often before doing things.

Did you ask the seller if you can load it with a greendot before purchasing the account or how to load it to purchase? Because most sellers here would for sure tell you about greendot had you asked or they would have told you how to load a card to make purchases.

Or better yet the seller could load a card for you when making the account to make your purchases you needed. Did you ask the seller to do this?

If not, then this issue has nothing to do with the seller and therefore the seller should not have been mentioned at all.

Sandy D 07-13-2013 12:09 AM

A simple search would reveal many threads about pp asking for SSN to use a greendot.

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums - Search Results

revenge 07-13-2013 12:28 AM

Anyway, I got my answer by myself (common sense), also I did ask the seller and got the answer to confirm that.

Of course the thread served it's purpose thanks MM78 and Jeff for your suggestion (VCC and the Vanilla Visa), that was very helpful. Answered my question right on the nail with only one post.

Thread Closed on my part.

MM78 07-13-2013 12:41 AM

:hail: Sandy