eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal reversal - insufficient funds in my account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/62412-paypal-reversal-insufficient-funds-my-account.html)

mcmx 07-23-2013 11:31 AM

PayPal reversal - insufficient funds in my account

I paid someone (off eBay) for an item by PayPal...It turns out I didn't have enough in my bank account to pay for it (forgot to transfer some money from 1 savings account to the other.) and so I got an email today...."Reversal: Insufficient Funds in Bank Account"

I'm worried the seller will think I'm trying to scam them because they already shipped it 3 or 4 days ago. Will they get a message saying I reversed the funds? Or is PayPal still going to make the transaction happen? Because I checked online and there's now a pending debit from my credit card for the exact same amount.

Although there was no mention in the email that they would try my credit card. (If I remember correctly, when I was paying the person's invoice I think it might have said something below where I chose 'Instant transfer from bank account' that it would try my credit account on file if there wasn't enough.) However PayPal didn't mention they would do this in the email I just got....Plus, what I didn't know is that my bank would charge a $45 reversal fee!

rsot 07-23-2013 12:19 PM

Bank NSF fee aside, pp will go ahead and try to charge your BACKUP option (usually the credit card on file) - your seller does not see this...PP has attempted the charge to your cc as you have indicated...can your CC handle this charge? If so...no worries. If not, your account will go negative and MAY lead to limitation...time will tell on the latter step

mcmx 07-23-2013 05:09 PM

Ok thanks, that's good to know the seller doesn't get that message too. And yes my CC should be able to handle it without a problem

Furious George 07-23-2013 05:12 PM

If the money has already been sent to the seller, they're going to either charge your other form of payment as rsot said, or your account will go into a negative balance.

The instant transfer goes through assuming that your check will clear. Most accounts don't have instant transfer as an option, and will be forced to wait the 3-5 business days.

If you paid with an echeck, it must have been an instant transfer. UNLESS the seller shipped the item before the echeck cleared. If this was the case the seller should have been given a warning message to not ship it. - Point being, the person who received the funds won't see this.