eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Chase liquid for ebay and paypal signup? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/64068-chase-liquid-ebay-paypal-signup.html)

glacier922 09-01-2013 05:26 AM

Chase liquid for ebay and paypal signup?

Ok, I know you have to get put a credit card on file on ebay to pay the fees.

I'm thinking of getting the chase liquid card as a bank account. You think it's safe to put that debit card on file, or is it better to use a debit gift card?

I'm thinking that the Chase liquid card would somehow give Eb my name, since opening bank accounts, you have to use your real name, no exceptions.

I know this might sound obvious, but using the Chase liquid for the account on file is not safe right?

MM78 09-01-2013 08:09 AM

If the account is stealth, adding the chase debit card will not work. The address will not match and it will decline it, very bad idea.

If you want to pay your fee's I would stick to gift card or paypal.

rsot 09-03-2013 01:01 PM

Does the Chase liquid card give you a transit number and account number for Direct deposits? If so - THAT info is what you use for PP. The Liquid card (if a debit) would not work as credit card.

@glacier922, can the account receive direct deposits like employee pay (as an example)? If it does - it should be able to be used to verify PP

glacier922 09-04-2013 12:44 AM

Ok, so I just talked to Chase today. You cannot make purchases with that bank account using the checking account number. You have to run it as a Visa, or Mastercard, I forget which, but I'm sure it's a Visa. So, essentially, you cannot pay your ebay fees with your liquid account, but through your gift card. I'm guessing this would be a problem later on since your gift card is probably limited, and paying through paypal would involve information that you provided them back and forth, stealth or not.

glacier922 09-04-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 482823)
@glacier922, can the account receive direct deposits like employee pay (as an example)? If it does - it should be able to be used to verify PP

Yea, I heard from others in the forum that it can receive deposits and u can verify. But it also costs 5 bucks per month and you can't pay directly to bank, u need to keep reloading your vanilla card. I'll see though. It is a viable option, but I think if u were to pay eBay fees directly with bank account, it's one step less.

glacier922 09-06-2013 03:27 AM

Chase liquid card confirmed PayPal but...

Got the 2 deposits today, entered it and now my bank account is verified.

Now it's in stealth. Problem is that after I confirmed it, PayPal said that for added security, it's going to deposit 10 cents and to retrieve it.

I don't think that the chase liquid cards can be retrieved. Meaning that once PayPal deposits, it cannot be taken out through chase because this account doesn't do ach.

I hope this does not cause problems later. Hopefully this does not make my account more easily flagged and thus making it more likely to be limited. Anyone else has this problem?

rsot 09-06-2013 05:17 AM

Only time will tell glacier922 - one time is unlikely to cause issues...I am sure lot of people have done this 1 time - just dont send money from the bank. Operate wisely and report back with what you experience - hopefully all good

vogeltron 09-06-2013 05:24 AM

You do not have to have a CC on file to pay fees if you link your PayPal and pay from the balance. Chase Liquid has been used by to people I know to confirm their PayPal for as valid bank account for withdrawing money instead of having an actual bank account. As far as adding a Card to confirm PayPal most people on the forum say Vanilla Visa. I personally Prefer Simon Mall Visa Prepaid cards. If you have a PayPal the only time you need Valid CC for eBay is if you want to open an eBay store. For most US sellers do to the 1099K laws it costs more than it is worth over a given year.

glacier922 09-06-2013 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 483342)
Only time will tell glacier922 - one time is unlikely to cause issues...I am sure lot of people have done this 1 time - just dont send money from the bank. Operate wisely and report back with what you experience - hopefully all good

Oh, I don't think I would send money from the bank. I don't think I ever would would I? I do have a valid prepaid cc verified thru PayPal.

rsot 09-06-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 483346)
You do not have to have a CC on file to pay fees if you link your PayPal and pay from the balance.

Still a better move is not to pay with your PP and use a CC in advance on eB directly to pay fees.

glacier922 09-06-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 483346)
You do not have to have a CC on file to pay fees if you link your PayPal and pay from the balance. Chase Liquid has been used by to people I know to confirm their PayPal for as valid bank account for withdrawing money instead of having an actual bank account. As far as adding a Card to confirm PayPal most people on the forum say Vanilla Visa. I personally Prefer Simon Mall Visa Prepaid cards. If you have a PayPal the only time you need Valid CC for eBay is if you want to open an eBay store. For most US sellers do to the 1099K laws it costs more than it is worth over a given year.

Yes, I already used the vanilla Visa card to verify for my PayPal. I am just more worried that PayPal would be wondering why they could not retrieve that 10 cents back from their account. They did say it was for security purposes, added security that is.

glacier922 09-06-2013 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 483356)
Still a better move is not to pay with your PP and use a CC in advance on eB directly to pay fees.

Why would it be better to pay fees with prepaid than it is with your balance in the pp account?

GreenBean 09-06-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 483359)
Why would it be better to pay fees with prepaid than it is with your balance in the pp account?

To avoid paypal ever touching your own funds at any time.

Always control your own monies.

Never let paypal intrude to take out fees especially as there are other methods.

The less you let paypal meddle in your account the better.

:nono:

rsot 09-06-2013 06:27 AM

As GB stated - you have much better control over what goes in and out of your PP...it looks better to have fewer transactions on the PP account needlessly

glacier922 09-06-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 483370)
To avoid paypal ever touching your own funds at any time.

Always control your own monies.

Never let paypal intrude to take out fees especially as there are other methods.

The less you let paypal meddle in your account the better.

:nono:

Hmmm, so if PayPal ever touches my monies in my own account, it's more likely that it could trigger a review or something of that nature? I'm thinking that it was the same amount anyways, why not just let PayPal pay for the eBay fees, and while I'm at it, use it to print shipping labels. But what do I kno, I'm just a noob. I have no idea what might trip PayPal up.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am reading Here We Go Again's sticky thread on paying ebay fees at this moment. Very interesting stuff. LOL...

glacier922 10-23-2013 02:14 AM

Re: Chase liquid for ebay and paypal signup?

Just an update, I created 3 chase liquids, tried to open a fourth and they won't let me. So chase has a maximum of 3 per person. Kinda sucks. It was so perfect for opening stealths. Looks like I will look at some of their more premium services.

vogeltron 10-23-2013 03:54 AM

It has worked for using the Card to verify the bank account. Other members are correct. You need to get one of the prepaid cards you can register online for the CC.

mercurial333 10-23-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 497288)
Just an update, I created 3 chase liquids, tried to open a fourth and they won't let me. So chase has a maximum of 3 per person. Kinda sucks. It was so perfect for opening stealths. Looks like I will look at some of their more premium services.

I had a single Liquid, 50.000$+ and several months later they closed it.

Closure = Ban, at least in my case.

glacier922 10-23-2013 11:48 PM

Did u say 50 thousand dollars?!? They closed it for that? Strange. I thought u meant fifty dollars because you had a decimal point instead of a comma. Why did they close it? Did u get your money back?

mercurial333 10-24-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 497580)
Did u say 50 thousand dollars?!? They closed it for that? Strange. I thought u meant fifty dollars because you had a decimal point instead of a comma. Why did they close it? Did u get your money back?

50k. High risk in their eyes. You can't really tell, as they never tell you. They don't need a reason actually, so there's nothing strange really.

I'm assuming here, but I think the threshold for reviews is much smaller on these pre-paid/limited accounts, as opposed to a regular bank account.

Any associated SSN's go down later as well, just worth mentioning (ex: you had a joint account with somebody 5 years ago ).

glacier922 10-24-2013 09:52 PM

Were u able to get your money back?

mercurial333 10-25-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 497815)
Were u able to get your money back?

Yes, they don't usually hiiij.ack it.