getting a DBA and EIN?? US! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default getting a DBA and EIN?? US!

Has anyone in the US gotten a DBA and an EIN? I was wondering if you use the "New" address or the address that you live since its a government agency. I dont think PO boxes are allowed to be registered.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Question Names / SSN for Paypal (United States)

I am so confused on this part. Obbiously paypal is going to require a SSN..
So is it best that I create file for an EIN. IN reading the ebook, It talks about it, but I am not sure if it is saying to register as a DBA with my state, then apply for an EIN..

If I DONT do that, how do I create a variation of my name and still get pass the SSN issue??

** LOST **
Old 09-10-2013

Default Re: getting a DBA and EIN?? US!

Hey speedyturtle

I'm sort of going through the same thing as you.

You file DBA with your state and EIN with the IRS.
I'm sure it depends on the state, but for mine, they only ask you for the business mailing address. Of course this can be a PO box. If you search for businesses through your state, many have PO boxes as their business address.

Now, it sounds like paypal requires a home address in addition to a business address when setting up a business account. Which address you use here is the real question. Do you rent another PO box from a mom n pop/ups store and pass it off as your home addy? We're under the assumption that this new account you're creating is for stealth purposes so your legit home addy is out.

Establishing a LLC may appear better to paypal but it seems like they still hassle you for home address, SSN.

How about establishing a DBA in a pseudo name (desmond tutu) and use this new "id" to create a stealth account. Get a UPS box, use that as home addy, cross your fingers that that "apartment" hasn't been on paypal's bad side before and fly real low under their radar so you don't get the dreaded SSN question. Repeat as necessary.

I'm still new to this so veterans, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 66%

Depends on your state. As well as the type of entity you are forming. If you are going LLC you will need to do a DBA. If you are a sole propritorship some states you don't need to register a DBA. Some states you have to Register then post something in a local paper for a certain amount of time. Some states have loopholes like if you use your Last Name in the business name then you don't need to file a DBA. I would start researching the requirements for your particular state.

If you decide to go the DBA/EIN route to get a new selling account. If you live in a state with sales tax and have not gotten a seller permit (some states have different names). You will need to find out about that as feel and start collecting sales tax on in state transactions.

In a nutshell as they always say on here. You would be best off talking to an Accountant.
Old 09-11-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Yea talk to an accountant .

Also create alot of accounts and spread your sales out its better to have 50 accounts making $1000 a month than one account making $50000. They usually will only ask for tax ID if ur on pace to break BOTH 200 transactions and $20000 in one year , so the trick is to by pass this is to spread out your sales.

I have around 50 accounts now some 8 months old and just have one account that I added an EIN. , but don't just make an account and add an EIN right away , wait a few months make sure all is good and than add it if you want to go that way.

I got a raise to 300/$30000 a month on one account so I added An EIN, which is made on the IRS website in 5 mins , if all your taxes are in order than you can be approved instantly and get an EIN after filling out a simple form online.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
captainbarkey (09-19-2013), tilpatin (05-06-2014)
Old 09-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

PP wont necessarily require the SSN - that much is true - that will depend on how you operate and your perceived risk to them.

That being said, lot of posts around about that - jeffweico has quite a few posts about it too in additional to above posters.