eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal - Can't use PO Box (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/65086-paypal-cant-use-po-box.html)

helpmelol 09-22-2013 12:41 PM

PayPal - Can't use PO Box

So after buying the eBay Stealth Guide and reading it, I decided to go stealth. A PO box was adviced in the stealth guide, so I purchased one for 250 Euros ($325 USD).

But I have to confirm my identity now, but PayPal says that I can't use a PO box. So I've just thrown away $325 USD, and when I opened a topic on this forum and asked if I can use a PO box address on Amazon, my topic was moved and I couldn't access it anymore because my membership was expired.

So... what do I have to do now?

I can use someone's real address, but PayPal needs proof that I live there (utility bill / bank statement). But I can't provide that because I don't really live there, so no utility bills/bank statements are addressed to that particular address. I can't use my own address since I was suspended.

GreenBean 09-22-2013 06:47 PM

Re: PayPal - Can't use PO Box

Is that PO Box for the The Netherlands?

Check if they have a street address too.

Options still exist.

:mod:

helpmelol 09-22-2013 07:07 PM

Yes, PO box for The Netherlands. Not sure if they have a street address.

But in case a PO box is absolutely not possible, how do I provide PayPal with proof of my residency at the address? They need like an utility bill on which the address + name is stated that I have entered on PayPal.

I can provide an ID card since I use a relatives name, but I can't provide an utility bill with his address since his address is different than the one I have entered... :(

yotano211 09-22-2013 09:41 PM

Wow your countries PO Box prices are so high, how come?

helpmelol 09-23-2013 02:28 AM

I don't know :(.

But I've already spend the money. Is there any way to verify my address?

GreenBean 09-23-2013 04:50 AM

Paypal have asked this already?

oompaloompa 09-23-2013 05:03 AM

try sending a letter to the po box, they should assign it to the box if it has your name/company name and street address.

helpmelol 09-23-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 488353)
Paypal have asked this already?

Uhm, not specifically.

It is listed under the ''tasks'' list.

You know, it's the last step to remove the limits. I am currently I believe on 2,500 Euros a year.

helpmelol 09-23-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 488358)
try sending a letter to the po box, they should assign it to the box if it has your name/company name and street address.

Yes, but an utility bill comes from a company, like the electricity company, and they have my real address, so they assign those utility bills to the real address.

jjohnson777 09-23-2013 04:07 PM

change address at bank to po box.

rsot 09-24-2013 01:18 PM

Usually those pobox addresses have a street address - like po box 123 can be written as XXX Jones Street (or whatever the building address is) Suite 123 or Local 123 - it does work

joesshooze 09-24-2013 04:43 PM

I tried all what you write even did -Unit XYZ- So I specifically ask the USPS PM & told only works if I am very lucky & did not recommend. I would think a lot of what we are talking about depends on how big the post office is.

vogeltron 09-25-2013 03:24 AM

eBay and PayPal don't like P.O. Box for registration address. At least in the U.S. I have gotten around this before. Let say for example my PO Box is

Your Name/Biz Name
P.O. Box 555
New York, NY (Zip Code)

you look up the street address for the Post Office lets say it "55 Main Street" for these purposes.

Your Name/Biz Name
55 Main Street #555
New York, NY (Zip Code)

In the U.S. Depending on the Post Office you might have them leave you a nasty note about changing the address like that. I have had it happen more than once in the past in the various places I have had. It is hit or miss.

helpmelol 09-26-2013 12:54 AM

Yes, that might be true, but the problem here is that they want an utility bill with that address on it. And that is NOT possible because the utility and bank bills are connected to the real address, I can't change the address to a PO box address. Well, I am pretty sure that's not possible.

Anyway, the guide said that I needed a PO box. It looks like I don't need one simply because I don't have any use for it since eBay/Amazon don't allow it, so I've thrown away $325 USD. Thanks for that guide maker(s)...

I could have entered a fictional address for that matter. They only want your address if you want to increase your limits, not if you want to create an account. Well, they do ask for it, but it doesn't really matter what you enter since they don't check it (again; unless if you want your limits to be removed). And since you can't use a PO box to do that, it doesn't really matter...

Any ideas? Can I use my useless PO box for something else?

oompaloompa 09-26-2013 05:59 AM

@helpmelol plenty of people use po box as a business address, you do not have to put pobox , you can put unit or suite. As for address on bill that you provide, of course it is possible, think about it, do we have to spell it out......your smart remark about guide-maker shows it is you who is not understanding the way it works....

if you add a fictional address, that may be ok, but when it gets looked at for some reason, it may also get checked too..

if you really do not want to use it for an account then use the po box for a returns address label.

GreenBean 09-26-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesshooze (Post 488916)
I tried all what you write even did -Unit XYZ- So I specifically ask the USPS PM & told only works if I am very lucky & did not recommend. I would think a lot of what we are talking about depends on how big the post office is.

It is TOO BIG a risk to fiddle with the P.O. BOx number.

You could try sending yourself mail to see if it gets there with these stupid amendmends.

But the issue still comes down to any account being checked will get the changes discovered.

Better to avoid that issue, imo.

Double check with your Post Office, my friend. See if yours are ones that have STREET ADDRESSES as well.

State of Florida has different rules from many of the other states. I know that some Post Masters have refused outright to allow street address as postal address. Right laws unto themselves. (& not to our advantage).

I'll find that info & post up later.

oompaloompa 10-01-2013 12:22 PM

when I refer to PO boxes, they often have street address format, they still need a number before the street address to differentiate users. Upon checking, the street address is seen as existing but not the number or box, that is why it is only good for business acc. Never had an issue re address for business acc, and never used the word pobox.

Stang GT 03-26-2019 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 489036)
eBay and PayPal don't like P.O. Box for registration address. At least in the U.S. I have gotten around this before. Let say for example my PO Box is

Your Name/Biz Name
P.O. Box 555
New York, NY (Zip Code)

you look up the street address for the Post Office lets say it "55 Main Street" for these purposes.

Your Name/Biz Name
55 Main Street #555
New York, NY (Zip Code)

In the U.S. Depending on the Post Office you might have them leave you a nasty note about changing the address like that. I have had it happen more than once in the past in the various places I have had. It is hit or miss.

Question on that nasty note, you mean just the post office leaving you a note on a return you got that's all?

That's really ingenious thank you for the idea and giving me my new address 😉

agent006140 03-26-2019 09:53 PM

POST office is not the only place you can open a mail box,mail service station does,and it will be your name,street number,street,suite xyz,city,zipcode.
does Holland have privately run mail stations which offer mail box?
also can you cancel your post office mail box and get your money back,at least pro rata.

agent006140 03-26-2019 09:55 PM

same with your utility bill,can you add apt number to your home address ?
then you can present your utility bill and hope for the best/
or may be the mail station owner would add you rname to his utility account??????????

agent006140 03-26-2019 09:57 PM

with so many adult children living with their parents,how do they present a utility bil in their name,not their parents?

ddm50 03-30-2019 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 989222)
with so many adult children living with their parents,how do they present a utility bil in their name,not their parents?

Damn boy, you're so dumb... their address of residency is their parent's address so it doesn't matter... and who said it needed to be a utility bill?