eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Account verify by Paypal question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/6616-account-verify-paypal-question.html)

braxtonmarley 08-15-2008 12:43 PM

Account verify by Paypal question

Hello-
I submitted my bank information on Tuesday afternoon via Paypal. However, it is not showing up in my bank yet. How long does this process usually take?

Also, this Paypal account in under my Dad's name. He submitted is CC information, etc. and all worked out with that. We used a legit street address, not a PO Box and we have a phone number that has never been linked to Paypal.

Also, my Dad has never had a Paypal account. I have and that is why I am using my Dad's information for Paypal and Ebay.

However, I posted a thread asking if we could use my checking account information since my Dad does not have one. Everyone on here said yes, it would not be a problem.

But, now I am worried because the deposit is not showing up and now I am afraid that someone, whether it be the bank or Paypal is red flagging this.

Do you think so or am I being paranoid and impatient?

PLEASE REPLY ASAP!!!

philly387 08-15-2008 01:31 PM

I would not worry about it. It took 3 days for the funds to show up in my bank account. If it does not go through on Monday then I would start to worry for sure. I think PayPal will send you an email if they have a problem depositing the funds.

aspkin 08-16-2008 10:51 PM

It's the weekend yes? Give it until Monday or Tuesday.

Floridian 08-17-2008 12:42 AM

I hope you used your father's name as the account holder!?

braxtonmarley 08-18-2008 10:34 PM

Okay. This did not work. It stated that they bank did not recognize the account number. I feel like it was because the deposit went in as my fathers name and the bank account is in my name. So many people here said this would not matter, but it probably did.

So, please tell me... what should I do now?

skrillaveli 09-26-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braxtonmarley (Post 55326)
Okay. This did not work. It stated that they bank did not recognize the account number. I feel like it was because the deposit went in as my fathers name and the bank account is in my name. So many people here said this would not matter, but it probably did.

So, please tell me... what should I do now?

same thing happened to me. I tried to do it again and Paypal asked me if I wanted to confirm instantly by entering my online banking login information. Should I do this?

philly387 09-26-2008 10:50 AM

You can do that if you would like. But once it is confirmed change your password for sure.

skrillaveli 09-26-2008 11:41 AM

Do they see my real name and addy if I do it that way? because the paypal acct is in a different name.

trg005 09-26-2008 12:16 PM

Maybe you had a typo and gave the wrong account number? Another thought is when did you open your banking account? I use citibank online - I get an instant approval with my new account number BUT with citibank the new account may not be fully in their system for an hour or up to 7 days. Also you have to remember to put a 0 in front of the account number. Just a thought.

trg005 09-26-2008 12:24 PM

I am reading now should you confirm insntantly by giving your account login info. I say NO NO NO! I tried that with a checking account never associated with paypal/ebay and I was suspended! I don't know if mine is an unusual/isolated or coincidence but all I could think of is by giving them the login information maybe they can read who the account belongs to? And the reason they gave me for my suspension was the account was associated with my original ebay account in my name that was first suspended. So it was linked. Could only have been they were able to read my name when I gave them permission to login.

skrillaveli 09-26-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trg005 (Post 59797)
Maybe you had a typo and gave the wrong account number? Another thought is when did you open your banking account? I use citibank online - I get an instant approval with my new account number BUT with citibank the new account may not be fully in their system for an hour or up to 7 days. Also you have to remember to put a 0 in front of the account number. Just a thought.

Why do you have to put a 0 in front of the account number? I've had the account for a few months now. Maybe the 0 in front of the account number is what I was missing.

trg005 09-26-2008 02:22 PM

If your account number shows only 9 numbers ... but this is a citibank account.