Another Way Scammers Ask Unsuspecting People Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-16-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Another Way Scammers Ask Unsuspecting People Paypal

scammers are really getting more creative, i am going to post the email these scammers send to vulnerable people.. read below ..

We are happy that you are interested in this position. My name is Victoria Miller, yours human resource manager Electronics Distribution Group Company. All further the correspondence via this e-mail. To start working with Electronics Distribution Group Company, you need to have the Verified Premier PayPal account. Please inform me your PayPal account e-mail address for start working.

Best Regards,
Human Resource Manager
Victoria Miller

Electronics Distribution Group
www.ed-group.net'

below is a post from the person who actually got caught up in the web...

They ARE a scam!
Electronics Distribution Group is a SCAM!! Unfortunately I fell for the job offer. I had just lost my job and the bills were pilling up, I thought working from home would be a good idea considering I have a five year old and no money for daycare or a sitter. These people found me on Careerbuilders.com so at first I thought it would be ok. I even emailed Careerbuilders and asked if these guys were legit but I got no response back. Some thing just didn't seem right about them but I needed to support my family.

I worked for them for about 10 days using my PayPal account and transferring the money back to them, I only did it twice. My gut was telling me to stop so I did. I closed my PayPal account so that they couldn't use it anymore. When I told 'Victoria' I couldn't work for 'her' anymore she tried to get me to stay but I said no. Now I have two charge-backs on my PayPal account. What makes these people think they can take advantage of others this way. This is absolutely unbelievable to me and it makes me sick to my stomach. I want to put these people away for good so that they can't do this to anyone else. I have every email saved from that thief and I am willing to do what ever it takes to bring them down.

SHE WAS ASKED TO SEND THE MONEY BACK THE COUNTRY OF UKRAINE.....

NOTE.. COMPLAINT WRITTEN BY ANOTER PERSON NAMED AMY..

Last edited by newdenim; 08-16-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: typo
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-16-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

... if you fall for something like this it's over for you. Give me your computer and you'll be a lot safer.
Old 08-17-2008

Longevity: 91%

LOL, my grandma would have been able to identify this as scam :-)
Old 08-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

You can easily tell that the email was not legit by looking at all the grammatical errors "Victoria" made. If it really was a real company's email, I'm sure their email would be flawless.