Got 2 21-Day Holds on Payments - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

Well u learned a lessaon NEVER SHIP NOTHING UNTILL THE CASH IS IN YOUR HANDS screw paypal and them thives should never be trusted.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

Everyone of my buyers honored their payments they were refunded, God bless them all. I even shipped something to one of my buyers who was hesitant to pay for the item since I had been suspended so I shipped it to her anyways, to Europe even, and that person actually sent me a money order to pay for it all including shipping after she got her item. That really restored my my faith in humanity. Plus, I had buyers hunting me down wondering where in the heck I had disappeared to and wtf ebay was doing suspending me. I know for a fact that at least a half dozen of them sent scathing letters to ebay expressing their displeasure with the loss of one of their favorite sellers. Those same buyers are now just buying directly from me now, screw ebay...bahawahawah ha.
Old 09-24-2008

Longevity: 96%

Since the 21 day hold thing started i have never had any problems. I had a few holds yes but once feedback was left or it showed confirmation the hold was removed. I dont just wait until someone decides to follow up on my account to see whether it was confirmed or feedback was left because to my knowledge its not an automated thing. It only takes 24 - 72hrs for someone to review it. So as soon as feedback is left or i have delivery confirmation. I call them and ask to be transferred to the resolution department and request for the hold to be removed based on the information available. They review the information while and im on the phone and release hold while im on the phone. This has always worked for me and i have done this at least 6 times mainly for larger amounts. Small transactions i just let it wait it out.
Old 10-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

Someone said that if you send an invoice to buyer first and they pay you dont get a 21 day hold. Can anyone confirm this? I have no clue why this would make any difference but I thought I read this in one of the threads.
Old 10-08-2008

Longevity: 90%

I got my account suspended. Someone paid me for an item £100 or so. I withdrew it and it was in my bank. eBay send the member an email saying i have been suspended. Immediately she opens a dispute even though the item was on delivery for that day. Paypal reversed the withdrawel and attempted to take the money out of my bank, but the lady received the item and closed the dispute straight away.

In hindsight where are our sellers rights! We sell. We get paid. We send. We withdraw.

But now we are at risk of being "Limited" and give some long and hard verification process sending copies of driving licenses to Paypal (do they dispose of after)

They can seize our trading at any point just because you may have a lot of sales.

Not only that but a buyer can just open a dispute after you have sent an item, and then the seller loses the money AND the item? Is this correct or am i talking nonsense?

Thanks
Old 10-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

I like your method divine but I hate getting any unwanted attention brought onto my accounts
Old 10-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

burst, you have to be confident enough to be able to talk to paypal. It is your money so you must be able to deal with anyone that wants to deprive you of it.Interesting you mention this: it pertains to a question you asked yesterday.

Last edited by GreenBean; 10-09-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

I can tell you I was ok until this 21 day hold thing. I refuse to send an item to a buyer when the money isnt even in my hands and all they have to do is leave negative feedback or open a dispute and they reverse the payment. Yea right, way too easy to get scammed. Where's the SELLER protection here??? I am just going to start refunding every payment after each auction, then sending a payment request and see if that works.
Old 10-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

I know its about confidence, that parts easy. SWIMs been there, done that instore.

Im just saying any extra eyes viewing an account that could slip past them quietly...

Either way I decided to call and use divines method and it works. Thanks again
Old 10-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

I may just call paypal myself. Its been 3 days, positive feedback and delivery confirmation is posted in paypal on all my items, yet my money is still being held. What number did you guys call?
Old 10-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

The contact us link in paypal will give you a 6 digit PIN and their number.
Old 10-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burst View Post
I know its about confidence, that parts easy. SWIMs been there, done that instore.

Im just saying any extra eyes viewing an account that could slip past them quietly...

Either way I decided to call and use divines method and it works. Thanks again
Sure, that must be taken into account. But anyone must balance wanting their
money or letting paypal win. First time to do it is nerve-wracking
Old 10-10-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aking View Post
I can tell you I was ok until this 21 day hold thing. I refuse to send an item to a buyer when the money isnt even in my hands and all they have to do is leave negative feedback or open a dispute and they reverse the payment. Yea right, way too easy to get scammed. Where's the SELLER protection here??? I am just going to start refunding every payment after each auction, then sending a payment request and see if that works.
I think the majority to people on ebay just want the item they bought. On occasion you would get a buyer trying to manipulate the system. Dont tell the buyer you have a 21 day hold. The good thing about the hold is you know as soon as the payment is made that it has a hold. To me that gives that order priority. Dont rely on the buyer leaving feedback because some people take forever. Always ship it with a tracking number and signature required even if you have to pay a little extra because its worth getting your money faster. The one thing i have learnt from using paypal is, understand their policies, flow with their system and make it work for yourself.
Old 10-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Yea, that is good and all, but it slows down productivity and sales. Now I have to waste a week just waiting on all my pending payments to release, when I could be selling and shipping products.
Old 10-14-2008

$1100 being held over two transactions with pos feedback since the 7th.
My first 'hold' of $200 was released one day after pos feedback, so I thought cool and decided to sell two other big items with no fear of being scammed by paypal.
So I guess funds are released 'randomly'

eBay has turned into a Scam site with no Seller protections
If a guy with a new account or low feedback sells you a PS3 and he doesn't ship with paypal you can easily scam him out of $500.
Worst, if you buy e-tickets (ticketfast) you can also easily scam...

I doubt I'll ever use ebay again for items over $100

Last edited by eBayRage; 10-14-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yeah for high $ items the best bet is not to use paypal as your payment processer. I seen people on ebay sale cars and accept paypal as payment WTF are they thinking a Car gezz pay in cash in person when picking up the car.
Old 10-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine422 View Post
I think the majority to people on ebay just want the item they bought. On occasion you would get a buyer trying to manipulate the system. Dont tell the buyer you have a 21 day hold. The good thing about the hold is you know as soon as the payment is made that it has a hold. To me that gives that order priority. Dont rely on the buyer leaving feedback because some people take forever. Always ship it with a tracking number and signature required even if you have to pay a little extra because its worth getting your money faster. The one thing i have learnt from using paypal is, understand their policies, flow with their system and make it work for yourself.
I agree with this statement completely. Most buyers just want their item, and don't really know the way Paypal works. The 21 day hold sucks, but I wouldn't worry about a buyer filing a false claim trying to screw you. Sure it happens, but it is very rare. I would just ship them item off with delivery confirmation (or signature if you want to be really safe). You should have confirmation on all your packages anyway.
Old 10-15-2008
Executive [VIP]

well i contacted them to get my holds lifted and the next day my account was limited. hmmmm i dont think that method is a good idea.

The only thing I have to send in is invoices, but it doesnt tell me which transaction i need to send an invoice for???
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

woke up this morning and my account was reinstated.