eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Using Paypal App on new iphone, old number (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/67120-using-paypal-app-new-iphone-old-number.html)

kittywalt 11-17-2013 01:22 PM

Using Paypal App on new iphone, old number

So I have been doing fine with my stealth accounts for awhile, but due to circumstances I need to access my funds faster this weekend.

I have a new iphone, which has never been used to log into any paypal or ebay account - however it is the same cell phone number (but different phone) that was used previously (like 2 years ago) to log into my now suspended account.

I don't know if using the paypal app will link me to my old account....even though the cell phone is new, but the number is the same.

I mainly want to use it for the ability to purchase at stores, which I need to make a purchase at Home Depot today.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

heil86 12-13-2013 11:04 PM

Re: Using Paypal App on new iphone, old number

I know this is a month old, but I came across it in a search and have an answer for you and others who might find this thread.

If you have no other choice, tether the phone to your laptop, make note of the IP address and use a new user account on the laptop that has not been used before. I would avoid the PayPal app at all costs. We have no confirmation what data they are able to get from the phone, more than likely.. it will be your phone number, imei, device name, cell tower info and past wifi connections.

joesshooze 12-14-2013 09:03 PM

OP, if the number is the same you just linked the acct. The device is not an issue here. The number is though.

Try reading the stealth guide because this is 1st grade stealth school stuff.

nivo 12-14-2013 09:46 PM

OP, I have used other phones to tether with wifi. The app seems to know what the old number was registered as (correct me if I am wrong) but does not seem to transfer them. I did the same as you recently - but I simply got a prepaid phone for $10 and a $10 100minute/text plan and then linked it to my account. On PP it asked me to make the pin on the site - and I just went to the store. You do not actually need the phone with you (just the number and pin) nor does the phone need to be "smart" lol