eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Purchasing items via paypal IN a store? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/68157-purchasing-items-via-paypal-store.html)

Pasicel 12-14-2013 05:03 AM

Purchasing items via paypal IN a store?

So a couple months ago, I came across something interesting at the mall.
I cant remember what clothing store it was, I want to say G by Guess.

Passing through I recall reading a sign saying you can now pay in store through Paypal..

Has anyone came across & attempted this?

xxbossman111 12-14-2013 10:53 AM

Re: Purchasing items via paypal IN a store?

yes theres alot of places accepting paypal now

nivo 12-14-2013 10:24 PM

Go on a phone and then to the PP app, it will use your gps and tell you nearby places that accept payments. Good was to move money from paypal if you find stores that have items that you want.

glacier922 12-14-2013 11:27 PM

How do you use PayPal to purchase it? I heard Office Depot allows PayPal but when I tried to buy something, they were like 'I don't know how to do this, couldn't you just use a credit card?'

nivo 12-15-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 511573)
How do you use PayPal to purchase it? I heard Office Depot allows PayPal but when I tried to buy something, they were like 'I don't know how to do this, couldn't you just use a credit card?'

The employees never know how to do anything - no offense, but they are paid minimum wage for a reason :heh:. I have never heard of office depot allowing, but I am not sure on that at all - I know home depot is the major one and otherwise it is little boutiques in my area.

You just need a CONFIRMED number and the pin you create (4-8 digits)..

I just goto self checkouts, and it says to payment options, click paypal, then it asks to confirm price on keypad, click ok.. enter phone number, then pin, done.

glacier922 12-15-2013 02:12 PM

@nivo, so in other words, google voice does not work is that correct?

Pasicel 12-15-2013 06:27 PM

Very interesting, thank you

nivo 12-16-2013 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 511725)
@nivo, so in other words, google voice does not work is that correct?

I could not get google voice to confirm, nor a few other services. It was a little trial error but I finally found a service that would actually call/text me the activation code to confirm my number.

ilovemymac 12-16-2013 11:38 PM

i have used it at home depot several times and bought walmart online pick up in store. Same with Target. SO far no issues. Radio shack is the other one in store i know of.

rsot 12-17-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivo (Post 511561)
Go on a phone and then to the PP app, it will use your gps and tell you nearby places that accept payments. Good was to move money from paypal if you find stores that have items that you want.

Dont log into the pp app though.

okay 12-22-2013 07:07 AM

The app does NOT require to be signed-in for the purchase?

Don't you need to sign into the pp app at some point like when you confirm/pin#? (before even making the purchase)?

Ive used the app under a non-stealth ppal and, excuse my being slow but I thought the app will link if managing several steALTHS..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 512248)
Dont log into the pp app though.

nivo 12-26-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okay (Post 513455)
The app does NOT require to be signed-in for the purchase?

Don't you need to sign into the pp app at some point like when you confirm/pin#? (before even making the purchase)?

Ive used the app under a non-stealth ppal and, excuse my being slow but I thought the app will link if managing several steALTHS..?

Yes. DO NOT log into several accounts on same phone, they will link (on the apps at least).

You will confirm what your pin is before the purchase. So you buy a prepaid, add the mobile phone to account, they confirm the random code, then they tell you about this great feature of buying from PP account in-stores and that you should create a 4-8 digit pin. You do that, bazinga.

I can only speak from Home depots POV, but you buy something, like you would normally, but when you choose payment, select pay with paypal. The pinpad thing asks for your phone number that you linked to the account, and then what the pin is, done. Balance owed = $0.00

You really only need the phone for the confirmation. Paypal can't really force you to log into mobile, as some people do not have a smart phone. -Given I am sure they can, this way simply makes it easier.