eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal disput after buyer filed claim with post office (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/68668-paypal-disput-after-buyer-filed-claim-post-office.html)

Aamanda 12-30-2013 10:11 PM

Paypal disput after buyer filed claim with post office

I need help. I have been selling for a little over a year. Right before Xmas I sold an iPad 3. Sent thru usps with tracking,insurance of $400 which should have automatically required signature (I was told by usps). Buyer messages me saying box received open with only packing materials and lid to box. I told her to ask neighbors, family, etc. nothing. She filed claim with usps before she even contacted me, which means that I cannot file one and the refund will go to her. Haven't heard from her in about a week, then today I get a message asking if I've heard anything, then I see she also filed a claim with paypal asking for a refund also. What should my next step be? Btw-I also took a million photos before shipping, with my member Id in photos.

nivo 12-30-2013 11:14 PM

Re: Paypal disput after buyer filed claim with post office

I doubt pics will help - if they end up "stealing" from you, maybe report to police with serial, and the address you shipped to etc. But it won't help you.

I would try to contact USPS and see if they can lookup the claim. The sender/receiver can both open a case, and they can have the check sent to either party too - so it could comes to you, but sounds more like a "pro" buyer and likely sent to themselves. Anyhow, the tracking is used in the case, so they can use that to look up case, and explain to them the problem. If they have yet to dispatch the check, maybe it can be reversed to you, as your the sendee.

I would not respond til' your "forced" by ebay as if you respond, the buyer can just escalate the case, and eB will favor the buyer unless you give damn good info. But if you can get the check, it would be like a wash in the end, even if you loose eB - though USPS will be at the loss, but more than likely they will get the check anyhow.

Aamanda 12-30-2013 11:50 PM

She filed the claim with paypal. So ur saying I shouldn't respond?

nivo 12-31-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aamanda (Post 515281)
She filed the claim with paypal. So ur saying I shouldn't respond?

If you do not respond then they will refund automatically. Say you will refund when you get the item. Send a message saying that you tried to open a dispute with USPS so you could get refunded, to send the buyer a refund, but the buyer already opened a case and is trying to double whammy?

rsot 12-31-2013 12:32 AM

Have to go through USPS too - get that insurance claim going