eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Buyer opens INR case after 2 days,wants refund, US address, profile says DR (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/68785-buyer-opens-inr-case-after-2-days-wants-refund-us-address-profile-says-dr.html)

Aamanda 01-04-2014 07:35 AM

Buyer opens INR case after 2 days,wants refund, US address, profile says DR

Okay, I sold a phone and buyer paid through pp on Wednesday. I am in New Jersey, which got hit with a ton of snow Thursday and Friday, the electric was spotty, and cable was out (no router). Anyway, I logged on last night, and see that he opened an INR case thru pp (I'm assuming b/c eBay won't let him until after estimated delivery date. I put in the listing 3 days to ship. Even if I had mailed it the next day, he wouldn't have gotten it yet! He wants me to refund him. What should I do?
Also, after he opened the case, I noticed that his profile says he lives in Dominican Republic, but mailing address is in Florida. Googled address and it is to a company called Almar USA.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Marie170 01-04-2014 07:46 AM

Re: Buyer opens INR case after 2 days,wants refund, US address, profile says DR

Is he PP verified? I had similar problem and refunded stating she wasn't verified. Good luck whichever way you decide to go!

Aamanda 01-04-2014 07:56 AM

Okay....
His shipping address (in Florida) is confirmed, but then under that where it says "Payment from" it has his name, then says "The sender of this payment is non US verified. .???????

jeffweico 01-04-2014 08:37 AM

Almar is a receiving service - they accept items bought in the USA and ship them to their customers, who are located overseas.

I have had many, many orders going to that address in Doral, FL.

Generally, I have not had too many problems, but some others have.

JamesNorth101 01-04-2014 08:38 AM

Message him back saying that a refund can be issued when the item is returned.

Upload any tracking info into PayPal and eBay

Aamanda 01-04-2014 09:34 AM

If he is verified as a non US resident, how can his address, which is in the US, be confirmed?

BTW- I wasn't able to go to the post office because of the massive snowstorm, so I never got to ship it. It just pisses me off that I have to refund over $300 b/c he has no patience, and thinks I should have trekked to the post office in the middle of a massive snowstorm.
I don't understand why a buyer can open a INR case in pp when the estimated delivery date hasn't even gotten here yet.

Also, if I refund him, does that count against me?

bombora 01-04-2014 12:24 PM

He can open it whenever he wants, if you add tracking info then it is all good. And PayPal tells them to be reasonable about delivery times so even if you waited another couple of days before putting in tracking info it would probably be OK.