eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal prepaid MasterCard (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/69723-paypal-prepaid-mastercard.html)

Dazzler87 01-28-2014 04:39 PM

Paypal prepaid MasterCard

Has anyone used the paypal prepaid MasterCard before? And is it a matter of just getting the card sent to you, linking it to your paypal, adding funds from your paypal account to it, then being able to use it to pay for stuff?

Thinking of getting one as some of my suppliers don't accept paypal but i could just load my paypal funds onto it then pay them by card, could use it for shopping as well.

An0nym0u$ 01-28-2014 04:50 PM

Re: Paypal prepaid MasterCard

It's not good for stealth purposes because you need to supply your SSN.

JamesNorth101 01-28-2014 05:03 PM

Wrong country :) No SSN in the UK

Dazzler87 01-28-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 523848)

Have you used them James?

JamesNorth101 01-28-2014 05:15 PM

Not yet no, I am in the process of doing a bit of digging RE the searches they carry out

I have always found bank account the simplest method, but the prepaid does provide a good alternative.

tmastermind 01-28-2014 05:37 PM

I have one and used it for a while now. Had the card for about 18 months. Its pretty useful as it is linked to your PayPal balance so no loading is necessary, you just use it like a debit card as long as your balance covers your purchase it will be fine.

It does give a nasty charge for withdrawing cash though. I think its something like £1.50/£2 per withdraw.

Paying for stuff is free and simple though.

Dazzler87 01-28-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 523851)
Not yet no, I am in the process of doing a bit of digging RE the searches they carry out

Yeh keep us updated if you don't mind I'm interested in trying them out..

An0nym0u$ 01-28-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 523848)

Thanks, ignored the flag :doh:

Dazzler87 01-28-2014 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmastermind (Post 523863)
I have one and used it for a while now. Had the card for about 18 months. Its pretty useful as it is linked to your PayPal balance so no loading is necessary, you just use it like a debit card as long as your balance covers your purchase it will be fine.

It does give a nasty charge for withdrawing cash though. I think its something like £1.50/£2 per withdraw.

That sounds great think i will have to try it out

xxbossman111 01-28-2014 08:48 PM

The pp card is your money as soon as a item is paid for you can use the card to spend or withdraw money instaed of transfering to your account

JamesNorth101 02-04-2014 04:22 PM

It seems getting the card itself is pretty straight forward, so long as you have access to the PP registered address.

The only issue that I have had in getting the card is actually getting invited to apply for one by PayPal. Only once you have been invited can you start the application. PayPal give no outline as to how to get invited (helpful as ever)

A couple of my stealths have been invited in the past so I have now applied for the card though one of these accounts.

ninex 02-05-2014 02:50 AM

Will be subing to this thread.
I do remember getting a debit card (after applying for it) as soon as I added a bank account that was verified to PP.

~But I could be wrong.

And yes the debit card would be the best way to access your funds from PP on the fly.

JamesNorth101 02-05-2014 03:35 AM

Different procedure in the USA to the UK

GreenBean 02-05-2014 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninex (Post 525975)
Will be subing to this thread.
I do remember getting a debit card (after applying for it) as soon as I added a bank account that was verified to PP.

~But I could be wrong.

And yes the debit card would be the best way to access your funds from PP on the fly.

Be aware that a USA paypal account asking for a paypal debit card must have an SSN supplied.

paypal USA are firm on this requirement.

Good Luck

:mod:

Dazzler87 02-05-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 525831)
It seems getting the card itself is pretty straight forward, so long as you have access to the PP registered address.

The only issue that I have had in getting the card is actually getting invited to apply for one by PayPal. Only once you have been invited can you start the application. PayPal give no outline as to how to get invited (helpful as ever)

A couple of my stealths have been invited in the past so I have now applied for the card though one of these accounts.

No way do you have to be invited, thats no paypal debit cards for me then.

Was your purchase % higher on the accounts you got the invite with compared to ones you didn't get the invite with?

Wondering if that could help you get the invite if they see you like to spend a few quid!

JamesNorth101 02-05-2014 06:27 PM

It was one of my old, 24 months or so, but fairly unused stealths. Just sat ticking along.
Another one was about 7 months old and selling a fair amount.
The other couple were again all fairly different

No discernible patten that I can see.

Only thing they all had in common was over 6 months old, all verified, confirmed and have the £1900 limit removed.

Dazzler87 02-05-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 526215)
It was one of my old, 24 months or so, but fairly unused stealths. Just sat ticking along.
Another one was about 7 months old and selling a fair amount.
The other couple were again all fairly different

No discernible patten that I can see.

Only thing they all had in common was over 6 months old, all verified, confirmed and have the £1900 limit removed.

Maybe there just sent at random then to fully verified accounts,

I Was just thinking with them only inviting a certain amount of people to apply for one, they maybe testing them to see how they work out, and would get better results from people who will spend and use them compared to accounts that hardly have any activity.

ukuser 03-06-2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmastermind (Post 523863)

which mastercard are you using?

easy.bake.oven 03-06-2016 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukuser (Post 752703)
which mastercard are you using?

Is already written in the posts above - it starts with p

mao 03-06-2016 03:14 PM

ive been using an acornaccount.com account, £1.50 charges are brutal for withdrawals, but if i use £ for shopping or whatever i can get cashback and theres no charges that way.

also £9.95 a month fee i think. Been on my PP and had no issues withdrawing to it via PP with mismatched names.

does take around 15 working days to receive everything you finally need to get going.

Better alternative is santander basic account, opened one within minutes the other day and received my card etc within a few days.