eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Upgrading to Business (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/70463-upgrading-business.html)

cre8ful 02-19-2014 04:40 PM

Upgrading to Business

I currently have a stealth account running very well, but very close to reaching 20k. Is it safe to upgrade to business account, change address to PO box using street address, and adding EIN. I am willing to pay the taxes, but don't want the IRS claiming taxes from someone else. Help is appreciated in how to proceed.

vogeltron 02-20-2014 03:49 AM

Re: Upgrading to Business

Quote:

Originally Posted by cre8ful (Post 529973)
I currently have a stealth account running very well, but very close to reaching 20k. Is it safe to upgrade to business account, change address to PO box using street address, and adding EIN. I am willing to pay the taxes, but don't want the IRS claiming taxes from someone else. Help is appreciated in how to proceed.

Is the account in your name/variation of your name, or a stealth name. Because once you make a PayPal with a stealth name you can't change it. Even if you change it to a business account the 1099k still comes under the PayPal account holders name not the company name. That is what has been the catch 22 about adding a EIN to a stealth PayPal for quite a while now.

Dmshark25 02-20-2014 07:27 AM

Taxes in the US , are assigned to a tax ID and not a name, there are many people with the same name, but your tax ID is unique to only you and that is who is responsible for taxes

cre8ful 02-20-2014 07:38 PM

So does the name matter or not?

rocketman 02-20-2014 08:19 PM

Hi cre8ful, thinking logically about this, if you have for example John Smith on your paypal as a name and you go and create an EIN in your name and you put it on John Smith, it would not work because EIN would not match the name on the paypal account, and once you get the 1099 you will get it under John Smith not your name, so personally I would not do it this way, instead, I would open a new pp and put real name and ein, much better this way, you can get a po box or i prefer a ups box since it comes as a street name like suite or APT, not PO Box since pp dont like PO BOX. hope that helps. good luck.

vogeltron 02-21-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman (Post 530450)
Hi cre8ful, thinking logically about this, if you have for example John Smith on your paypal as a name and you go and create an EIN in your name and you put it on John Smith, it would not work because EIN would not match the name on the paypal account, and once you get the 1099 you will get it under John Smith not your name, so personally I would not do it this way, instead, I would open a new pp and put real name and ein, much better this way, you can get a po box or i prefer a ups box since it comes as a street name like suite or APT, not PO Box since pp dont like PO BOX. hope that helps. good luck.

Other members have reported as long as it matches the Business name even with a stealth name it will pass the PayPal test. However, the big question results from the 1099k in a stealth name. That is the answer you would need to ask an accountant about. I agree with the post above would be better off doing it all legit with new info and variations of names in cities nearby, etc.

cre8ful 02-21-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vogeltron (Post 530537)
Other members have reported as long as it matches the Business name even with a stealth name it will pass the PayPal test. However, the big question results from the 1099k in a stealth name. That is the answer you would need to ask an accountant about. I agree with the post above would be better off doing it all legit with new info and variations of names in cities nearby, etc.

Thanks I think I will keep my EIN aside and use paypal next year up to 20k. I'll use my merchant plus account instead.