eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Ebay user ID showing up on Credit Report (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/70492-ebay-user-id-showing-up-credit-report.html)

acreech41311 02-20-2014 11:12 AM

Ebay user ID showing up on Credit Report

I just got my annual free credit report form Experian and Equifax and I noticed on the Experian report under employers it has two listed, my current employer, and the very first one listed is my ebay seller ID!?

Just curious if anyone else has this on theirs and if you have any idea how it got there? This was the first year I got a 1099 from paypal so I wondered if that had anything to do with it or are paypal/ebay somehow connected/reporting to the credit bureaus? Its got it in all caps as the very first "employer"

It doesn't appear on my Equifax though, just the Experian and I can't get my Transunion to check it just yet since it hasn't been a year since I got it last time.

Im going to see if I can get it removed as an employer, my only concern is that Im getting ready to purchase some land and I don't want that to interfere with any paperwork the bank may do.

Dmshark25 02-20-2014 07:08 PM

Re: Ebay user ID showing up on Credit Report

Is it the same as your business name ??

MM78 02-20-2014 07:10 PM

Is your account under a DBA or LLC?

zoneout 02-21-2014 12:51 AM

Does it say PayPal is your employer or just has some userid there like "bozo2014". If it's just a userid with no other identifiers I can't see how it could mess up your land deal.

JRaynor101 02-21-2014 01:13 AM

I've had no mention of my eBay activity or anything on my credit report in the UK, and I pay all my taxes necessary on it and have declared it for years.

Dmshark25 02-21-2014 04:01 AM

If his user I'd is his DbA or legal Business name that's why it is showing up because he received a 1099 from the company

jeffweico 02-21-2014 04:28 AM

I have to believe if the credit bureaus were going to report eBay id's, they would list them as such. I doubt these are being reported.

Much more likely is that a creditor, or a potential credit grantor, reported your eBay user ID as your employer. Did you ever list eBay as your employer on a credit application, or give your user ID to a creditor?

I have over 10 years of experience dealing with the credit bureaus (through my previous job in the collections industry). I can tell you that job data is NOT verified in any way, it is simply reported.

Teasly 02-23-2014 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 530513)
I have over 10 years of experience dealing with the credit bureaus (through my previous job in the collections industry). I can tell you that job data is NOT verified in any way, it is simply reported.

Any chance to have something like this removed or corrected, in your experience?

GreenBean 02-23-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teasly (Post 531242)
Any chance to have something like this removed or corrected, in your experience?

Provided you have reasonable grounds, you can more often than not get inaccuracies removed.

This is why for sellers being stealth, I often suggest getting that yearly free copy of a credit report.

That allows us to keep track of what is happening out there in cyberland.

:surrender:

GreenBean 02-23-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreech41311 (Post 530232)
I just got my annual free credit report form Experian and Equifax and I noticed on the Experian report under employers it has two listed, my current employer, and the very first one listed is my ebay seller ID!?

Check over what banks you have used & if you gave any of them paypal info.

:spy:

yankee 02-23-2014 10:37 AM

At one point or another you gave a bank, credit card company, creditor of some sort or a lean-holder that info directly or indirectly as an employer. It is irrelevant to your credit report or score and can be removed with a simple letter to the credit bureau. My most recent credit report shows Capital one reporting my monthly income last week and that will be removed no later than the Monday after the next Monday. I know exactly why it shows there same with alternative billing addresses. I have these things monitored and removed instantly.

joesshooze 02-24-2014 11:49 AM

Eb does not accept payments or issue 1099. I could understand PP showing up but eb? Unless in collection. I really don't get it, sorry?