eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Selling from 1 eBay account with different paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/73307-selling-1-ebay-account-different-paypal.html)

Jetplanes 05-08-2014 12:54 AM

Selling from 1 eBay account with different paypal

I recently started selling on ebay. my paypal and ebay are all good but my question tho would they find out if i start listing but to a different paypal? I want to keep the same ebay account for discounts.

Is this at all possible? Any help would be appreciated

Lost in the Supermarket 05-10-2014 12:13 AM

Re: Selling from 1 eBay account?

If I understand your question..................

yes, just put a different email (paypal) address in teh payment part of the listing you are creating.

And learn the info about limits for IRS reporting. 200 transactions and $20K. I am guessing that is what you are trying to accomplish.

MM78 05-10-2014 12:24 AM

OF COURSE ebay will find out.....perhaps you were not aware but Ebay owns Paypal. Adding another Paypal to an Ebay account will cause issues.

pokerpro 05-10-2014 01:12 AM

Yes, if you use more than one paypal account with an ebay account you have just "insta-linked" them...now, if one goes, they both go. NEVER use more than one paypal with one ebay...do not intermingle them.

JamesNorth101 05-10-2014 04:38 AM

Need to keep 1 EB to 1 PP.

yankee 05-10-2014 04:15 PM

Yes you can to answer your question, but why would you want to?

If you are trying to avoid the 1099 from paypal, on the same SS or EIN number, all accounts will be tallied together. For example, I have a paypal for personal on my SS and another business on my SS, both get combined on the 1099K

You would have to have a new business entity with an EIN with all its own info such as a LLC or Corporation or even a DBA using a new address.

It is a good idea to have more than one completely separate ebay/paypal account though. To many eggs in one basket with just one account. I would say just about every member here will say run multiple accounts for a variety of reason.
I wish you luck!

qjabraham 05-10-2014 05:53 PM

So question if 1 eBay account goes down due to suspension MC 999 listing policy would you add a new good. eBay account to that paypal account that's still kickin?...

yankee 05-10-2014 06:12 PM

Short term only. If you are smart about it you can get a few months, maybe more BUT I would absolutely make a new email never used on ebay and add that to your paypal first. Again, short term to keep the ball rolling while you create new accounts.

vogeltron 05-11-2014 04:27 AM

They will be linked and you will be squashed like a bug. You must make everything new and unlinked. eBay and PayPal are very specific about using linked accounts. It is the Dominio effect.

Short term greed, Will only cause long term stress when it comes to eBay and PP.

Make new accounts, do it right and play by the rules. That is your absolutely best way to stay under the radar and keep doing what you are doing. It is not easy but those who learn can become very successful. As to the purge of incompetents who can not figure it out. Less sellers = more money.

rsot 05-11-2014 06:10 AM

- dont do this. 1 pp per 1 eb - avoid links.

You should NOT be aiming to rely just on 1 eB account

GreenBean 05-11-2014 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qjabraham (Post 552209)
So question if 1 eBay account goes down due to suspension MC 999 listing policy would you add a new good. eBay account to that paypal account that's still kickin?...

Not sensibly or wisely.

:doh:

Lost in the Supermarket 05-11-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 552325)
- dont do this. 1 pp per 1 eb - avoid links.

You should NOT be aiming to rely just on 1 eB account

Hang on now...................not too fast to judge.

He didn't say anything about stealth or suspension or anything like that.

Here is what he might be doing: Running one successful ebay account, above board and no troubles. He might be nearing his 20K/200 limit and want to use another PP account (wife's SSN?).

I did that for years...bouncing from one PP to another, staying under the reporting limits.

True.....if you get MC999'd then all of your accounts are screwed....but he did not bring that up as a concern. He just asked how to change PP to receive money on ebay sales.

IF...big IF.....you can get lots and lots of PP accounts then you can just rotate them through a single EB account for reporting purposes. Plan is better if you are doing good business and doing risky things to get thrown off EB though.

I cna see this for a PowerSeller account with discounts, loyal customer base etc etc....

But always have accounts under construction when it hits the fan.

pokerpro 05-11-2014 09:23 AM

What? You're only allowed to have 2 paypal accounts in your name (unless this has changed, which I doubt). So, given that, if you were to try and attach more than 2 to any one ebay account, then you are using a paypal account in someone elses name, and no way are they gonna let that slide, not for any length of time, and then, when they catch that, the entire world crashes in on you.

My ex-wife once wanted to help a friend of her's out, so for like 10 ebay listings she put her friends paypal address in the listings, so the money would go to the friend...6 months later, when my wifes account got limited, so did her friends and everyone that she was associated with....

Mixing paypal accounts to different ebay accounts would be like having a bomb strapped to you.........any minute and......

Jetplanes 05-13-2014 06:42 AM

Re: Selling from 1 eBay account with different paypal

Supermarket gets it. I much rather one legit ebay and then worry about cashin out. Ive got power seller in really short time and i never screw people. Its alot to keep customers happy and with running multiple ebays, i dont see myself remaining sane.

yankee 05-13-2014 07:40 AM

Ebay could not care less about power seller, TRS, great customer service, etc...Ebay is in the business to make money. I lost an account last fall that was paying 20-30k every month in ebay fees for years. It was a decade old account with tens of thousands of feedback. No problems as far as DRS scores, feedback, etc... Accounts like that are the exact accounts ebay is looking to purge for the past two years and very clearly for 2014 as well.

Having one account, is putting all your eggs in one basket. Think of how long it takes to grow an account again.

Also, what is illegitimate about a business with an ebay account?

GreenBean 05-13-2014 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetplanes (Post 552806)
Supermarket gets it. I much rather one legit ebay and then worry about cashin out. Ive got power seller in really short time and i never screw people. Its alot to keep customers happy and with running multiple ebays, i dont see myself remaining sane.

you need ONE bad apple.

Then you will know grief.

Try to avoid narrow thinking. Replies have come from users with much more experience than yours.

ebay is not nice. paypal is worse.

:deadhorse:

Hercules 05-13-2014 07:52 AM

It's not just mc999's to worry about, there is the money back claims. Ebay puts holds on the odd Paypal. Then you are exposed a little or alot who knows. When it's time to settle and return the funds on a claim you have to log in to the wrong paypal!
You can't share the user acct with the original PP! So logging into the wrong PP instantly closes you down. The same for the ebay acct....good luck!

Jetplanes 05-13-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 552813)
you need ONE bad apple.

Then you will know grief.

Try to avoid narrow thinking. Replies have come from users with much more experience than yours.

ebay is not nice. paypal is worse.

:deadhorse:

Thats soo crazyy cause this fool early claim i shorted him on product when i know 100% i packed the right amount. So yeah i guess you guys are right a spare ebay never hurts..

btw this forum is awesome :peace:

MM78 05-13-2014 09:54 AM

There's a reason why we suggest to sell on more than 1 account.....With Ebay there is no such thing as a solid account, Ebay can zap any account at any time, Ebay don't care how long you've been on Ebay or how high your DSR's are.

Hercules 05-13-2014 11:48 AM

That's right MM78, I've seen 5/6 digit FB accts (not Mine) vanish without a peep or a return trial period...incredible!

rsot 05-13-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 552834)
There's a reason why we suggest to sell on more than 1 account.....With Ebay there is no such thing as a solid account, Ebay can zap any account at any time, Ebay don't care how long you've been on Ebay or how high your DSR's are.

Lots of success with people who have many accounts to spread sales.

vogeltron 05-14-2014 07:45 AM

Never put you Eggs in one Basket. If you are a squirrel never hide all you nuts in one tree.