eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Trouble adding bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/73600-trouble-adding-bank-account.html)

Flapcake 05-17-2014 10:07 AM

Trouble adding bank account

Hi all,

My main account was suspended by eBay using code MC999 through no fault of my own so therefore I created a brand new eBay and PayPal account using my work address and a stealth name.

I added a registered Visa gift card as my debit card in my PayPal account and was able to confirm the account so I could use it for the time being to purchase on eBay to build up my feedback. On Thursday 15th, I opened a new bank account with NatWest and got my account number and sort code. When I first entered my bank sort code and account number it sent me to a page where it presented me with my stealth name, work address etc... when I pressed the button to add my bank account, the website crashed with an internal error so I tried the process again only to be greeted with the following message...

The account you've entered needs an additional review before we can proceed. Please add a different bank account. If you'd still like to use this bank account, please contact Customer Service.

I do not know why I get this message. Can PayPal see that my bank account is registered to my real name and real address and denied it as it didn't match my work address and stealth name?

I'm in the UK and NatWest is one of the major banks in the country.

I would appreciate some help with getting my bank account linked.

Flapcake 05-19-2014 03:57 PM

Re: Trouble adding bank account

So does no one have a clue or ever came across this issue before?

Bunneh 05-19-2014 04:22 PM

It a system glitch. The only way to add is buy calling PayPal
And let them enter I manually.

Flapcake 05-25-2014 05:31 PM

Just wanted to give an update. I called PayPal and the representative added the bank account for me.

The reason why it didn't work at first was because the bank didn't accept the deposit and returned it, it turned out that the bank account was too new and wasn't completely set up yet and the deposit didn't go through.

I was relieved that they didn't ask me difficult questions!

pokerpro 05-25-2014 06:13 PM

Glad for you! Lesson learned huh.

Ebayorbust 05-26-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flapcake (Post 555686)
Just wanted to give an update. I called PayPal and the representative added the bank account for me.

The reason why it didn't work at first was because the bank didn't accept the deposit and returned it, it turned out that the bank account was too new and wasn't completely set up yet and the deposit didn't go through.

I was relieved that they didn't ask me difficult questions!

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. It's good to know what the reason was for the original rejection. It will certainly help others that get the same problem.