eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal changes...good for us? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/74404-paypal-changes-good-us.html)

Lost in the Supermarket 06-13-2014 08:00 AM

Paypal changes...good for us?

Hey,

Just got an email from paypal that says effective June 17th they will not require shipping to a confirmed address for seller protection.

The way I see it:

1st order effect.....I can buy stuff to my stealth address to build FB, and I can be protected more now as a seller

2nd order effect (?)....Paypal might be loosening the controls on verifying address in general terms. Maybe it is harder now that so many GenXers are living at home, people moving back and forth so much etc etc.

Any thoughts on how this loosening of address confirmation might impact us?

pokerpro 06-13-2014 09:12 AM

Re: Paypal changes...good for us?

I didn't know it, but I like it for the points you made.

rsot 06-13-2014 09:30 AM

More buyers with nonconfirmed addresses coming out of the woodwork...

jak 06-13-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in the Supermarket (Post 559788)
Hey,

Just got an email from paypal that says effective June 17th they will not require shipping to a confirmed address for seller protection.

The way I see it:

1st order effect.....I can buy stuff to my stealth address to build FB, and I can be protected more now as a seller

2nd order effect (?)....Paypal might be loosening the controls on verifying address in general terms. Maybe it is harder now that so many GenXers are living at home, people moving back and forth so much etc etc.

Any thoughts on how this loosening of address confirmation might impact us?

If you look at the stats of Ebay, they have far more international trade than the trade within the US. However they still a BS company, even the head of PP left to move onto FB, what does this tell you?

Lost in the Supermarket 06-14-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jak (Post 559821)
If you look at the stats of Ebay, they have far more international trade than the trade within the US. However they still a BS company, even the head of PP left to move onto FB, what does this tell you?

Sinking ship? Rats are abandoning it........

yotano211 06-14-2014 10:15 AM

One top executive leaving Paypal does not say that the company is not doomed. Paypal still has tons of growth into the future. Online payments are growing every year. Its why Amazon wants more of the pie.

danshan 06-14-2014 12:26 PM

Pp does not currently require shipping to a confirmed address but if the address is not confirmed and their is a chargeback you currently lose the money.

Lost in the Supermarket 06-15-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 560050)
Pp does not currently require shipping to a confirmed address but if the address is not confirmed and their is a chargeback you currently lose the money.

I say again..............
(cut and paste)
Starting June 17, Seller Protection will cover transactions even when the buyer’s address is unconfirmed. We’re removing the ‘confirmed address eligibility’ requirement. That means we’ll cover millions of additional domestic and international transactions so you can sell to more customers and know your eligible transactions are protected.
(end cut and paste)

You were NEVER required to send to confirmed address, but there was no protection if you did. That is what changes.

danshan 06-15-2014 08:48 AM

Confirmed address protects you from all types of issues non confirmed does not protect you with chargebacks but does protect you with item not received