eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Withdrew to Paypal, it completed, I removed the bank, now deposit is getting REVERSED (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/75030-withdrew-paypal-completed-i-removed-bank-now-deposit-getting-reversed.html)

pr0wake 07-05-2014 12:57 PM

Withdrew to Paypal, it completed, I removed the bank, now deposit is getting REVERSED

Im a little dumbfounded

$700 was withdrawn from PP to my checking account. The transfer completed, it finalized in my checking account on 6/30.

The attached EB got limited a few days prior to me withdrawing (along with others), so I just removed the bank account from PP after it finished and went on with life.

Today, a pending transaction for that account shows a paypal reversal. A WEEK AFTER

My bank is NOT attached to that paypal anymore! how the heck are they doing this?

pr0wake 07-05-2014 01:06 PM

Re: Withdrew to Paypal, it completed, I removed the bank, now deposit is getting REVE

Wanted to add the account is NOT in negative, NO open PP disputes, nothing!

BiN4RY 07-05-2014 01:07 PM

Re: Withdrew to Paypal, it completed, I removed the bank, now deposit is getting REVE

Just because your bank isn't attached to your Paypal account anymore, it doesn't mean they don't keep track of your previous bank account information. The account will go back to your Paypal account after a few days, and you're going to need to add the bank account back to Paypal to withdraw it again.

GoteBay 07-05-2014 01:07 PM

They will be able to reverse the transaction, because they still have your information on file. In addition, the agreement you accepted before creating the account gives them more power.

Dmshark25 07-05-2014 02:34 PM

That is strange , usually if you remove the bank account it is no longer a funding source, did you have the debit card to that bank account attached to that paypal?

Sandy D 07-05-2014 03:23 PM

If you did not close the account they still have access to it.

Removing it from paypal means nothing.

pr0wake 07-05-2014 03:56 PM

CC on file was not attached to the bank account. I had the bank do a stop payment... no email or anything from paypal. It is although now limited, requesting personal info.

Dmshark25 07-05-2014 05:13 PM

There is a way to take you'r bank account off as a funding source, I do it with all my paypal accounts, and just keep my credit card as the only funding source

This is with the bank account added on to paypal and after changing. The funding source they never went into my bank o matter what, even if there were no funds on my VCC

It's something I stumbled on by accident and now I make sure that on all my verified paypal accounts I take the bank off as. A funding source

Futuremogul888 07-05-2014 07:49 PM

Paypal can be tricky with removing information. If you remove the bank account in one place you often have to remove it in several places. You probably removed it from payment methods screen without it being removed from the pre-authorized payment subscriptions screen.

BiN4RY 07-05-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 564386)
There is a way to take you'r bank account off as a funding source, I do it with all my paypal accounts, and just keep my credit card as the only funding source

This is with the bank account added on to paypal and after changing. The funding source they never went into my bank o matter what, even if there were no funds on my VCC

It's something I stumbled on by accident and now I make sure that on all my verified paypal accounts I take the bank off as. A funding source

Quote:

Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 (Post 564420)
Paypal can be tricky with removing information. If you remove the bank account in one place you often have to remove it in several places. You probably removed it from payment methods screen without it being removed from the pre-authorized payment subscriptions screen.

Both of what you two are saying are completely incorrect and irrelevent to this scenario.

Reversing a withdraw is not the same as Paypal taking money out of your bank as an preauthorized payment. The former is somewhat like a stop payment ordered on behalf of Paypal's bank to take their money back, whereas the latter is asking for funds to be transfered from your account into Paypal's account on your own behalf. Reversed withdraws have absolutely nothing to do with what funding sources you have available on your account.

Dmshark25 07-05-2014 09:01 PM

Yea you are right the two are different

Futuremogul888 07-06-2014 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 564424)
Both of what you two are saying are completely incorrect and irrelevent to this scenario.

Reversing a withdraw is not the same as Paypal taking money out of your bank as an preauthorized payment. The former is somewhat like a stop payment ordered on behalf of Paypal's bank to take their money back, whereas the latter is asking for funds to be transfered from your account into Paypal's account on your own behalf. Reversed withdraws have absolutely nothing to do with what funding sources you have available on your account.

No you are just confused about what the OP is trying to to say:

What you think the OP means - The withdraw went from pending to reversed status via a bank initiated adjustment (IE paypal disputing the withdraw as fraudulent)

What the OP actually means - The paypal payment was reversed by having a credit and debit of equal amount with same paypal transaction ID but two different bank transactions both initiated by paypal. (the only way paypal could do this is if they still had access to debit the account)

How I know that is what he meant:

OP says he called the bank to put a stop payment on it. How could the OP put a stop payment on paypal's stop payment? The only thing he could put a stop payment on is the debit initiated by paypal.

So unless the OP meant that he was putting a stop payment on the completed withdraw, both the points of Dmshark and I are relevant.

pr0wake 07-06-2014 10:14 PM

I withdrew sometime the week before last, and my money POSTED on my account 6/30, where it sat for a good week.

then yesterday, 6/5, the funds were REVERSED back to paypal. I called my bank to make a stop payment on that transaction.

so I had my money cleared for a whole week.

goth 07-07-2014 01:57 AM

yeah tell your bank you did not allow this transaction they will freeze paypal from trying to get money from your bank account you win :)

Sandy D 07-07-2014 04:42 PM

So where are you at with this?

Did you get them to actually stop the reversal?

snoopdoug 07-08-2014 01:32 AM

From my experience.. money doesnt come back to the pp.. they just reverse it and lock your account or something crazy.. best bet is going to the bank and telling them you never authorized paypal to take out money

RichardCard82 07-10-2014 10:44 PM

Wow that's pretty creepy how they were able to take your money out a week after you had it sitting there.... I've never seen them do that to me. I've withdrawn and the account gets limited before the transfer completes, That's common, but them taking money out of your bank after a week?? Something's up . Call your bank and tell them you didn't authorize it. They will give you credit on your account while they investigate

pr0wake 07-13-2014 10:25 PM

follow up - stop payment worked. Transferred funds and closed account. PP isn't limited either. Super weird

yotano211 07-14-2014 12:13 AM

Next time, do what I do, transfer any incoming funds into a bank account that isnt attached to any paypal.

A similar thing happened to me last year but it was under $45.