eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Solution for when PP ask for SSN at right after sign-up. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/75734-solution-when-pp-ask-ssn-right-after-sign-up.html)

thready 07-27-2014 05:23 PM

Solution for when PP ask for SSN at right after sign-up.

I just ran into this problem today. I went to create a new account and after i finished submitting the info i didn't get directed to pp homepage. Instead they directed me to a page where it was asking me for my SSN and DOB. Also paypal disabled the Paypal Logo(top left of page) from being clickable.

So you either have to click back a few times or you can click one of the links at the bottom of the page(contact us, privacy policy, etc) then you can click Paypal's Logo to get to the home page.

Another issue is, you will keep getting this message every time you sign in. To remedy this, you need verify your account with bank and credit card.

Good luck!

animekings99 08-02-2014 08:05 AM

Re: Solution for when PP ask for SSN at right after sign-up.

hi did you make a personal acc or business acc. if you make a personal acc they don't ask you right away for ssn or that other crap

thready 08-02-2014 11:25 PM

I was a business account. I started off making all business accounts, but when I started making more accounts this popped up. I switched up to personal account after failing 5 times trying to pin point the cause why is this all of sudden happening to me. I haven't figured it out yet, but I did get to scratch 5 failed possibilities off the list. Could just possibly be an update to their registration process or a temporary test on the business individual accounts.

Dmshark25 08-02-2014 11:54 PM

Read the whole thing next time, I had this happen but if you read it , it's an advertisement for Be Me Later

And it's saying " Use your Paypal account right away and sign up for bill me later"

This happened on one account I made last night but I just bypassed it and added a VCC and that won't come up like it again

I heard a few members talk about this but yesterday was the first time I seen it. And it's probably the same with your case as well

Dmshark25 08-03-2014 03:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 810

By any chance is this what everyone has been seeing once in a while, I just created another account and this came up right after registration, and if u read, it's a bill me later advertisement

GreenBean 08-03-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 573871)
Read the whole thing next time, I had this happen but if you read it , it's an advertisement for Be Me Later

And it's saying " Use your Paypal account right away and sign up for bill me later"

This happened on one account I made last night but I just bypassed it and added a VCC and that won't come up like it again

I heard a few members talk about this but yesterday was the first time I seen it. And it's probably the same with your case as well

On the mark as usual!!!!
Always pay attention to what is on a paypal page
:thumb:

rsot 08-03-2014 07:02 AM

PP does like to use sneaky techniques to get personal info

GreenBean 08-03-2014 07:52 AM

If a user reads the page carefully, they can avoid entrapment.

:FF:

rsot 08-03-2014 08:11 AM

But some ppl just like to set up and go...hard without reading :FF:

GreenBean 08-03-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 573979)
But some ppl just like to set up and go...hard without reading :FF:

That is careless. It's a habit of the lazy.

They carry out actions without ever checking them.

If you are filling in a form, it should be second nature to READ what you are doing.

Never approve/allow a name to go to the form unless all is checked carefully.

Not rocket science.
:FF: :boink:

animekings99 08-03-2014 11:59 AM

as of to day i made a new paypal acc. it did not ask me for the ssn or other stuff. any time i make mine i make a personal acc not a business acc you can all ways upgrade latter on

thready 08-03-2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 573871)

I do pay attention to whats in front my screen. I take my time and analyze everything that is placed in front me. If you check my old posts you can see that I read ebay and pp policies and terms well than 10 times.

But anyway, mines is a little different. Nothing in regards with bill me later. On one account I added VCC and yet the message still appears everything I login again. Then i added VBA then confirmed it, the message went away.

I figured out how to get around this page so that I can get to the screen where I can enter in my VCC and VBA info which lead to me creating this post in the first place for those who still want to go this route. Most others when they see paypal ask for SSN will just freak out and close the browser or something along these lines and come on here asking a bunch of questions.

Here is what my screen looks like:

http://i57.tinypic.com/5mjn20.png

Prior to before reaching that screen above i was at this screen below. Once I clicked the Continue button it loaded the screen above.

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hp22vl.png

thready 08-03-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 573962)
PP does like to use sneaky techniques to get personal info

This is exactly whats happening here RSOT. I tried many different variations and yet this screen still comes up. Not that big of a deal after you enter in your vcc and vba, but definitely much more convenient to just create personal accounts at this point in time.

thready 08-03-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 573985)
That is careless. It's a habit of the lazy.

They carry out actions without ever checking them.

If you are filling in a form, it should be second nature to READ what you are doing.

Never approve/allow a name to go to the form unless all is checked carefully.

Not rocket science.
:FF: :boink:

I agree here GB. I use to sell home loans and do refinancing for clients where they would have to sign over 30 pages of terms and agreements. "To finalize this loan, I just need your sign your life away on this line here and the money will be yours." They just laugh/giggled and signed away.

thready 08-03-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 573919)
Attachment 810

By any chance is this what everyone has been seeing once in a while, I just created another account and this came up right after registration, and if u read, it's a bill me later advertisement

Thats not what i'm getting DM, check my post above.

Breakthecycle2 08-04-2014 11:27 AM

BTW, you can enter anything for the last 4 of your SS# and date of birth. It goes through no matter what.

GoteBay 08-04-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 574322)
BTW, you can enter anything for the last 4 of your SS# and date of birth. It goes through no matter what.

How long will it last before your account is shutdown?

Breakthecycle2 08-04-2014 11:36 AM

I've got one going on 8 months

GoteBay 08-04-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 574326)
I've got one going on 8 months

I hope it does not cross the 200/$20,000. Things can get ugly with IRS reporting.

Breakthecycle2 08-04-2014 11:43 AM

SO then, what are you supposed to do when making stealth?

Dmshark25 08-04-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 574329)
SO then, what are you supposed to do when making stealth?

You should not be getting this request when making your account if it's done properly

They will only request a tax ID when ur on pace to approach 200/20K

Breakthecycle2 08-04-2014 12:18 PM

I get this everytime I make an account.

I use a new IP
New user account
new email address
new bank account
new phone number