eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Made a walmart.com order with stealth paypal, never received order (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/77588-made-walmart-com-order-stealth-paypal-never-received-order.html)

nodeal 09-19-2014 06:12 PM

Made a walmart.com order with stealth paypal, never received order

Hi all, I placed an order for two gift cards with a stealth paypal for $400 from walmart.com. The order never came in the mail. I've had orders of this nature get canceled on me before, but always with a notice and an automatic refund issued back into my paypal account. However, this time there was no cancellation notice and no refund. The gift cards just never arrived at the shipping address.

I've called walmart and been back and forth on the phone with them a few times. No surprise their customer service sucks. It has finally come down to them telling me to file a dispute through paypal for the order.

So what I wanted is an opinion from you guys on this. Is there any downside to opening a dispute through paypal? I don't see why there would be, or what I have to lose, I just wanted to be sure. Also, is there any other routes I should pursue or steps I should take before filing a dispute? I was thinking of trying to call walmart corporate.

I mean $400 isn't the end of the world, but I sure as hell would love to get that money back. Thanks for any help.

MM78 09-19-2014 06:57 PM

Re: Made a walmart.com order with stealth paypal, never received order

Is this your cash out method?

nodeal 09-19-2014 06:58 PM

it used be one of the ways, but not anymore MM, moved over to better methods.

MM78 09-19-2014 07:00 PM

Hmm ok, maybe it really did get lost in the mail.....$400 is nothing to sneeze at either. I guess a dispute is the best way to go, I've never had to file a dispute for such a thing.

nodeal 09-19-2014 07:08 PM

on this particular stealth account I have placed two other orders in the past 6-7 months for gift cards through walmart as a means of cashing out. Both times for the same amount. So it is possible it got flagged. But seems kind of weird to just not cancel the order and refund the money back to my pp account.

I think I am going to go the dispute route. The walmart rep assured me I would get my money back if I do this, though I'm skeptical as things are never that simple

BiN4RY 09-19-2014 07:22 PM

Do not use stealth Paypal to buy goods on major retailers, both the retailer and Paypal are aware people are trying to cash out their accounts this way. Your best bet is to contact Walmart first and then dispute it if they're unable to do anything for you.

nodeal 09-19-2014 07:36 PM

yep, I'm done cashing out this way. better options out there. walmart couldn't do anything to help me, they told me to make a dispute. looks like that's what I'm gonna have to do...

MM78 09-19-2014 07:42 PM

Keep us up to date nodeal, hopefully you get your cash back.

joesshooze 09-20-2014 03:25 AM

You don't say how long since you placed the order? I cashed out a while ago on a pp acct. and it took 10 days to get the cards when I usually get in 3-4 days.

rsot 09-20-2014 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nodeal (Post 589632)
yep, I'm done cashing out this way. better options out there. walmart couldn't do anything to help me, they told me to make a dispute. looks like that's what I'm gonna have to do...

Dispute is the way to go at this point - it's a stealth account but doesn't mean you should lose money - hope it works out

nodeal 09-27-2014 10:32 AM

hey thanks for advice guys, I just got confirmation from paypal that I won the dispute and they refunded me the full amount. I'm very happy about this :)

Speeder33 09-28-2014 03:33 PM

Placing large orders with walmart through paypal has become increasingly difficult. I had the same problem about 2 years ago (purchased with paypal, walmart never shipped). Glad you found better cashout methods :)