Sending money to myself. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-06-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Sending money to myself.

Hey guys i am currently having a problem with paypal at the moment. So currently i was trying to send myself money from my stealth to my paypal account but i was going to leave 20% in my stealth so it wont seem suspicious. And i've sent 80% to myself and now it currently asks to verify my phone number by text or by phone. What should i do at this point? Could i add an old phone number i used on paypal? Or will that problem go away if i leave it alone for a couple of days?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 10-06-2014
ilcarletto's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,680
Thanks: 830
Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,026 Posts
Activity: 49%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Your method is dangerous.
You are strongly linking the two accounts and risks to lose both.

Paypal never forget... you can't use previously used phone numbers and problems will not go away just waiting for a few days... not even for a century...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-06-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 313
Thanked 810 Times in 577 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (97)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Avoid doing this it will end in tears
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2014
vxmotorsport's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 257
Thanks: 73
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Agreed, only do this if you are ok with the accounts being linked and killed.

Speaking from past experience too, this is a dangorous way to stealth. Why cant you bank transfer? Also why link via an old phone number when there are free/cheap options.
__________________
Life is a game... Play the game to win.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-06-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmotorsport View Post
Agreed, only do this if you are ok with the accounts being linked and killed.

Speaking from past experience too, this is a dangorous way to stealth. Why cant you bank transfer? Also why link via an old phone number when there are free/cheap options.
what do you mean by bank transfer? if you mean linking my bank i've already linked my savings and checkings on other paypal accounts so no can do as of now.... also what are the cheaper options?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-06-2014
just_smile's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,232
Thanks: 766
Thanked 949 Times in 703 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 56%
iTrader: (112)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Add a new number that is working if the one on file is out of actiin. Don't use previously banned information or anything that overlaps with other accounts.

Keep everything link free from now on.

If you want to withdraw money, add a bank account. Its a perilous practice sending money constantly to a 'mother' paypal.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to just_smile For This Useful Post:
aking (10-06-2014), GreenBean (10-06-2014)
  #7  
Old 10-06-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Its a perilous practice sending money constantly to a 'mother' paypal.
I so like that.

After all paypal is a real mother ......


Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
just_smile (10-06-2014), novemberrain1970 (10-06-2014), RosieTosie (10-06-2014)
  #8  
Old 10-06-2014
vxmotorsport's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 257
Thanks: 73
Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 68%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I so like that.

After all paypal is a real mother ......


God, imagine having paypal as your mother
__________________
Life is a game... Play the game to win.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-06-2014
ilcarletto's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,680
Thanks: 830
Thanked 1,396 Times in 1,026 Posts
Activity: 49%
Longevity: 47%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxmotorsport View Post
God, imagine having paypal as your mother
...that's when weekly pocket money becomes "interesting"


Last edited by ilcarletto; 10-06-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (10-06-2014)
  #10  
Old 10-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 40%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Simply do not send money to yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-07-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerecit View Post
Simply do not send money to yourself.
What are your reasons to not do this?

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 288
Thanks: 63
Thanked 49 Times in 29 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

So I got a question,
I personally do not like have 30 or 40 bank accounts so what I did was open a website selling some random items. On the site make it known its to private wholesale buyers only and then I will purchase from myself via the website. And pay myself thru paypal. The website has a main paypal with a bank account on it that I withdraw funds to.
I understand what you guys are saying about have a "mother" paypal account and possible linking and it not ending well.
However what do you think of going about it this way?
With a website selling "items" and not just invoices or sending money to paypal accounts.
Just wanted some of your thoughts
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-07-2014
MM78's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 14,134
Thanks: 1,107
Thanked 4,821 Times in 3,332 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 71%
iTrader: (4)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
So I got a question,
I personally do not like have 30 or 40 bank accounts so what I did was open a website selling some random items. On the site make it known its to private wholesale buyers only and then I will purchase from myself via the website. And pay myself thru paypal. The website has a main paypal with a bank account on it that I withdraw funds to.
I understand what you guys are saying about have a "mother" paypal account and possible linking and it not ending well.
However what do you think of going about it this way?
With a website selling "items" and not just invoices or sending money to paypal accounts.
Just wanted some of your thoughts
As long as you understand the risk, and your willing to pay the PayPal fee's then keep it going.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-07-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 568
Thanks: 6
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

I had the same issue. I didn't want to risk because I don't have a landline. Who keeps a landline these days anyways? Even with a few real landlines I had it still didn't pass me. Paypal phone verification is flawed. They want it to match the database and they are losing tons of money because of this. Idiots at paypal. Imagine ebay asking for a real landline? WTH. Just buy a real phone cheap one and add the number and see if text works. If it doesn't then wait it out try everyday until it works. It's mainly a security wait of 24-72 hours after having received money or sent.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-08-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59,180
Thanks: 4,671
Thanked 7,192 Times in 6,556 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

I keep landline for use of dial-up (example). But you are right about cheap phone for pp use
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-08-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 42,042
Thanks: 5,509
Thanked 9,024 Times in 7,037 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Sending money to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralman View Post
I had the same issue. I didn't want to risk because I don't have a landline. Who keeps a landline these days anyways? Even with a few real landlines I had it still didn't pass me. Paypal phone verification is flawed. They want it to match the database and they are losing tons of money because of this. Idiots at paypal. Imagine ebay asking for a real landline? WTH. Just buy a real phone cheap one and add the number and see if text works. If it doesn't then wait it out try everyday until it works. It's mainly a security wait of 24-72 hours after having received money or sent.
Yet others have no hassles.

Sighs.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
GhostWhoWalks (10-08-2014)
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
72 Hours For Sending Money?? Bulldog UK eBay & Paypal 4 04-24-2013 04:12 PM
Sending Money userde Paypal Limited 13 04-17-2013 01:20 PM
Sending money in PayPal. vp.racer Subscriber Discussions 19 01-10-2013 05:08 PM
Sending money to a supplier via PP.. Callidus UK eBay & Paypal 16 03-15-2012 02:59 PM
Sending money to off pay pal UnderBites08 Subscriber Discussions 6 11-16-2011 11:18 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts