eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Limited as soon as added Bank Account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/78180-paypal-limited-soon-added-bank-account.html)

hothotie 10-07-2014 06:28 AM

Paypal Limited as soon as added Bank Account

I am curious if anyone has run into this problem.

I opened an Ally checking account 7 days prior to opening Paypal. Opened Paypal, waited 3 days to add this bank account. Didn't add credit card yet (always safer to add it last). Bam...Paypal is limited. Anybody ran into this problem? Is this a new security measure?

nerecit 10-07-2014 07:49 AM

Re: Paypal Limited as soon as added Bank Account

Probably the bank has been in the blacklist or something. Or do they have a reason for the limitation?

plumsake2 10-07-2014 10:42 AM

It has been on and off like that for a few months now. Stay far away from Ally. If you need a VBA then you can buy one from our sellers on the marketplace here, or if you need a real bank account, there are so many better American banks than Ally.

As for the account that is already limited, sometimes you can recover it. Usually Paypal will ask to confirm your bank account (which you were going to do anyway of course), and confirm your location via phone. You might get an error when trying to do this with the phone on file so good luck. I found success in hitting cancel on the first screen that pops up when trying to confirm your location, then I was able to receive a text from Paypal on the next screen and my account was restored instantly after confirming the bank account.

hothotie 10-16-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 595612)
It has been on and off like that for a few months now. Stay far away from Ally. If you need a VBA then you can buy one from our sellers on the marketplace here, or if you need a real bank account, there are so many better American banks than Ally.

As for the account that is already limited, sometimes you can recover it. Usually Paypal will ask to confirm your bank account (which you were going to do anyway of course), and confirm your location via phone. You might get an error when trying to do this with the phone on file so good luck. I found success in hitting cancel on the first screen that pops up when trying to confirm your location, then I was able to receive a text from Paypal on the next screen and my account was restored instantly after confirming the bank account.

Thanks for the tip. I ran into the same problem trying my luck on a 2nd one today. I can't even confirm bank account. I will try confirming phone number

Youngb 10-16-2014 07:49 PM

Stay away from Ally.

aspkin 10-16-2014 08:25 PM

Right, it has been reported many times that Ally bank is not stealth friendly and often calls users if mismatch deposits are made.. that said most other US banks are okay with mismatch names.