eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Caution! Watch out for convincing spoof email. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/78327-caution-watch-out-convincing-spoof-email.html)

Twocoolt 10-10-2014 11:28 PM

Caution! Watch out for convincing spoof email.

Thought I should give a heads up to everyone on the forum. The PayPal hack seems to have given the spoofers enough info about accounts that they can make an email look like it is really from PayPal. I got an email that when you first glance at it says "service@paypal.com" but if you show detail of the from field I saw " zg0psdeswhifhz9wi4d7@zg0psdeswhifhz9... mpi5kfr1.com" . They even put the name on the account when they start the email unlike traditional spoof emails that say "Dear PayPal user". They ask you to confirm identity. Caution, don't click any links from the email. I logged in to my stealth account and no where did they ask to confirm ID. Just wanted to give others a heads up.

123 10-11-2014 02:13 AM

Re: Caution! Watch out for convincing spoof email.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twocoolt (Post 596881)
Thought I should give a heads up to everyone on the forum. The PayPal hack seems to have given the spoofers enough info about accounts that they can make an email look like it is really from PayPal. I got an email that when you first glance at it says "service@paypal.com" but if you show detail of the from field I saw " zg0psdeswhifhz9wi4d7@zg0psdeswhifhz9... mpi5kfr1.com" . They even put the name on the account when they start the email unlike traditional spoof emails that say "Dear PayPal user". They ask you to confirm identity. Caution, don't click any links from the email. I logged in to my stealth account and no where did they ask to confirm ID. Just wanted to give others a heads up.

Good stuff thats why i always use lastpass it wont fill out my login unless its the real site

GreenBean 10-11-2014 05:14 AM

Snap! 123... good choice

A review for those who might not be in the know

LastPass Password Manager - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Overall all reviews are favorable.

With the instability of paypal, worhty of consideration.

:thumb:

Dmshark25 10-11-2014 05:43 AM

The US needs to make some arrests and Than hire these people to work for us because I never seen so many breaches like in the last year and a half

Every time I log in, whether eBay , paypal , any of my credit cards , there is always a message saying if you recently shopped at this store or that , it's really crazy how far behind we are we still swipe credit cards while the rest of the world has chops in cards

Every other day , there is a message " we have been breached but only names and addresses have been taken we do not believe passwords or account info has been compromised."

It's like yea I believe that I think ebay said the same , it's always the info that is least sensitive according to them that has been stolen but all the important info was never compromised

Barclays just sent me a new credit card out of the blue with a letter saying something about as a security precaution blah blah blah, and I used it twice on paypal

Our credit companies and personal Data is under attack and they really need to do something quick because millions of identities have been stolen

And than if your a victim of ID theft, it's the hardest thing to get yourself out of, because the way it's done you end up responsible and in debt.

rsot 10-11-2014 08:01 AM

As a general rule, I rarely click on e-mail links...I prefer logging into my account in a stealth manner and SEEING what's going on...any issues or tracking or identity request. Better way than clicking a potential dangerous link.

Twocoolt 10-11-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123 (Post 596894)
Good stuff thats why i always use lastpass it wont fill out my login unless its the real site

I haven't heard of Last pass, I will check it out.
Based on my experience I know not to ever click on links inside an email. Which was why I logged in from my stealth computer only. I hope no one will fall for the spoof. I'm lucky to have the smarts to check before clicking on the email.