eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Already input EIN now they want last 4 of SS? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/78563-already-input-ein-now-they-want-last-4-ss.html)

krabbits 10-17-2014 04:56 PM

Already input EIN now they want last 4 of SS?

Hi there,

I went through the EIN process, bought a new laptop and modem and am using a friends address.

Everything was going smoothly until they prompted me to add the last 4 of my SS as well as a DOB.

I can technically ignore this and just go through paypal but does this mean that the account is toast?

Thank you,

GreenBean 10-17-2014 05:06 PM

Re: Already input EIN now they want last 4 of SS?

What was happening to get this message?

Please upload a copy of the message with all personal info blanked out.

:ranger:

slokor 10-17-2014 05:06 PM

Not necessarily.
In the new process to open a new paypal account they try to get people to input their SSN as one of the steps - a step which can be skipped.
Unless you got an actual message telling you your account has been limited don't assume youre limited just yet.
Is this a new paypal account? did you get the message as a part of the signup process? Did you already enter your EIN? More info please.

krabbits 10-17-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slokor (Post 599343)
Not necessarily.
In the new process to open a new paypal account they try to get people to input their SSN as one of the steps - a step which can be skipped.
Unless you got an actual message telling you your account has been limited don't assume youre limited just yet.
Is this a new paypal account? did you get the message as a part of the signup process? Did you already enter your EIN? More info please.

Yes sir/ma'am, I skipped the step and it seems like everything else is okay.

Brand new paypal account and yes part of the sign up process (at the very end). I had already input my LLC's EIN number.

The problem is that every time I sign in, this thing gets prompted but I just ignore it.

slokor 10-17-2014 05:11 PM

You shouldn't have entered your EIN - not yet.
Always wait with that step until you absolutely have to do so - just to make sure the account is working well and without any issues.

krabbits 10-17-2014 05:15 PM

Thank you, I'll keep note of you what you said and apply those to the next account.

GreenBean 10-17-2014 05:16 PM

For the next account, get your own P O Box. Try to avoid using friends' info of any sort.

Good Luck

krabbits 10-17-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 599350)
For the next account, get your own P O Box. Try to avoid using friends' info of any sort.

Good Luck

Thank you for that. Actually a PO Box (UPS box) really screwed me over on the first stealth account which gave me a 0/0 limit. Maybe just rotten luck with the previous user :rant:

yankee 10-17-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krabbits (Post 599364)
Thank you for that. Actually a PO Box (UPS box) really screwed me over on the first stealth account which gave me a 0/0 limit. Maybe just rotten luck with the previous user :rant:

Just for the EIN varification with the IRS.

Never add an EIN unless absolutely required.

ovidiu 10-17-2014 07:25 PM

Never add an EIN unless absolutely required.

EIN is expensive and you can't really have hundreds of them. And once you use it, that's it for that EIN. So like others are saying, don't pop it in until you absolutely have to, since you could use a fresh EIN for another stealth instead of burning it on a hopeless pp account.