eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   BMO - You cannot add a bank account at this time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/78577-bmo-you-cannot-add-bank-account-time.html)

frontierframe 10-18-2014 12:42 PM

BMO - You cannot add a bank account at this time

I went to BMO and opened up a new chequing account, and tried to add it to my PayPal account. It went to a page to verify my phone number, but I just went bac to PayPal and tried it again. Now however, it says that I cannot add a new bank account at this time. I checked the account details, and they are correct. I changed browsers, logged out, waited a while, I even opened up a new account and tried again and I still get the same error message. What can I do about this?

Mrjame 10-19-2014 12:44 AM

Re: BMO - You cannot add a bank account at this time

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierframe (Post 599551)
I went to BMO and opened up a new chequing account, and tried to add it to my PayPal account. It went to a page to verify my phone number, but I just went bac to PayPal and tried it again. Now however, it says that I cannot add a new bank account at this time. I checked the account details, and they are correct. I changed browsers, logged out, waited a while, I even opened up a new account and tried again and I still get the same error message. What can I do about this?

Try with another browser? ff or ie

frontierframe 10-19-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjame (Post 599683)
Try with another browser? ff or ie

Yes I have tried with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. They all give the same error message.

"You cannot add a bank at this time"

Weird how it doesn't say bank account.

Would I need to call PayPal?

Bunneh 10-19-2014 11:25 AM

How many days old is the bank account?

frontierframe 10-19-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 599807)
How many days old is the bank account?

Just opened yesterday.

I called up PayPal and they told me my bank account number was too similar to existing accounts from other users, so they told me to call my bank and ask for a "unique" bank account number. Is this true?

GoteBay 10-19-2014 12:17 PM

Looks like you have tried to use two bank accounts on this single Paypal. Remember, these two bank accounts will never be used on a different account.

I use BMO and it works flawless, you may have a different problem.

You should have waited at least two weeks before adding the account to Paypal.

If you are having issues doing it on the site, try to add on the phone.

frontierframe 10-19-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 599818)
Looks like you have tried to use two bank accounts on this single Paypal. Remember, these two bank accounts will never be used on a different account.

I use BMO and it works flawless, you may have a different problem.

You should have waited at least two weeks before adding the account to Paypal.

If you are having issues doing it on the site, try to add on the phone.

I have tried on the phone, and the agent just said that the account number is too similar to other people's accounts. I called my bank to get a more "unique" account number, and the best that they could do was just open up another bank account, which still doesn't work... :pout:

frontierframe 01-10-2015 11:12 PM

I am still having this issue, 3 months later...

Called in numerous times and the reps have no idea why. Even when they try to add it, it doesn't seem to work. Also tried with a VBA bought here, still the same error.

Merevial 01-11-2015 06:10 AM

As a fellow canadian, I used BMO before and they DO NOT allow mismatched names , I know other people may not have the same issue but BMO is horrible.

frontierframe 01-11-2015 11:09 AM

Would it be possible to just create a new PayPal account for the same eBay account? I guess this PayPal will keep showing this error forever, I've tried with a VBA so I guess it's not because of mismatched names.

Bunneh 01-11-2015 11:31 AM

When opening a new bank account you cannot add the account straight away, you need to wait a few days for it to set up correctly, or it glitches on paypal.

The account number may exist but it does not mean it has finished being set up at the bank.

And from experience once it has got this glitch, you wont be able to add that same bank account to paypal, you will need a new one set up.

frontierframe 01-11-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 630229)
When opening a new bank account you cannot add the account straight away, you need to wait a few days for it to set up correctly, or it glitches on paypal.

The account number may exist but it does not mean it has finished being set up at the bank.

And from experience once it has got this glitch, you wont be able to add that same bank account to paypal, you will need a new one set up.

I have tried waiting a week after opening a savings account at BMO, I tried numerous times and now I have all these bank accounts.

The same error still shows. So would having two PayPal accounts and one eBay account cause a red flag?

I also forgot to mention that I tried adding my 5 month old TD bank account, still didn't work.

Bunneh 01-11-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierframe (Post 630231)
I have tried waiting a week after opening a savings account at BMO, I tried numerous times and now I have all these bank accounts.

The same error still shows. So would having two PayPal accounts and one eBay account cause a red flag?

Shouldn't get flagged, but if the one ever gets limited, they will both get limited.
So it is best to start again.

frontierframe 01-11-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 630232)
Shouldn't get flagged, but if the one ever gets limited, they will both get limited.
So it is best to start again.

So would it be fine to have two personal PayPal accounts? I assume they must have the same name and address, etc.

Bunneh 01-11-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frontierframe (Post 630234)
So would it be fine to have two personal PayPal accounts? I assume they must have the same name and address, etc.

If you were using it for the exact same ebay account then yes it all must match up.

frontierframe 01-11-2015 11:51 AM

Created a new PayPal account and added a new bank account, and now it works!

They've sent the test deposits, looks like it was just my PayPal account. Three months...

Thanks for your help Bunneh and others.