eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Ally.com + Discover.com (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/79577-ally-com-discover-com.html)

agag2 11-16-2014 02:18 AM

Ally.com + Discover.com

Hi

I'm wondering if Ally.com bank and Discover.com bank allow users to receive deposits in alias (i.e, different names)? In other words, I want to link my stealth paypal account to my Ally / Discover checking account but my Paypal account is not in my real name (whereas my Ally / Discover accounts are). Will this work?

Thanks

JamesNorth101 11-16-2014 01:57 PM

Re: Ally.com + Discover.com

Best thing to do is to have a search on the forum to see what reports are about RE these banks :thumb:

slokor 11-16-2014 02:14 PM

Ally is known to NOT be good for mismatched names. Stay away from that one.

unkown5454 11-16-2014 03:07 PM

Discover is also an extremely strict and conservative bank. I don't see them getting relaxed any time soon.

agag2 11-20-2014 11:17 PM

So which banks do not mind mismatching and don't have min account balance?

Thanks

elmo 11-21-2014 01:18 AM

I know discover is strict, not sure about ally.

pennslmmer 11-21-2014 11:33 AM

BOA, TDBank, Capitalone..all works for me. Still haven't try linking my Ally yet, maybe i'll set up an account later and try it out.

danshan 11-21-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 611002)
BOA, TDBank, Capitalone..all works for me. Still haven't try linking my Ally yet, maybe i'll set up an account later and try it out.

Cap One really wow that is crazy I thought they were the worst out there

rsot 11-21-2014 01:58 PM

Welcome to the forums agag2 - best look at OTHER bank institutions

agag2 11-21-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 611002)

Are you sure capital one works? I thought they where suppose to be bad in this respect..? Can you confirm once again?

plumsake2 11-21-2014 04:23 PM

CapitalOne and Ally are banks that work for some people and not others. They also can shut you down at any time in regards to mismatched deposits. As long as you have a choice, I would go with many other banks before even thinking about one of those. I can't remember anyone ever having problems with mismatched deposits with the big banks - BOA, Chase, WF, Citi, etc. PNC and USAA are two others that I have experience with that works.

ishhstar 11-21-2014 10:09 PM

No problems here with Wells Fargo

pennslmmer 11-22-2014 10:44 AM

capital one is probably the best of the 4 that i'm using. it was a pain in the a-- to sign up. they will restrict your account if you can't verify your identity 100%. however, the best part with capitalone is once everything works, i can have more than one saving accounts and it only take 2 seconds to open the second one.

agag2 11-22-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 611090)
CapitalOne and Ally are banks that work for some people and not others. They also can shut you down at any time in regards to mismatched deposits. As long as you have a choice, I would go with many other banks before even thinking about one of those. I can't remember anyone ever having problems with mismatched deposits with the big banks - BOA, Chase, WF, Citi, etc. PNC and USAA are two others that I have experience with that works.

BOA, Chase, WF, Citi, etc. PNC and USAA - Great, thanks for list of banks that work.

Do these banks require a minimum account balance or else they charge fees? If yes can you kindly confirm which do have such requirements and which do not? I'm asking because I plan on creating a great number of accounts and I cannot retain a min balance in each account to avoid fees..

Thanks

plumsake2 11-22-2014 08:06 PM

USAA is the only know I know for certain that doesn't charge any sort of monthly maintenance or minimum balance fees, but you have to have been in the military or be related to someone who was.

All of the others have either monthly maintenance fees, minimum balance requirements, or both. If you're a student then you can have those fees waived. Otherwise you'll have to deal with balance requirements. Each bank outlines their specific fees on their website when opening an account.

agag2 11-23-2014 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 611259)
capital one is probably the best of the 4 that i'm using. it was a pain in the a-- to sign up. they will restrict your account if you can't verify your identity 100%. however, the best part with capitalone is once everything works, i can have more than one saving accounts and it only take 2 seconds to open the second one.

hmm.. just tried signing up and got rejected due to no credit history.. Any others besides Ally (that do not have min balance requirement?)? And you can apply online?

Thanks

rsot 11-23-2014 06:31 AM

BMO Harris :thumb:

yotano211 11-23-2014 05:39 PM

Navy Federal Credit Union only requires $5 to open a account but you need to be a veteran or work for a Defense contractor.

Salvo 11-24-2014 07:18 PM

Before you go opening accounts all willy nilly, check this
Bank Account Checking & Savings: Soft Pull or Hard Pull?

Since these accounts are tied to YOU, it would not look good to rack up lots of "hard pulls" on your credit report in a short period. Those stay on for 2 years. "Soft pulls" are like checking your credit score, and do not show up at all (or do as a numeric value, no implications).

danshan 11-24-2014 07:21 PM

Multiple hard credit pulls for the same task in a reasonable time frame does not effect your score as more than one hard pull