Questions about the 21 day hold on non ebay payments - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-28-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Questions about the 21 day hold on non ebay payments

Exactly. This is for accounts made within the past ~week -- even with confirmed identity (phone confirm) We are still getting these holds, even without eBay transactions.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
I have accounts I made October 17 using Textplus with no holds from transactions outside of eBay

I'll never make my first transaction off eBay and never the first month, I'll usually sell dollar store items the first 3 months on eBay have holds on all them, but the second month like 6 weeks,in I'll make my first paypal transaction and never had one hold
I recieve off-ebay Paypal payments on accounts i age for one month or more no problem. UK and European accounts.

In history I think I only received off-ebay holds one time(in 100+ accounts) cant remember the probable reason.

I Can't wait until Christmas is over and businrss back to normal
Old 11-28-2014
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

I think we can disregard history. 21 day holds on off-eBay payments are new, at least to me. I've never had one held before this week and I've had two this week held by PayPal on different accounts. I used to love a cheeky off-eBay payment.

I think PayPal and eBay's split, coupled with the Christmas purge as traditional as stuffing is creating a perfect storm.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post

I think PayPal and eBay's split, coupled with the Christmas purge as traditional as stuffing is creating a perfect storm.
The split has not yet happened.

It's a tad early to use that as the root of the evil.

Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 56%

Somewhat wishful thinking, but do you guys think this could just be because of the holidays? Like maybe they are tightening **** up to prevent fraud during the holidays, but will be good come the new year?

Just wishful(ish) thinking
Old 11-28-2014
peghmeypong

It would be foolish of eBay and PayPal to not have begun preparing months and years before announcing it.
Old 11-28-2014
peghmeypong

Not wishful thinking, certainly a possibility.
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 54%

i made an account this week, fully verified and all. Went to the page were you give them the code over the phone so the 21 day hold isn't implied but now its gone not even a option.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

It's pretty random most of my personal paypals thats I use for non ebay transactions dont have the 21 day hold. But then I randomly have 1-3 out of dozens that do have the hold.

If your mark it as for services can get the money in 7 days or instant if sender marks it as received.
Old 11-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmono View Post
Sometimes if your account isn't 100% verified, they also impose the 21 day hold. Typically if you had a phone # / verify it they remove it
this is true, recently had a euro account go down because i sold but forgot to verify the deposits first
Old 11-29-2014

Quote:
I have accounts I made October 17 using Textplus with no holds from transactions outside of eBay

I'll never make my first transaction off eBay and never the first month, I'll usually sell dollar store items the first 3 months on eBay have holds on all them, but the second month like 6 weeks,in I'll make my first paypal transaction and never had one hold
I think this is where I went wrong, i sell car parts on forums and of course the first sale is $400 followed by this

"Want to get your money faster?

For current payments, ship your item now and log in to PayPal. Then click See how to get your money faster at the top of the page.You can get your money within 7-14 days.

For future payments, you can remove the 21-day delay. Please complete the following:

Confirm your identity on PayPal. Log in to PayPal and click See how to get your money faster at the top of the page.

Once you've confirmed your identity, you'll also need to establish a successful selling history. Please do the following:

Complete 5 successful sales.
Receive at least 150.00 USD in payments for goods.
Provide great customer experiences! Follow good selling practices for 60 days."

First time this has happened to me in the past 6 months
Old 11-29-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

I started using a friends acct that he has had since 2005. He had maybe 4 sales but along time ago. I set up a new paypal for him and have been selling for 2 months and I still have the hold in paypal. All ebay transactions have went well and 100% feedback at 31. Approximately 14 are feedback from sales in the past 2 months.
Ebay has even sent a message raising the limit to 10,000 when it was at 5,000 when I started using it.... but still have paypal hold
Old 11-29-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquon View Post
First time this has happened to me in the past 6 months
Yea there has been a lot of weird things going on lately with PayPal, I guess it is because of the split from eBay .
They are making there payment processor more Universal and not just geared to eBay

PayPal was always eBays payment Processor, even though it's been always growing along the way it seemed to be always more concerned with transactions just from eBay in terms of security , lifting holds which used to mainly be all in connection with eBay

I think now we are going to see and are seeing a more independent paypal where every transaction is going to be treated the same whether on or off eBay because the point of the split was so they can break off and grow on their own Now, so now they probably will treat all transactions as equal

What's strange I received the we don't recognize your device just by logging into the account that was the first screen , and I log into this one account a few times daily all from the same everything , even same Ip , I have a Textplus number I used to,create the account 4 months ago, and was able to confirm the account with that number

Also in the last two days on another eBay account where the paypal holds were lifted every 20 transactions I get that email saying u have been paid, and it says that they wil be holding the funds, because they and it gives 4 different reasons, like change in items , change in this and that, and what's weird is i hade 300 transactions on the account all month and nothing has changed

I think,whatever they are doing with their programming is just getting them ready to branch off and expand so we need to re learn the way paypal is going to,operate all over again
Old 11-29-2014

Quote:
I think,whatever they are doing with their programming is just getting them ready to branch off and expand so we need to re learn the way paypal is going to,operate all over again
I'm going to fully verify another one and see what happens. I will most likely ring them up and seeing if they will take the hold off. I've had them take it off both times I called on different stealth accounts.
Old 11-29-2014

There running new programming and there's probably just a lot of glitches right now triggering a lot of holds and ID verification
Old 11-29-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raquon View Post
I'm going to fully verify another one and see what happens. I will most likely ring them up and seeing if they will take the hold off. I've had them take it off both times I called on different stealth accounts.
You got holds removed by calling? I can call and get the first hold removed but after the first they wont remove anymore. I tried the biz acct and no success gets holds just like personal.
Old 11-29-2014

Quote:
There running new programming and there's probably just a lot of glitches right now triggering a lot of holds and ID verification
Could be very true. Might not be time to adjust might be wait until the dust settles and than deal with issues
Old 11-29-2014

Yea cause paypal hasn't settled yet they are all over the place some days, but eventually (hopefully) they will get settled after the split and we will be able to see how they are going to operate , than we can get a grip on them and set,up,a,plan
Old 11-30-2014

I know we all agreed to paypals terms and conditions but I'm fully aware that PayPal has a transmitters license In the state of California. The law states that

"Every licensee or its agent shall forward all money received for transmission or give instructions committing equivalent money to the person designated by the customer within 10 days after receiving that money, unless otherwise ordered by his or her customer."

So does PayPal have their own rules or what's the deal ?
Old 11-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

PP is allowed to make rules on its website...
Old 11-30-2014

Paypal also has a huge lobby