Accepting PayPal on my website - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 11-27-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Accepting PayPal on my website

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I sell things on ebay using stealth accounts, and I also have a website that people can shop at after their initial ebay purchase. The problem is that the website has gotten me linked to an old PayPal account and they shut down my PayPal account for good. I then moved the website to a new domain, linked it to a new stealth account, created new IPN transaction numbers and all, but about a month into selling on the website it got linked again to the old dead account, and that PayPal permanently limited as well. I have a merchant account now and things work great, but every once in a while someone asks me why they cannot use paypal to pay. The question is, how can I use PP as a payment option without PP seeing the website that they are purchasing from or the items in the cart. I have seen stealth ops like this where people are selling anonymous paypal vcc cards, and somehow they are able to create this checkout that redirects to paypal to accept payments without paypal seeing what the website is or what they are selling. Does anyone know how this can be done? I am thinking its just an extra webpage that does the payment handling before it goes to paypal, but not to sure how they do it.. Any advice is welcome..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-27-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: Accepting PayPal on my website

PayPal eventually finds out what is going on. Usually they create a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ website, one that PayPal is OK with and create code to jump the transaction to that site. I have seen a couple of sites doing this, but they keep losing PayPal accounts, or at least they are rotating them. I don't think this is a good solution.

I would just come up with a good paragraph apologizing for the inconvenience, making up a believable reason. Then, I would use that as a canned response to those inquiries.

Or, you could start a new website, with a new domain name and everything and run both sites.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
PayPal eventually finds out what is going on. Usually they create a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ website, one that PayPal is OK with and create code to jump the transaction to that site. I have seen a couple of sites doing this, but they keep losing PayPal accounts, or at least they are rotating them. I don't think this is a good solution.

I would just come up with a good paragraph apologizing for the inconvenience, making up a believable reason. Then, I would use that as a canned response to those inquiries.
ok thanks for the info. I tried to explain it to the last customer that asked, and also threw in how using a credit card is actually safer than paypal, which it is safer for both the customer and the seller, but never got a reply back. I added a notation and apology in the privacy notice page. But if I have to lose 20% of sales, i think its better than letting everyone use paypal and then having the funds seized one morning when I get out of bed. If I ever find a safe solution to help those brainwashed by paypal's so called 'buyer protection', it would be nice.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums - worth exploring CCNow as an option for people to use their paypal...fee is 5% though :(
Old 11-28-2014

Longevity: 65%

Couldn't you create a unique page/domain for each payment page? You could separate them by whatever stealth account you're using.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmono View Post
Couldn't you create a unique page/domain for each payment page? You could separate them by whatever stealth account you're using.
That is actually a good idea. If paypal is chosen then redirect to a page on a different domain, passing the variables/cart and just a PP pay now button? it would have to be transparent to PP and not annoying to the customer.
Old 11-28-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

That might work. I would stay away from CCNOW. I used them back in the day when they were the ONLY WAY to accept credit cards and they were OK. I never lost money or anything. But their FEES are outrageous and their payout schedules suck.

Has anyone tried using 2checkout? I have no experience with them, but the fees are not as bad as CCNOW.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
That might work. I would stay away from CCNOW. I used them back in the day when they were the ONLY WAY to accept credit cards and they were OK. I never lost money or anything. But their FEES are outrageous and their payout schedules suck.

Has anyone tried using 2checkout? I have no experience with them, but the fees are not as bad as CCNOW.
2checkout was not very helpful to me, at least not with my website sales. very nosy people. I went with merchantplus, easy to set up and payout in 5-7 days.. easily integrated with existing shopping cart too.
Old 11-28-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums - worth exploring CCNow as an option for people to use their paypal...fee is 5% though :(
i will check out CCnow, it seems they can work with ebay so it may be worthwhile in the long run.
thanks for the welcome! i have some small successes with eB/PP to share in a bit..