eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Just got a weird email from Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/8088-just-got-weird-email-paypal.html)

sacka_man 11-11-2008 06:27 PM

Just got a weird email from Paypal

Hey guys I have a question. I just created a new account with eBay and Paypal with ambiguous information. I sold about 15 items so far, worth under $100 total. One of my buyers paid with an eCheck, and I got this weird email from Paypal.

Quote:

Dear [name],

Claim your cash

You received $21.00 USD from [buyer email] on Nov. 7, 2008. If you do not claim your money by Dec. 7, 2008, this transaction will be cancelled and the money will be returned to [buyer email]'s account.

You need to manually claim this money because:

You are one of our high-volume customers. We ask PayPal users who receive more than $10,000.00 USD per month to complete our Supplemental Merchant Information form.

To fill out the form, click the link below:
https://www.paypal.com/us/MERCHANT

The information you provide helps us protect the integrity of our network. Payments sent to your PayPal account will be held as "Pending" until you complete this form.

If you have questions about this payment, log in to your PayPal account and click on the History subtab. Click the details of the payment in question for more information, or to accept or deny this payment.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
When i go to the link https://www.paypal.com/us/MERCHANT, Paypal wants me to upgrade to a business account. Should I do this? What's the difference if I upgrade to a business account? If I do not fill that out, will the $21.00 eCheck payment be refunded on December 7th?

Thanks for your help!

pinkharo 11-11-2008 07:57 PM

First, add your location through the control panel, some questions requires region specific answers.

Second, do you have a personal or a premier acct?

And have you logged in to your paypal account to verify this? It's weird how the info is kinda irrelevant since you have had only a few transactions and echecks don't require upgrades to accts, only needs to be held.

Make sure this email isn't one of those phishing emails.

sacka_man 11-11-2008 09:09 PM

It's not a spoof or phishing email, that was my first thought actually. I have a premier account with a bank account and credit card verified, and I've been able to withdraw funds into the bank account. This is my first eCheck payment however. I just don't want the $21.00 returned to the buyer in a month, and according to the email, it will be.

When I logged into Paypal and checked the transaction details on the $21.00 payment, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Weird...

clueless 11-11-2008 11:36 PM

I received the same email last week...weird.

Juicyas 11-12-2008 12:57 AM

This is a bug. There are people talking about it all over the ebay forums.

I received 40 or more echecks right before I got banned and I got this email every time for the last 3 weeks.

You'll get the payment as usual.

Of course paypal are too ****ing stupid to fix it.

Savannah 11-14-2008 06:42 PM

Did you list this through Auctiva? Did you spell your email correctly to accept payment? In my nervousness listing under my *new* account I misspelled my new email and the payment went unclaimed. I signed in and it said the same thing upgrade to a business account. I emailed the buyer and told them Auctiva spellchecked my name and the money is in limbo. I then invoiced them through paypal without auction number. They cancelled the original payment and paid through the invoice. It was my own mistake but I learned something from it.....that I still use now when I don't want auction numbers listed with the payment.....!

pinkharo 11-14-2008 10:49 PM

That's why always use copy and paste, just makes things a lot simplier.

lukeyangcn 11-15-2008 01:11 AM

I got the same email from PP as well . Don't need to do anything. 3 days after, the echeck cleared. it's a glitch.