eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Mailing address for Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/8120-mailing-address-paypal.html)

HateEbay 11-13-2008 12:22 PM

Mailing address for Paypal

I have a Ebay and Paypal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ mailing address. When I bought an item on Ebay and paid with a money order, even though i clearly wrote my desired mailing address for receiving item together with the money order, some sellers didn't read and ship to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Ebay address.

Can I open a PO box and change the Ebay and Paypal address to the PO box address? Will it trigger a red flag?

Also, one of the sellers accepts credit card via Paypal but he uses Channel advisor Checkout, but it has the ebay item number on it. If I pay with my Credit card (not Paypal account) to his Paypal account and change the address to my real address, will Paypal know if later I use Paypal for receiving money from my Ebay sales? Please help

kolomty 11-13-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HateEbay (Post 65052)
I have a Ebay and Paypal account with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ mailing address. When I bought an item on Ebay and paid with a money order, even though i clearly wrote my desired mailing address for receiving item together with the money order, some sellers didn't read and ship to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Ebay address.

Can I open a PO box and change the Ebay and Paypal address to the PO box address? Will it trigger a red flag?

Also, one of the sellers accepts credit card via Paypal but he uses Channel advisor Checkout, but it has the ebay item number on it. If I pay with my Credit card (not Paypal account) to his Paypal account and change the address to my real address, will Paypal know if later I use Paypal for receiving money from my Ebay sales? Please help

Paypal shouldnt let you use a po box even though it has been known, anyway i would try one of those po box companies who give you a real address.

pinkharo 11-13-2008 11:17 PM

Just use UPS, their po box service gives you a real st address instead of having to add "PMB" in the address.

HateEbay 11-15-2008 11:26 AM

Do I need to show a driver license with my real name to UPS to open a UBS box or I can get anyname or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Paypal and Ebay name for my box?

moxies411 11-15-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HateEbay (Post 65280)
Do I need to show a driver license with my real name to UPS to open a UBS box or I can get anyname or ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Paypal and Ebay name for my box?

When I had opened my UPS box, I did have to show my driver's license, however I was able to add any name to the box.

My box has since expired and the cost of it has increased, so I did not renew it. BUT it seems like I really do need to have a real address, huh? I guess I should invest in another one - any input?

pinkharo 11-15-2008 04:54 PM

The cost can be quite a bit since usually requires minimum 3 months commitment. But you might be able to find other smaller places that has this kinda service for less. But if you want a real address you will have to pay up.

Snagga 11-17-2008 01:13 AM

i just opened a new account with a PO box. been selling and buying with no problems yet

brandon1984 11-17-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagga (Post 65539)
i just opened a new account with a PO box. been selling and buying with no problems yet

don't jinx yourself ;)

Snagga 11-17-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandon1984 (Post 65541)
don't jinx yourself ;)

keyword was yet:D

GreenBean 11-17-2008 01:37 AM

Snagga
How long have you been doing this? Over three months or 10 minutes? If it is not a good long period, qualify the post. Otherwise the info is not hard facts, sorry.

Snagga 11-17-2008 01:46 AM

about a month, 28 days to be exact

GreenBean 11-17-2008 01:57 AM

Thanks. Sounds fine.

HateEbay 11-19-2008 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snagga (Post 65539)

Snagga, did you open a Paypal account with the PO box?

Snagga 11-19-2008 10:58 PM

yes, paypal and ebay, then used a simons card

HateEbay 11-24-2008 03:06 PM

I want to open a PO box for a new selling ebay account. Also does post office allow a DBA name or any company name. Do they check driver's license? Can i choose this company name instead of an individual name when i fill out mailing address on Ebay for Ebay account set up?

pinkharo 11-25-2008 12:13 AM

I think they will all require a DL or some form or ID but you are allowed to add another name or a company name on to the po box. Some might charge extra for this but I know UPS don't. As long as you are able to receive that mail it doesn't matter which name it's in for your ebay account.

good luck

jonaam 07-20-2010 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkharo (Post 65323)
The cost can be quite a bit since usually requires minimum 3 months commitment. But you might be able to find other smaller places that has this kinda service for less. But if you want a real address you will have to pay up.

Look for a Mailbox Joeys and see what they charge.
I am still trying to figure out exactly what I need to do to get back on Ebay but I emailed the Mailbox Joeys by me and they charge $8.00 for a small mailbox and commit to 3 months also, not sure if they except large packages if you pay for a small box though. Actually just realized I should have asked.

DogFacedBoy 07-23-2010 10:23 AM

A bank near my house has a postal station (not a real USPS post office) they have PO boxes there. Since they are not an actual USPS post office, I wonder if their boxes have an address with the street, followed by bow number. I'd hate to go in there and ask them...sounds rather suspicious, or at least odd.
Might just try to think of something to check it out

needhelpplease 07-23-2010 12:18 PM

To open a PO Box you need your drivers license and 2 forms of other proof of residency.....such as a utility bill...car registration....that matches the name/address on the DL....and although you can NOT add people to your PO Box without showing their ID (and they have to be present)...usually whatever mail comes for that box goes in that box...so not necessary really. Good Luck!