eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Limited Paypal Closed, how i Got funds earlier than 45 days (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/81720-limited-paypal-closed-how-i-got-funds-earlier-than-45-days.html)

Chris18181 01-13-2015 12:52 PM

Limited Paypal Closed, how i Got funds earlier than 45 days

What i did was send an email to the executive office 6 days ago, I told them i was filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and with the The Tennessee Office of the Attorney General.

today i received a phone call saying they got my message and would respond by email.

here is the message i sent to 16 email addresses with Paypal:

Hi,

My Name is XXXXXXXXX,

I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have already taken my business to your largest competitor and I am no longer in need of PayPals services.

I have previously requested a review/appeal of my case which was denied. Although I still disagree with the decision to deny my appeal I will abide by it – however because I feel that holding my funds for 45 days for a non-fraudulent violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy is excessive, and perhaps a punitive abuse of power, I will be filing complaints with the following agencies on Wednesday morning, January 12, 2015 if I am not satisfied with PayPal's response to this request to release my funds:

The Tennessee Office of the Attorney General

File a Consumer Complaint

The Better Business Bureau:

https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/complaintlink.aspx

All complaints will be filed “online” Wednesday morning January 12, 2015 and written copies will also be sent via certified postal mail unless I am happy with the outcome of this situation. I thank you for fixing the issue.

Thanks

Today i received a phone call from the Paypal Executive Office saying they received my email and that they would reply via email with a response.

Here is the response i got:

Dear XXXXXXXXXX,

My name is XXXX and I work in PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations. Your concerns were recently forwarded to our office so that we may further assist you.

We have determined that we are able to release $479.06 USD from your held balance. It is important to note that PayPal will not transfer or send your funds to another PayPal Account. Any funds available in your balance can only be accessed in one of the following ways:

- Withdrawn to a bank account in your name
- A check withdrawal requested to the primary address on the account

To keep PayPal a safer place to do business online, sometimes we must part ways with some of our account-holders. A recent review of your PayPal account, currently registered to email address XXXXXXXXXXX, found that there may be excessive risk involved in doing business with you. We're sorry, but we have permanently suspended your account.

To minimize the disruption to your business, you can continue to log in to your account for the next 180 days. Please visit the Resolution Center to see what you can and cannot do while your account access is limited.

- If you have a negative balance, please add money to your account to bring your balance to at least zero. (If you choose not to resolve your negative balance, we may take legal steps to collect the money.)
- Visit the Resolution Center to resolve any outstanding buyer complaints or chargebacks.
- If you'd like to refund any of your buyers, you can reply to this email with the transaction details. We'll send a refund on your behalf using money from your PayPal balance.

If you would like to reach me directly, my telephone number is 402-952-8238 and I work Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm Central Time. In addition, please feel free to contact PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations at executiveoffice@paypal.com if you have any questions or concerns or if we can be of further assistance.

Very sincerely yours,

XXXX
Executive Escalations
PayPal, Inc.

Here is all the emails i sent messages to:

moldenburg@paypal.com,
sthompson@paypal.com,
mhentges@paypal.com,
crme@paypal.com,
appeal@paypal.com,
harbor1@paypal.com,
account-review@paypal.com,
ppelce@paypal.com,
complaint-response@paypal.com,
resolutions@paypal.com,
appeals@paypal.com,
compliance@paypal.com,
escalations@paypal.com,
webform@paypal.com,
service@paypal.com,
complaints@paypal.com

I am also going to try this with my other Stealth Paypal account's that have funds in them too.

Hope this helps anyone that needs there money withdrawn.

Thanks!

ishhstar 01-13-2015 04:10 PM

Re: Limited Paypal Closed, how i Got funds earlier than 45 days

I might have to give this a shot.

PP and eBay just killed another account of mine for an unknown reason and I have funds in it.

slokor 01-13-2015 04:46 PM

Interesting story.
Might be worth a shot - depending on the amount of funds held in the account.

Chris18181 01-13-2015 06:13 PM

Some of the emails will get returned,

pikachu10 01-13-2015 06:59 PM

Man! I gave everyone this email and they didn't believe it would work! Well, now you see.

PayPal did the same exact thing for me. Just send the email and get the money, next time don't say this email won't work because it does (for now) and you need to try it out yourself before you make assumptions.

peterspike 01-13-2015 07:40 PM

It seems to work for USA accounts but how can this mail be adjusted for UK accounts?

pikachu10 01-13-2015 07:56 PM

Since I don't know much about law in the UK, I wouldn't be able to adjust it for the UK. Also, I'm not sure PayPal UK would decide that they should give you the money like in the USA. So... if any bright UK resident wants to try, have at it, I would be interested to see it myself. :)

sdot10 01-14-2015 12:08 AM

This is something I have noticed with paypal. I have been really good at getting my funds early with variations of emails and calls like this. While paypal can be complete scumbags one thing we forget sometimes is paypal doesnt want negative publicity. If you're some guy screaming ill sue you they dont budge because they know its an empty threat and like 99.9% of people wont actually sue and that .1% that will they will give them their money before they go to court. What really scares them is someone who seems like they could be trouble. The guy who actually knows what hes talking about. Because that guy/girl will actually do the things he/she says.

Another good one is when they ask for your ss# because of the government. Just mention that you looked it up and that only applied to people selling over $20,000 which you arent.

rsot 01-14-2015 08:48 AM

Kind of a double post - should merge both together. Nice e-mail list though

colfor 01-14-2015 09:31 AM

Generally, a simple email to their executive escalations / formal complaints section, stating that

"I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have already taken my business to your largest competitor and I am no longer in need of PayPals services.

I have previously requested a review/appeal of my case which was denied. Although I still disagree with the decision to deny my appeal I will abide by it – however because I feel that holding my funds for xx days for a non-fraudulent violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy is excessive"

should be sufficient to attain an earlier release of funds.

This is from personal experience.

peterspike 01-14-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colfor (Post 631374)
Generally, a simple email to their executive escalations / formal complaints section, stating that

"I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have already taken my business to your largest competitor and I am no longer in need of PayPals services.

I have previously requested a review/appeal of my case which was denied. Although I still disagree with the decision to deny my appeal I will abide by it – however because I feel that holding my funds for xx days for a non-fraudulent violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy is excessive"

should be sufficient to attain an earlier release of funds.

This is from personal experience.

Have you got a draft that you have used before for the UK that has worked or are you saying use this one?

colfor 01-14-2015 12:25 PM

peterspike, have responded to your message

colfor 01-14-2015 12:34 PM

CRC@paypal.com

Complaint against Paypal (Europe) S.a.r.l et Cie, S.C.A.

YOUR DETAILS: (your specific case number and reason for account limitation)

I am respectfully requesting that the hold on my funds/account be lifted. I am not necessarily requesting that my account be re-opened or allowed to continue to use the PayPal service, as I have already taken my business to your largest competitor and I am no longer in need of PayPals services.

It should be noted that the actions of Paypal against my accounts was both factually incorrect, and that the withholding of funds for 180 days is unacceptable and disproportionate.

I require a response from Paypal within one month of the date of this email, failure to receive a response will result in a formal complaint being made to the CSSF in Luxembourg.

Yours sincerely

pennslmmer 01-14-2015 02:31 PM

My stealth account is currently limited for 180 days until I can provide some documents. Would it be a good idea to do this for my stealth account since I have around $200 in there? There was a case with someone on here who threatened PP and ended up losing more than 5k so I am still debating to wait 180 days or email them >.<.. my account has all positive feedback and no complaints.

colfor 01-14-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 631504)
My stealth account is currently limited for 180 days until I can provide some documents. Would it be a good idea to do this for my stealth account since I have around $200 in there? There was a case with someone on here who threatened PP and ended up losing more than 5k so I am still debating to wait 180 days or email them >.<.. my account has all positive feedback and no complaints.

Requesting Docs is a different scenario, and generally I would try to provide the Documents required. expressing anger and threatening PP is never a good idea, that doesnt work, its far better to be polite and use their formal complaints process. Other than that, wait the 180 days

peterspike 01-14-2015 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colfor (Post 631455)
CRC@paypal.com

Complaint against Paypal (Europe) S.a.r.l et Cie, S.C.A.

YOUR DETAILS: (your specific case number and reason for account limitation)

It should be noted that the actions of Paypal against my accounts was both factually incorrect, and that the withholding of funds for 180 days is unacceptable and disproportionate.

I require a response from Paypal within one month of the date of this email, failure to receive a response will result in a formal complaint being made to the CSSF in Luxembourg.

Yours sincerely

I am going to try this now on one of my 180 day limited accounts.

I will update with the results.

peterspike 01-18-2015 09:09 PM

I have just sent off the email to them, so now lets wait and see what happens.

This will be a great template for UK accounts if it works.

pokerpro 01-18-2015 10:55 PM

Very interesting thread.......lots of good info!

BiN4RY 01-19-2015 12:18 AM

Most of the times, Paypal will just laugh at you and tell you to go ahead and file the complain. Believe me, I tried. This only happens if your limitation reason is actually extremely minor, and the rep is having a good day.

peterspike 01-19-2015 08:00 PM

Well I just got a reply saying they are sending my complaint to head office and will hear from them within 3 weeks.

colfor 01-20-2015 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterspike (Post 633228)
Well I just got a reply saying they are sending my complaint to head office and will hear from them within 3 weeks.

This is normal, they should say they have passed your complaint to "Executive Escalations"

foxtrade 01-21-2015 05:55 PM

please let us know if you get your money earlier