eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Sorry, the recipient doesn’t accept payments using this payment method. Please choose (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/82045-sorry-recipient-doesn-t-accept-payments-using-payment-method-please-choose.html)

Breakthecycle2 01-22-2015 05:56 PM

Sorry, the recipient doesn’t accept payments using this payment method. Please choose

Any idea how to change this? Someone is getting this error when they are trying to send me money using a gift/prepaid card.

RosieTosie 01-22-2015 07:14 PM

Re: Sorry, the recipient doesn’t accept payments using this payment method. Please ch

They don't have paypal? or access to a paypal account through a relative or friend? That is the most recognised form of payment, although eBay when accessed through guest checkout accepts debit or credit cards and probably would have an option to accept gift/prepaid cards

Breakthecycle2 01-22-2015 07:21 PM

Re: Sorry, the recipient doesn’t accept payments using this payment method. Please ch

No they do are sending me payment from their account to mine using a prepaid card. They are getting the error on their end from my account. What I am asking is, there must be a setting on my account somewhere to accept prepaid cards and credit cards, no?

RosieTosie 01-22-2015 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 634265)
No they do are sending me payment from their account to mine using a prepaid card. They are getting the error on their end from my account. What I am asking is, there must be a setting on my account somewhere to accept prepaid cards and credit cards, no?

Credit cards will be yes, prepaid cards maybe a little different, as it is harder, in fact almost impossible, for the balance on them to be confirmed, so there may be no funds left on them, but there is no way for that be proved or disproved, they are a grey area so are not accepted generally, now I have thought about it a bit more!

Breakthecycle2 01-22-2015 07:33 PM

Well, ok truth be told. I am sending funds from my personal paypal to my stealth. Yes, I understand this is not recommended but I need to add some funds. I know for a fact whats on this prepaid card.

RosieTosie 01-22-2015 07:58 PM

Naughty naughty!! As you say not recommended stealth behaviour! Can, and does, raise flags, this is enough for your account to get limited and that causes eBay to look at it in much more detail, realise it's stealth, them suspend you permanently!

Breakthecycle2 01-22-2015 08:14 PM

Theres not much of a way to be linked with these two.

plumsake2 01-23-2015 01:02 AM

This doesn't add funds to the account itself, but why not add a gift card/VCC (Vanilla Visa or Entropay) to your stealth account, and then use that as funding source to buy or pay for whatever it is you need?

Then you don't have to worry about being linked.