eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Phone verification question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/82256-phone-verification-question.html)

Breakthecycle2 01-28-2015 12:05 PM

Phone verification question

I know there have been numerous posts about this, some made by me. I am having a difficult time with this one. I bought a stealth account years ago. When paypal updated their security, I guess this "older" account wasn't immune. Payments are hold until I click confirm identity and get an automated call. At that time, my payments will no longer be on hold. I tried methods that have worked in the past for me, but this one will not. Google voice, virgin mobile prepaids etc...The original number on this account is the only one that works, however I do not have access to it from the original seller. Are there ANY other methods I might be able to try?

RosieTosie 01-28-2015 12:26 PM

Re: Phone verification question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 (Post 636271)
I know there have been numerous posts about this, some made by me. I am having a difficult time with this one. I bought a stealth account years ago. When paypal updated their security, I guess this "older" account wasn't immune. Payments are hold until I click confirm identity and get an automated call. At that time, my payments will no longer be on hold. I tried methods that have worked in the past for me, but this one will not. Google voice, virgin mobile prepaids etc...The original number on this account is the only one that works, however I do not have access to it from the original seller. Are there ANY other methods I might be able to try?

So really what's you need here is to be able to add a new phone number to this account, have you changed the number on it before? or have you literally spent years using the exact same phone number, you mention here that you have had this account on the go for years, or at least you bought it from here years ago, we need more info about where you are with the account really, it is possible to add a new phone number to accounts usually, depends on the circumstances.

Breakthecycle2 01-28-2015 12:36 PM

I added both a prepaid number and a google voice number without deleting the original number. With both the new numbers I added (maybe two weeks ago) I get the typical "this number doesnt appear to be registered to you" error message. The original number was the same number that came with the account (maybe 4 years ago).

Breakthecycle2 01-28-2015 05:04 PM

Anyone have any type of alternative?

Christopher 01-29-2015 10:36 PM

That's just how it is now

pennslmmer 01-29-2015 10:58 PM

your ONLY option is to call in and have them override the system...