eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   report paypal scammers to the local Police (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/82591-report-paypal-scammers-local-police.html)

pennslmmer 02-06-2015 05:10 PM

report paypal scammers to the local Police

So I've been getting offers in private messages from websites where I am selling my items. These scammers take me for an idiot and sent me those ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal email receipt that shows their real address on there.... I recently got another one and I'm trying to get this person real name down. Hopefully I can match it up with public record to see if this person really live there. If I were to report this individual to the local police with sufficient evidences, will they do anything since this individual is out of state?:fight:

GreenBean 02-06-2015 05:43 PM

Re: report paypal scammers to the local Police

If this is your own website, my best advice would be to consider filing with this site.
Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Home

Although you could file with your local police, they may not be that interested. You could consider speaking to your local Police for their take on the situation.

Well done for making an effort to stop scammers.

Good Luck.

MM78 02-06-2015 05:59 PM

Agree with GreenBean, PayPal is technically not a Financial Institution and thus not all local/state laws apply. I would report them to PayPal and the IC3 as GreenBean suggested. Don't let these scumbags get your money.

pennslmmer 02-07-2015 10:15 AM

Thanks guys. Yes, I have reported at least 8 individuals over the past 2 months to that website. I even notified some of them about the report as well and yea...i stop getting bogus offers coming from those areas. :laugh:

rsot 02-07-2015 10:19 AM

These scammers always come out of the woodwork - you using your real paypal or stealth?

ebabe 02-07-2015 10:37 AM

Dont count on the police to be interested,especially if out of state, Also many of these email scammers use VPS to send bulk email, they could be located anywhere in the world and the address is probably ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I made a report one time to the IC3 and never heard back. Not sure if anything was even done, you here about scammers getting pulled in, but the truth is its a tiny %

pennslmmer 02-10-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 639754)
These scammers always come out of the woodwork - you using your real paypal or stealth?

Both stealth and real PP.

zexaah 02-10-2015 10:58 PM

Local police won't do nothing.

joew8989 02-10-2015 11:22 PM

the only thing police do is write traffic tickets, fill out forms, and depending on what city you live in, shake down business owners.

tonestar20 02-10-2015 11:51 PM

By the way while doing all this reporting I suggest (and this is the best suggestion you will get ) report paypal to the local law enforcementand feds they are the biggest scammers they hold your funds to make a investment then give it back really good scam its called the 180 day play "we play your a** for 180 days dont hate the playa hate the game !

zexaah 02-11-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonestar20 (Post 641090)
By the way while doing all this reporting I suggest (and this is the best suggestion you will get ) report paypal to the local law enforcementand feds they are the biggest scammers they hold your funds to make a investment then give it back really good scam its called the 180 day play "we play your a** for 180 days dont hate the playa hate the game !

this will not work, do not do this. :faint:

rsot 02-11-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pennslmmer (Post 640784)
Both stealth and real PP.

Ok - you have multiple accounts going...good move

user3657 02-13-2015 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joew8989 (Post 641086)
the only thing police do is write traffic tickets, fill out forms, and depending on what city you live in, shake down business owners.

I once had my car broken into....Had an old computer and a few other things like my gps stolen.

I didnt expect much by going to the police, but I was more interested in reporting it incase they found the guys they could use it to link to something bigger or help build a bigger case you know? more of a community service thing, I could care less about my stuff as they were all junk and not worth alot.

I waited an hr in the waiting room, no one came down. The cops were idiots and could care less and were talking about their shifts ending soon.

I got fed up and just left.

Salvo 02-13-2015 07:49 AM

I had a car stolen from me off the street. Filed a police report, heard nothing for 2 weeks until a Lot/Storage owner called me asking if I would ever come get my wrecked car! Ends up it was joyridden and crashed THE SAME NIGHT only about 3 blocks away from my house, but the police couldn't figure that out...

If this is happening on forums, I would report it to a mod. Those people have probably tried or succeeded at that scam before, that's why they are still doing it!

pennslmmer 02-15-2015 09:54 AM

To give you guys an idea of how these ⊗⊗⊗⊗ PP notifications would look like. :amazed:

View image: 2

tonestar20 02-16-2015 11:45 AM

Once again I am going to say it "While doing all this reporting I suggest (and this is the best suggestion you will get ) report paypal to the local law enforcementand feds they are the biggest scammers they hold your funds to make a investment then give it back really good scam its called the 180 day play "we play your a** for 180 days dont hate the playa hate the game !

novemberrain1970 02-17-2015 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonestar20 (Post 642883)
Once again I am going to say it "While doing all this reporting I suggest (and this is the best suggestion you will get ) report paypal to the local law enforcementand feds they are the biggest scammers they hold your funds to make a investment then give it back really good scam its called the 180 day play "we play your a** for 180 days dont hate the playa hate the game !

This is a waste of time. The local police/feds for internet cr!me could not care less about one person's gripe about PP holding their money. It's part of the TOS we all agreed to and it SUCKS but yeah, this won't do anything but waste time.