eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Can't link bank card to paypal. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/84851-cant-link-bank-card-paypal.html)

jdmswagserf 04-16-2015 08:15 PM

Can't link bank card to paypal.

I am trying to link a debit card to a paypal account in my gfs name.
It is tied in with an ebay stealth account and the paypal account is also being kept on the stealth radar you could say?

The address on both ebay and paypal is not the address for the billing info for the card. Could this be why I can't link the card to paypal?

The reason I am using a different address, is because the billing address, is used for someone else at the house who uses ebay. I don't want their account to get suspended if something happens to this one. Unless I can use the billing address with no risk for the other ebay account at the house?

I would just need the address to link the card if that is the reason paypal is not letting me link the card.

Thanks for any responses in advance, i need this card attached to start listing.

plumsake2 04-17-2015 08:48 AM

Re: Can't link bank card to paypal.

The billing address must match in order to pass the AVS check. Best to use gift cards with no name/address attached to them to bypass AVS.

jdmswagserf 04-17-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 660215)
The billing address must match in order to pass the AVS check. Best to use gift cards with no name/address attached to them to bypass AVS.

okay, so i can use a gift card to add it to paypal to be able to sell, then just link my bank account where i have the debit card yes?
Thanks.

Bunneh 04-17-2015 08:15 PM

Just remember normally when you by prepaid cards / gift cards you need to sign up the cards in the STEALTH details that is on your paypal account, it has to match for it to work and be accepted.

You can also sell on ebay by just adding a bank aco**** to paypal, as your ebay account only requires a minimum of one payment method for fees.

jdmswagserf 04-17-2015 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunneh (Post 660321)
Just remember normally when you by prepaid cards / gift cards you need to sign up the cards in the STEALTH details that is on your paypal account, it has to match for it to work and be accepted.

You can also sell on ebay by just adding a bank aco**** to paypal, as your ebay account only requires a minimum of one payment method for fees.

So say the ebay and paypal stealth accounts are under the name of
Carly Carly,

I put that name on the gift card when I get it, then I can link Carly Carly bank info to the paypal to withdraw funds?

plumsake2 04-17-2015 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmswagserf (Post 660320)
okay, so i can use a gift card to add it to paypal to be able to sell, then just link my bank account where i have the debit card yes?
Thanks.

Right, make sure that it's a new bank account that you didn't use on a previous Paypal account though.

Depending on the gift card, they will ask for different things when you register it. The recommended card is "Vanilla Visas" - with those you go to the Vanilla Visa website and register the zip code from your stealth address and then it would work with your stealth address.

GreenBean 04-17-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmswagserf (Post 660320)
Thanks.

Never use your bank debit card on paypal though.