eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Upgrading to a Business Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/86338-upgrading-business-paypal.html)

highrollasky 06-04-2015 10:00 AM

Upgrading to a Business Paypal

A couple of days ago Paypal sent me the typical EIN,SSN message. Im trying to use my EIN , its making me upgrade to a business account. Every time I try to upgrade it, paypal tells me I need to create a whole new business account, because there are some limitations on my account. I know for a fact that I have no limitations on my account though. I wanted to ask for your advice on what I should do. I don't want to create a business account and get linked in anyway possible. Do I need a new email address and house address exc?

rsot 06-04-2015 01:57 PM

Re: Upgrading to a Business Paypal

When you say limitations...is your pp confirmed? verified? Please clarify

highrollasky 06-04-2015 05:04 PM

Yes it is already confirmed and verified. Also I just got off the phone with paypal. They basically told me, that I had to upload a document of my EIN number in order to get the business account going. Paypal has basically locked up my account until I prove my EIN. My EIN document has my real information though. Im totally lost at this point on what to do. Any suggestions?

highrollasky 06-04-2015 09:06 PM

I finally got a hold to paypal. They entered my EIN and Now paypal is asking me for a social on my stealth account, which I clearly don't have. I feel I am completely screwed at this point!!! Any help here at all?

revenge 06-07-2015 12:00 PM

How old is this PayPal account?

stealthninja 06-08-2015 09:12 AM

Is Paypal asking you for your social security number when you upgrade to a business account now as a new policy? I tried upgrading two accounts recently to Business and both times Paypal asked me for the last 4 numbers of my social security. I put random numbers in and NO PROBLEM. What do you guys think?

revenge 06-08-2015 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealthninja (Post 676023)
Is Paypal asking you for your social security number when you upgrade to a business account now as a new policy? I tried upgrading two accounts recently to Business and both times Paypal asked me for the last 4 numbers of my social security. I put random numbers in and NO PROBLEM. What do you guys think?

How long ago was this?

Dmshark25 06-08-2015 02:11 PM

This happened to me 2 weeks ago, after I entered an EIN it brought me to another page asking for last 4 of social with name and address

I never had this before

I logged out, and logged in using a different browser, and never received that page asking for a SS again

Everything has been working perfect, sending/ receiving and withdrawing funds

Dmshark25 06-08-2015 02:14 PM

But my situation was when I upgraded to a business account it required me to enter an EIN, I waited a few days, logging in and out with different browsers, but it always led me to the EIN

AFTER supplying the EIN it went to the SS PAGE, but that's when I was able to log out and back with a different browser which solved the issue

mayflower 06-14-2015 12:08 AM

That is the big trouble. I am in the same issue. After I input EIN, I am re-direct into a page to ask last 4 digit of SSN and DOB. Obviously we do not have SSN. Any one can give the experience to handle with this issue?

hodgesdavid684 06-14-2015 01:39 AM

I always create a business account in the 1st place. Sure, they ask for SSN right away, I skip that by opening www.paypal.com in the new tab. If they won't let me pass that damn page, I would trash the account and move on until I find one that passed. And you know what? It cost you nothing but time to find one that works.

webcreator 06-14-2015 06:48 AM

I don't see any problem to upgrade my account...

dustin2br 06-22-2015 10:40 AM

I just ran into this issue as well. If you keep the same browser open (i.e. safari, chrome etc.)...once it brings you to the 4 digit ssn page just open a new tab and type in paypal.com. If it doesn't bring you to your new business home page, do it again, and again, until it does. It took me 4 tab recycles to do this. Very odd.

epimetheus039 07-02-2015 11:51 PM

I came across this problem within last couple days. First I received notice at about 100-120 transactions and $3000 gross. I was expecting it, so I would upgrade to EIN. However the case was that I couldnt upgrade to Business Account through the site. So, what I did was I called PP and asked for my account to be upgraded to business and the guy went on: "Well, you created your account as Personal and we can request SSN information anytime we want" I went on saying that it would be very inconvenient for me to add SSN as this is a business account and was meant to be like that since the beginning. I said that they shouldnt even ask for SSN before their projections of 200 transactions and 20,000 sales as stated on their site (I know they dont follow it). Anyway, I was insisting for him to do something about it and he said "OK, I will try to upgrading the account to Business" and I gave him bogus EIN (as I have just applied for mine and it will take a week or so to receive) but I had done this process (attaching bogus EIN for some time). And in few seconds he told me the account was now Business. So, I went on and filled the information out until the last page which was reading something about "Patriotic Act". And as I read somewhere here to just open few new tabs and just type paypal dot com to bypass it; it didnt work like that and I received account limitation asking for more info "Photo ID" "Utility Bill". But anyway even before I could see my account limited I had to fill out the information in that "Patriotic Act" page. All the info was made up but it still passed. Right now I am just working out on getting those docs to further supply them to see what happens.

rsot 07-03-2015 12:08 AM

Thought I saw this on different thread epimetheus039 - same post of yours

epimetheus039 07-03-2015 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 682303)
Thought I saw this on different thread epimetheus039 - same post of yours

3 threads - all related. Just in case someone misses

HurricaneHuntr 07-30-2015 11:31 AM

Same issue. worried me, but then i just reloaded new tab and it's a business account, and that page is gone. It seems they are just trying to trick a few people into giving that information.Of course, we all know better and now just ignore it.

galigusso 08-16-2015 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 676075)
But my situation was when I upgraded to a business account it required me to enter an EIN, I waited a few days, logging in and out with different browsers, but it always led me to the EIN

AFTER supplying the EIN it went to the SS PAGE, but that's when I was able to log out and back with a different browser which solved the issue

In my case - I didn't change the browser, but logged out and then logged in. No result - still asks for 4digit SSN and DOB. Do you think this could be just for internal verification? I mean when you call PP - they usually ask your DOB or last 4 digits and this looks like additional verification. Most people will give the real one - and this is just a plus to the database (however they probably cant verify anything with only 4 digits).

galigusso 08-19-2015 09:11 PM

When you click on "add money" in your PP account, you will see this message which explains some things about the 4 digits ssn requirements when you open your business account (which are not in fact that obligatory):
"Please confirm your identity first
The US Patriot Act requires PayPal to implement a Customer Identification Program (CIP) that ensures collection of customer data such as Name, Address, Date of Birth, and Social Security Number/Tax ID Number (SSN/ITIN) and verification of this information before providing specific services to our customers. We need some more details before you can proceed further.

If you decide not to confirm your personal information, you can always use your bank account or credit card to make purchases or send money."

pre111 09-04-2015 12:37 PM

After receiving that paypal SSN request email you will be asked to enter your SSN every time you log into paypal There is no

way around that. Paypal will give you about a week to enter your SSN and then limit your account.

Also once you receive that first email from paypal asking you to enter your SSN you will also NOT be able to upgrade to a

business account to enter an EIN number. Paypal will only accept your SSN number.

I have found a work around for this problem I do not want to reveal anything on this open forum but i did find a way to

restore my paypal account after i got the email request asking me for my SSN

And once i restored my paypal account i was then able to upgrade to a business account and enter my EIN that is very easy to

get. My stealth paypal is now working 100% perfect.