DO NOT Send Two Payments For An Item!! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default DO NOT Send Two Payments For An Item!!

I have been dealing with this fiasco for a month now. Let me start by saying this....if you are going to purchase something as an off-of-ebay sale, do NOT send it as two payments. You will NOT be covered. This issue has forced me to go back and re-read the user agreements.

I made a purchase, agreed on price with the seller of this item but I couldnt send the amount in one payment, as it was too large and asked ME to provide SSN if I proceeded with that transaction. Seller agreed to split the payment into two, so sent me two invoices. All is OK, I paid and blah blah. Days go by with no word from the seller. Emailed him, texted and even called him. Up until this point he had great communication. I started getting suspicious of what was going on and decided to wait a bit. Waited 10 days and didnt have any response from him so I opened a Paypal claim. Waited another 10 days while they "investigated", asked him for tracking number blah blah. I call them on 11 days in and ask wtf is going on here. They tell me a few things "to be transparent" as they put it. Turns out this piece of sh*t withdrew the money then closed his account right after. The rep on the phone told me not to worry, I was covered by Paypal and they would take care of it. So I wait and get an email for each case stating that my reasons for dispute are NOT COVERED by Paypal. Wait...what?? So I call them back...this is 7 days after my initial call to them. They tell me they do not cover deposits so I am not covered. I didnt make a deposit, whats going on? The payment was sent in two payments, therefore the first is considered a deposit and I am not covered whatsoever. F*CK PAYPAL. Really going to do this sh*t to me now, after all the bull**** buyers pull and I have a LEGITIMATE reason for filing a claim!?!? Now I get to deal with another month of dick slinging from AMEX to try and recover my money.

Moral of this story...DO NOT pay for something with more than one payment. DO NOT pay a large sum through Paypal. F*CK PAYPAL. The end.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-26-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: DO NOT Send Two Payments For An Item!!

I'm guessing the funds were from your available balance and not from an attached credit/debit card?
Old 06-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: DO NOT Send Two Payments For An Item!!

Oh no, I paid with AMEX. I can file chargebacks, but its going to be another 20-30 days while they shake their dicks around with Paypal to resolve this issue. I am hoping to recover my funds, and AMEX is fairly good with chargebacks compared to VISA or MC.