eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Suspended accounts, what to do with bank accounts? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/87044-suspended-accounts-what-do-bank-accounts.html)

Johnnyb747 06-29-2015 06:17 PM

Suspended accounts, what to do with bank accounts?

So I just got 3 accounts banned and they had 3 bank accounts attached (BoA).

Is there anyway to ask the bank for new account and routing numbers without closing the accounts? I was hoping it would be like when you lose a debit card and get a new card and number.

Is it wise to just close accounts and open more?

Thanks for any advice ahead of time.

doL 06-29-2015 07:04 PM

Re: Suspended accounts, what to do with bank accounts?

This is a good question. I've been curious about this too. In the event of a limitation, you'd need to wait 180 days for the funds to be released from PP. What do you do with the accounts in the meantime? Seeing as most accounts come with monthly fees if you're not receiving $$$.$$ deposits (WellsF = $10/m and BofA = $15/m).

Johnnyb747 06-29-2015 07:05 PM

Right, forgot to mention that part too. Luckily I refunded some people for large amounts on 2/3 accounts and was able to recover some funds that way.

MM78 06-29-2015 07:17 PM

The bank isn't going to give you a new account number, and if you ask your only begging to have them look into why your asking. Close the account, open a new one. OR, open a checking account at a new bank.

ebayerOG 06-29-2015 10:48 PM

for these in particular, I recommend another service that doesn't necessarily enjoy mismatched name deposits, but rather makes it easy for you to add/remove accounts on the fly

capitalone360 and ally are a couple that could work well for this. again- not for long term, but for these quick cashouts where maintaining the account number isn't encouraged.

cheers!

jeffweico 06-29-2015 10:53 PM

It is not the routing number you have to worry about, just the account numbers.

YES, there IS a way to get B of A (or any bank) to issue new account numbers. Tell them you lost your checkbooks, or that your computer was hacked. You could say that your PC was acting strangely and you had an expert look at it and they removed several viruses including ZEUS, so the expert recommended you contact your bank and get new accounts.

Most banks will close your accounts, open new ones for you and issue new account numbers. It prevents fraud.

However, if your bank is SUSPICIOUS of your activities, they could refuse. Hell, I would go for it. If you only have the 3 accounts at that bank, they are pretty much worthless to you right now, so you really have nothing to lose.

ebayerOG 06-29-2015 10:56 PM

also- it may be wise to keep whatever cashout bank you DO utilize open for a month or so after the transaction completes.

This will appear much much safer over closing any account immediately after deposits hit.

nodeal 06-30-2015 12:31 AM

jeff told you what you need to know. Good excuse to get a new acct number right there.

I have personally told them I gave the account number to a customer but the business relationship went downhill and i would now like a new account number because i am not comfortable with this particular individual knowing my account number. This has worked several times at different banks.