eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   i was snooping through paypal when i saw this.. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/88116-i-snooping-through-paypal-when-i-saw.html)

Trustfund 08-03-2015 09:59 AM

i was snooping through paypal when i saw this..

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full

Have a read of the "information we collect section"

i learnt a few more ways Paypal Tracks us

anyone else's opinions

MM78 08-03-2015 10:13 AM

Re: i was snooping through paypal when i saw this..

There's really nothing new in that section. But because of how they collect information is why we tell people to not use The Apps.

xxrange 08-03-2015 10:33 AM

Dont post useless information that is already all over the forums

Trustfund 08-03-2015 10:35 AM

i didn't know they noted which websites we come and go to after and prior to visiting their site

The aspkin forum is surely known to them, i for one regularly come to aspkin straight from paypal.

Surely this would raise a flag with them?

idk opinions?

xxrange 08-03-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trustfund (Post 691654)
i didn't know they noted which websites we come and go to after and prior to visiting their site

The aspkin forum is surely known to them, i for one regularly come to aspkin straight from paypal.

Surely this would raise a flag with them?

idk opinions?

Are you ****ing serious?!!?!

Trustfund 08-03-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxrange (Post 691655)

haha......noooooooooooo clearly not pfft clearly joking

Haidukken 08-03-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxrange (Post 691655)

hey heyyy, relax little brotha.
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/files/fukitol.gif

jeffweico 08-03-2015 11:33 AM

If you are worried about this, do what I do... Use a separate Windows User Account for accessing anything PayPal might not like.

Actually, since I lost my real account years ago, I NEVER go to PayPal or eBay or Amazon on my normal Windows user account. That is where I access this forum and do my day to day stuff. I have a separate logon for each stealth identity and I only access eBay, PayPal and Amazon from them. Occasionally, I will go to some sites on my stealth login, like JCPenney, or Newegg or other retail sites. That makes it look more normal, like I am a user who just uses the internet for buying stuff and selling stuff.

Trustfund 08-03-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haidukken (Post 691664)

someones been watching the 118 adverts XD

Trustfund 08-03-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 691667)
If you are worried about this, do what I do... Use a separate Windows User Account for accessing anything PayPal might not like.

Actually, since I lost my real account years ago, I NEVER go to PayPal or eBay or Amazon on my normal Windows user account. That is where I access this forum and do my day to day stuff. I have a separate logon for each stealth identity and I only access eBay, PayPal and Amazon from them. Occasionally, I will go to some sites on my stealth login, like JCPenney, or Newegg or other retail sites. That makes it look more normal, like I am a user who just uses the internet for buying stuff and selling stuff.

sounds liek you've got it covered i do the same. if the only thing paypal see's on your computer is Ebay and Paypal it seems a bit weird.

slapped 08-03-2015 12:04 PM

Im Pleased that you agree with my esteemed colleagues practices,,,Im not sure how we would manage around here without the kind of valuable information that bring here.

yankee 08-03-2015 12:25 PM

So I just read through that link.

I personally did NOT know that paypal knows what website you came from and go to.

That is very interesting to me.

Trustfund 08-03-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 691685)
So I just read through that link.

I personally did NOT know that paypal knows what website you came from and go to.

That is very interesting to me.

Exactly knowledge is power i believe.

And im sure some of the reasons behind those random limitations dont come from cookies, ip addresses and the usual but the weird stuff mentioned.

"If you use your PayPal account to sell items, we may also collect public information about your business and your behaviour on social media platforms (such as the e-mail address and the number of “likes” and “followers”), to the extent relevant to confirm an assessment of your transactions and/or your business, including its size and the size of its customer base"

^^^^^^^ reading that bit was a WTF moment, how intrusive is that?

i think its only a matter of time before paypal if they aren't already become a governemnt agency. i mean the metadata they've accumulated over the years is staggering!!!

And this is the stuff they've disclosed to the public, truly interesting

agent-x 08-03-2015 12:52 PM

I actually did not know that :|

last3379 08-05-2015 05:54 PM

I had always assumed that once you close the browser that you had paypal opened up on and reopened the browser you were safe? Anybody?

OP I wouldn't worry too much, I've accidentally done this lots of times and accounts are still going.