How to upgrade to a BUSINESS PAYPAL w/ EIN number - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-01-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Send a message via AIM to pre111 Send a message via Yahoo to pre111 Send a message via Skype™ to pre111
Default Re: How to upgrade to a BUSINESS PAYPAL w/ EIN number

I got the email from paypal this morning asking for my SSN and i have only made about 5 grand at this point. I went to a website that charges 60.00 and will have the EIN number to me in 1 business day. I am not sure if i filled out the docs correct. I used my real mailing address and under business name i just made a name up Goods For Sale in the DBA section of the form i used my stealth name from my paypal account. Did i do this right?? Or should i have filled out the form with all my stealth information??? With the business and DBA as the name on my stealth account?? I do NOT have a Paypal business account Please someone reply
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2015

Send a message via AIM to pre111 Send a message via Yahoo to pre111 Send a message via Skype™ to pre111

Ok so i just posted a little while ago about receiving the paypal require tax details email i got this morning.

I have been freaking out all day about this and have been reading as much as i can fine about what to do about this. and have not logged into my paypal account until just now

The email i received this morning from paypal said that the next time i log into my account i would be presented with a screen that would ask me for my tax info

Well i just had the balls to log into my paypal account 9 hours after getting that email and NOTHING no screen asking me for any tax information.

I was taken right to my account summery No warning anywhere that i need to enter my tax info.

I have only run about 3 grand through the account and when i got that email this morning i thought it was strange because i have run so little through the account.

Anybody have any ideas on this one. I did apply for an EIN this morning but from what i read i will have to wait 2 weeks before inputting that new EIN into paypal because it takes that long for the gov to update there data base

Could i have gotten that email in error?????

Please give me your input on this guys
Old 09-01-2015

Longevity: 51%

I clicked on the links to upgrade, got to the SSN screen and closed it. Now, whenever I log in, I get the following:

Quote:
This information is required to verify your identity. This helps us to keep the PayPal community safe as well as meet government regulations.

Quote:
Social Security Number (last 4)
Quote:
Date of birth
The PATRIOT Act requires all financial institutions to ask for your Social Security number and confirm your identity to help prevent money laundering.
I can't bypass it so don't click on upgrade links unless you are trying to upgrade. Question is, can I just enter the last 4 of the EIN? Also, what do I do about the birth date?
Old 09-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre111 View Post
Could i have gotten that email in error?????
They also base it off your amount of sales, not just amount in sales. Not sure where your at with that. Also how long did you space out the 3K? Thats a big factor also.

Honestly usually 3K won't pull the trigger but it did and I highly doubt its a error. Regardless if it was or not your account got flagged and generated this email to get sent to you.

I believe you should have till the 2nd "request to address the tax id problem" before you CAN'T upgrade without calling in and having them manually add the EIN. You should be able to now, if not just call and have them downgrade you.

I just had this happen on a somewhat young account. I went to upgrade to see what would happen and although I closed the page BEFORE entering in a EIN it still "upgraded me" and wouldn't allow me to withdraw so I just called and asked to be downgraded and all is good
Old 09-02-2015

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
I got the email from paypal this morning asking for my SSN and i have only made about 5 grand at this point. I went to a website that charges 60.00 and will have the EIN number to me in 1 business day. I am not sure if i filled out the docs correct. I used my real mailing address and under business name i just made a name up Goods For Sale in the DBA section of the form i used my stealth name from my paypal account. Did i do this right?? Or should i have filled out the form with all my stealth information??? With the business and DBA as the name on my stealth account?? I do NOT have a Paypal business account Please someone reply
I'm just wondering why you paid 60 bucks for a EIN.
Old 09-02-2015
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 10%

You get the warning based on you 20k/200 payments received projection. The issue comes from when PayPal projects you are going to surpass that threshold. The past 4 years it has been this way.

A notice is not a death nail, at-least it has not been in the past. I get them every year on my account late in the year because I spread sales out accordingly. It is a warning that you need to slow down sales and transition to other accounts. The limits reset later the next calendar year. Its called Operations Management.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vogeltron For This Useful Post:
a021148byte (03-30-2016), dealagreeproceed (09-11-2015), OfficialGenius (10-12-2018)
Old 09-04-2015

Ok so i did in fact get the paypal email requesting my SSN number and every time you log into your paypal account after receiving that paypal email you will be asked to enter your SSN There is no way around that.

Also once you receive that email you will NOT be able to upgrade to a business account to enter an EIN number

But i did find a work around and my paypal account is fine now. I do not want to reveal any thing on this open forum but i did find a way to restore my paypal account. And once you restore your paypal account you can then upgrade to a business account and enter your EIN
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pre111 For This Useful Post:
a021148byte (03-30-2016), OfficialGenius (10-12-2018)
Old 09-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%

So is the consensus that when this happens the only choice is to call in with the EIN? I've got one ready but can't upgrade since already limited due to tax ID request. Someone recently mentioned a workaround... any idea what it is?
Old 09-09-2015

Longevity: 52%

can you pm me the info of your workaround
Old 09-11-2015

Longevity: 53%

i appreciated if anyone could PM of a workaround on this matter
Old 09-11-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
You get the warning based on you 20k/200 payments received projection. The issue comes from when PayPal projects you are going to surpass that threshold. The past 4 years it has been this way.

A notice is not a death nail, at-least it has not been in the past. I get them every year on my account late in the year because I spread sales out accordingly. It is a warning that you need to slow down sales and transition to other accounts. The limits reset later the next calendar year. Its called Operations Management.

Are you saying I can rotate like 20 accounts throughout the year and avoid taxes?
The Following User Says Thank You to talos For This Useful Post:
a021148byte (03-30-2016)
Old 09-14-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
Are you saying I can rotate like 20 accounts throughout the year and avoid taxes?
In the United States you are responsible for all the income you earn. My comments are simply about running stealth accounts as best as possible without getting shut down for the Tax ID request.

You will see many other U.S. members on here running tens if not hundreds of stealth accounts. I can guarantee you that haven't gone the Corporation route to get EINs for everyone.

In the U.S. you have your SSN and one EIN you can register as an individual. Everything additional EIN must come through some form of corporation.
Old 09-14-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeltron View Post
In the United States you are responsible for all the income you earn. My comments are simply about running stealth accounts as best as possible without getting shut down for the Tax ID request.

You will see many other U.S. members on here running tens if not hundreds of stealth accounts. I can guarantee you that haven't gone the Corporation route to get EINs for everyone.

In the U.S. you have your SSN and one EIN you can register as an individual. Everything additional EIN must come through some form of corporation.
Alright, that's understood. But without providing any tax information, how do you be responsible for the income you earn if the IRS hasn't learned about it from paypal? Tell the IRS what you've earned on your own? especially if someone used 50 accounts? How will they believe you that you're not hiding more? I tried doing that, but I got weary about opening a bank account for each eb/pp account. It seems odd to have 50 bank accounts.
Old 09-16-2015

Longevity: 53%

I was able to upgrade my PayPal to a Business Account after being restricted. I first called and spoke to a representative. I was then transferred to another department which specializes in "restrictions". I was asked a number of times for my Social Security # and my Tax ID #. I explained that my Accountant does not want me to have any business transactions associated with my Social Security. I had to make it very clear that the error message that I received asked for one of 3 options, My SS#, My Tax ID, or my Individual Tax ID#. There was nowhere that asked for both. I said I wanted to use my Tax ID only. I asked him to kindly please enter my Tax ID# in the system. After much back and forth, he finally did. After this, I logged onto my account and it asked for the "last 4" of my SS # for which I used the "last 4" of my Tax ID. It worked and I am back up and running. I will re-post if I receive another notification down the road, but so far so good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mahadynick For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (09-16-2015), talos (09-16-2015), truongphusy (10-31-2016)
Old 09-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadynick View Post
I was able to upgrade my PayPal to a Business Account after being restricted. I first called and spoke to a representative. I was then transferred to another department which specializes in "restrictions". I was asked a number of times for my Social Security # and my Tax ID #. I explained that my Accountant does not want me to have any business transactions associated with my Social Security. I had to make it very clear that the error message that I received asked for one of 3 options, My SS#, My Tax ID, or my Individual Tax ID#. There was nowhere that asked for both. I said I wanted to use my Tax ID only. I asked him to kindly please enter my Tax ID# in the system. After much back and forth, he finally did. After this, I logged onto my account and it asked for the "last 4" of my SS # for which I used the "last 4" of my Tax ID. It worked and I am back up and running. I will re-post if I receive another notification down the road, but so far so good.
awesome! great to hear you're back up and running! I will have to do the same right now, but since I just created my EIN number last friday, Jeff mentioned I should wait a week or so to call in and do the exact same thing as you did because the EIN apparently won't be completely recognizable right away in the system. So hopefully Friday I'll call in and do the exact thing you did and hope the EIN enters and I'm back in. Thanks for the update!
The Following User Says Thank You to talos For This Useful Post:
a021148byte (03-30-2016)
Old 09-23-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by talos View Post
Alright, that's understood. But without providing any tax information, how do you be responsible for the income you earn if the IRS hasn't learned about it from paypal? Tell the IRS what you've earned on your own? especially if someone used 50 accounts? How will they believe you that you're not hiding more? I tried doing that, but I got weary about opening a bank account for each eb/pp account. It seems odd to have 50 bank accounts.
This is for myself personally. I run a main account with with my Tax ID etc. Then I have a less than 10 stealth accounts that I run on the side.

For the same reasons I don't feel comfortable having 50-100 bank accounts and and VPNs and tracfones and everything else. I try to keep it within reason and use my stealth accounts more to spread out certain items and as a backup plan incase anything happens.

For stealth accounts its really not that hard you can access your monthly reports on PayPal assuming that is what you are using. You can get your sales totals, refunds, etc. Add up all your fees, postage, etc and going the schedule C route. You may have over 6+ figures in sales but unless something seems really strange and off. To be honest they have no clue how many bank accounts you run. Maybe something like having to high of phone write offs for a boatload of tracfones or something like that might be odd.

Overall, in my honest opinion its not the IRS that is the problem. Like you mentioned it is the banking laws with the mis-matched names and too many accounts that would cause problems. All the IRS tax stuff boils down to a few lines on one or two sheets.
Old 09-23-2015

Longevity: 78%

What about fresh accounts just made.Do they ask for the EIN/SSN right away now as well when you try to upgrade? Haven't made any in recent time to see.
Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 74%

Has anyone had any success with entering a random SS and not getting any restrictions after 2 weeks or so? Would really appreciate any input in regards to this dilemma.

Last edited by Impact; 10-07-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2015

Yes there is a way to enter a random SSN and get your Paypal limit lifted. I have done this too 4 of my accounts and also have done this to 2 other peoples accounts.

Once you receive the email from Paypal to enter your SSN / EIN your Paypal account at that point is limited and you will NOT be able to upgrade to a business account with out entering your SSN to remove the limit on your account. Some people have had luck by calling Paypal and having a rep enter the EIN number for you. But i have not had the need too do this.

I have found a way to enter a random SSN number that will take the limit off your Paypal account allowing you to then upgrade to a business account and you can then enter your EIN without calling Paypal.

Please note you can NOT just make up a random SSN you need to do that correctly. Paypal wants to see that the SSN you enter was issued in the state your stealth account was created in as well as the correct birthday on your account.

I have this all figured out. And i am able to create the correct SSN needed to lift the limit on your account. One other big thing you need to know that once you get your new EIN number please let it age at least 2 weeks or more. This is how long it takes for your new EIN number to be added to the IRS database.

Also when you go to open a business account after you enter your EIN number Paypal will still ask you the last 4 of your SSN i can confirm that entering the last 4 of your of you EIN works just fine
Old 10-07-2015

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Yes there is a way to enter a random SSN and get your Paypal limit lifted. I have done this too 4 of my accounts and also have done this to 2 other peoples accounts.

Once you receive the email from Paypal to enter your SSN / EIN your Paypal account at that point is limited and you will NOT be able to upgrade to a business account with out entering your SSN to remove the limit on your account. Some people have had luck by calling Paypal and having a rep enter the EIN number for you. But i have not had the need too do this.

I have found a way to enter a random SSN number that will take the limit off your Paypal account allowing you to then upgrade to a business account and you can then enter your EIN without calling Paypal.

Please note you can NOT just make up a random SSN you need to do that correctly. Paypal wants to see that the SSN you enter was issued in the state your stealth account was created in as well as the correct birthday on your account.

I have this all figured out. And i am able to create the correct SSN needed to lift the limit on your account. One other big thing you need to know that once you get your new EIN number please let it age at least 2 weeks or more. This is how long it takes for your new EIN number to be added to the IRS database.

Also when you go to open a business account after you enter your EIN number Paypal will still ask you the last 4 of your SSN i can confirm that entering the last 4 of your of you EIN works just fine
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I went ahead and entered a random SSN yesterday as a test. I will check the account within 2-3 weeks to see if there any restrictions or if it still requires to enter a correct SSN.
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansback View Post
I'm just wondering why you paid 60 bucks for a EIN.
To avoid all the hassle. I used to pay $175 for one but I am Canadian citizen. The thing with US Paypal is it's not worth stress anymore for me, I find all other PP accounts to be less anal regardless whether you go beyond 200/20000 limit of sales.
The Following User Says Thank You to epimetheus039 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015

Longevity: 50%

I know for getting paid from website, necessary to have a business account, but i just want know Is there any solution for getting paid from website through a personal paypal account?