eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How does PayPal feel about invoiced payments for non ebay sales? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/88246-how-does-paypal-feel-about-invoiced-payments-non-ebay-sales.html)

ReduxRetro 08-07-2015 01:12 PM

How does PayPal feel about invoiced payments for non ebay sales?

On a newer stealth account, customer has expressed his desire for me to invoice his PayPal directly for him to pay it
Are their 21 day holds on such payments? Do they harm accounts in anyway?

JamesNorth101 08-07-2015 01:14 PM

Re: How does PayPal feel about invoiced payments for non ebay sales?

Yes there can be 21 day holds depening on a number of factors when dealing directly through PayPal

yankee 08-07-2015 04:08 PM

Every account seems to be different too

solefoodbk 08-07-2015 07:58 PM

Alot of factors come into play. If you never got a payment outside of eBay, I'd say generally anything over $150ish your probably going to get a hold.

But obviously it depends on what your selling, who your selling too...etc etc, so many factors come into play.

ReduxRetro 08-07-2015 08:59 PM

I did a test invoice to someone I know, for $12.95. Sure enough, it flagged the 21 day hold thing on my account.

I really need to figure this out. I made three stealth accounts last week all which are not getting the holds but any new ones I have made today are getting them.

It has to have something to do with the SSN & DOB prompt, I'm thinking. Any input guys? Anyone figured this out yet?

auctionessistance 08-08-2015 02:15 PM

Pretty common for us.

Various accounts of ours get holds and others do not. Just happens at random times.

yankee 08-08-2015 04:11 PM

Ok, these are the facts.
Paypal business accounts sometimes does not get holds or get holds after a certain dollar amount for NON ebay transactions.

Personal accounts go like this:
1.) Complete 5 transactions without any buyer disputes, claims, or returns.
2.) Receive at least $150.00 in payments for goods and services.
3.) Wait 60 days from the date you receive your first payment.

jeffweico 08-08-2015 04:19 PM

I would think that BUSINESS accounts get fewer holds than personal accounts. Personally, I have never liked accepting PayPal for non-eBay sales, but it is sometimes the easiest way to transfer money. EVERYBODY has a PayPal account, but few people have accounts with Google Wallet or Dwolla. I would love to see bitcoin become more popular, but for those who have never used it before, there is a definite learning curve.

Anyway, I think that is you want to accept non-eBay payments, then you will just have to put up with the holds. At least until PayPal trusts you. If you are getting them all the time and there are no complaints or chargebacks, then they probably drop the holds.

I think PayPal really wants to ramp up their involvement in off-eBay sales, especially now that eBay no longer owns them. They are only guaranteed to be the dominant player on eBay for 5 more years, so if they are smart, they will do whatever they can to become a bigger player.