eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How many paypals per IP? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/88713-how-many-paypals-per-ip.html)

swbluto 08-23-2015 11:34 AM

How many paypals per IP?

So the guide recommends a limit of two ebay IDs per paypal to keep things kosher, but what's an advisable upper limit on the number of paypals per IP without raising red flags? It seems to me that it's probably incredibly common that multiple family members living in the same house would share an internet connection and also have paypal accounts, so I would think two or three paypal accounts per IP probably wouldn't raise red flags. Please let me know your thoughts/experience/advice on this.

The main reason I'm curious is because of the number of ebay accounts one could have on an IP.
Two or three paypal accounts per IP->two ebay accounts per paypal-> 4-6 ebay accounts per IP.

Of course, it seems like the paypal accounts might need different phone numbers. But, then again, families tend to share the same phone number so I'm not sure if this is a significant PP risk factor. Regardless, different numbers probably would stay it safe with the caprices of eBay and Paypal.

Ebayorbust 08-23-2015 11:36 AM

Re: How many paypals per IP?

One PayPal per IP.

If fact you're really best to keep it to one eBay to one PayPal as well.

swbluto 08-23-2015 11:40 AM

Is one-paypal/one-ebay recommended because of the "If one goes down, they all go down" idea, not necessarily because it's a risk factor in PP's risk model?

I'm curious because I'm not really selling in a high-risk vertical so the risk for each ebay/paypal account wouldn't be that high. I'm about as white-hat as ebay Sellers can get (Low risk overall actually - Low sales volume, low cost, very low risk product category), just that eBay gave me the boot because of canceling too many auctions of nonpaying bidders thus causing "too many defects".

Of course, if one was in a high risk vertical, I could see the idea behind depending too much on the accounts on one IP given all the per-paypal costs (phone number, cc) and effort involved.

yankee 08-23-2015 12:08 PM

To make it simple:
ONE PAYPAL PER EBAY.

EVERY ACCOUNT HAS EVERYTHING NEW.

Anything else you do is being silly and linked together.

123 08-24-2015 02:14 AM

Yeah keep it up one ip per ebay/paypal, dont risk limitations by taking shortcuts

slokor 08-24-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swbluto (Post 697719)
Is one-paypal/one-ebay recommended because of the "If one goes down, they all go down" idea, not necessarily because it's a risk factor in PP's risk model?

I'm curious because I'm not really selling in a high-risk vertical so the risk for each ebay/paypal account wouldn't be that high. I'm about as white-hat as ebay Sellers can get (Low risk overall actually - Low sales volume, low cost, very low risk product category), just that eBay gave me the boot because of canceling too many auctions of nonpaying bidders thus causing "too many defects".

Of course, if one was in a high risk vertical, I could see the idea behind depending too much on the accounts on one IP given all the per-paypal costs (phone number, cc) and effort involved.

Its all of what you said.
Using the same IP links all the accounts together. When the bots pick up on the fact multiple accounts are selling from the same IP address theyll consider that a risk factor (regardless of what youre selling) and shut your entire operation down.
This is common sense if you think about it.

yankee 08-25-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goral (Post 698262)
I see the important thing is alyways clear history in the bowser (most important delete cookies and cache).

That is HORRIBLE advice.

rsot 08-25-2015 10:36 AM

Best approach is 1 PP per 1 IP - you dont delete cookies and cache...