eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Tax Time (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/89202-tax-time.html)

gw1 09-08-2015 02:26 PM

Tax Time

My stealth account was going great until I got an email 2 days age from Paypal saying they need one of the items below for tax purposes.

- Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- Your Employer Identification Number (EIN)

So I bought a EIN number online for $177.00 was that the right thing to do?? The EIN However Paypal is still asking for a legal first and last name as well as a mailing address ofcourse that will link me to that suppended Ebay account. The EIN number has my suppended Ebay information. I am trying to get this taking care of before Paypal decide to interrupte my account. And another thing with the EIN number you have to upgrade your paypal account to a business account or set up a new account I don't know what to do...

Help from anybody
Thanks ahead of time

ebayerOG 09-08-2015 02:31 PM

Re: Tax Time

ein's are free from IRS.gov - hope you didn't get a sole proprietorship as it sounds you did

age it at least two weeks before adding

company name of EIN needs to match paypal exactly

gw1 09-08-2015 03:42 PM

Paypal is asking for a legal first and last name to go with that EIN number and I have to upgrade my paypal account to a business account or set up a new pay pal account with a new email address. What do I do???:confused: I have been using Paypal for six months under the name Sandi RAY My real name is Gwendolyn Moye which is linked to a suppended Ebay account. EIN number is under Gwendolyn Moye ss# business name is Gomailee Products don't ask me why I don't know I guess I don't know what I'm doing at this point need help

Pork 09-08-2015 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gw1 (Post 702967)
Paypal is asking for a legal first and last name to go with that EIN number and I have to upgrade my paypal account to a business account or set up a new pay pal account with a new email address. What do I do???:confused: I have been using Paypal for six months under the name Sandi RAY My real name is Gwendolyn Moye which is linked to a suppended Ebay account. EIN number is under Gwendolyn Moye ss# business name is Gomailee Products don't ask me why I don't know I guess I don't know what I'm doing at this point need help

You might want to remove your personal info in case paypal is reading this, if it isn't too late already.

The EIN is bound to your company, not you as a person. Upgrade to business account with the name on the EIN and give it to them, they should reinstate your account. Your personal name doesn't matter since it isn't tied to the EIN number you are giving them in any way.

stargazinc 09-09-2015 02:02 PM

if you already got asked its to late. I myself going through the same thing, what these guys forget to tell you when you buy a stealth account is you need to upgrade your account to business before paypal starts asking for numbers. They put a restriction on your account, so when its at that point and you go to put in a ein number online, upgrading to business they say account is limited please call. So now you have to wait until next year to use it.

gw1 09-09-2015 02:59 PM

Thanks for that information

thanks for that info

thankyou for all of your help on this post. I really appreciate it

I understand what's going on know. you really learn a lot of information on this forum.

Thank you for that valuble informatio. The only thing I can do is try to upgrade my account and see what happens

How do I get rid of my personal information on this forum

How do I remove my personal informaion that I wrote in my posts and threads? Like my real name can I get all names I used that deleted??

plumsake2 09-10-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazinc (Post 703244)
if you already got asked its to late. I myself going through the same thing, what these guys forget to tell you when you buy a stealth account is you need to upgrade your account to business before paypal starts asking for numbers. They put a restriction on your account, so when its at that point and you go to put in a ein number online, upgrading to business they say account is limited please call. So now you have to wait until next year to use it.

It's not too late if you were already asked; it's just advisable to plan ahead if you know you're going to come anywhere near the 200 transaction/$20k threshold.

Just because you didn't upgrade before you were asked for a tax ID number, it doesn't mean the account is toast. Not allowing an easy upgrade to a business account is a fairly new thing Paypal started this year - before, it was just a few button clicks and wasn't much of a hassle.

But still, you don't have to throw away your accounts until 2016 just because you got the tax ID request. You can call and get a Paypal rep to add it for you and remove the limitation.

This is a good topic to read about Paypal's recent changes to how they handle tax IDs: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ss-paypal.html