eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PAYPAL asking SSN when creating Business Account when EIN is already provided (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90009-paypal-asking-ssn-when-creating-business-account-when-ein-already-provided.html)

stsang14 10-04-2015 06:12 PM

PAYPAL asking SSN when creating Business Account when EIN is already provided

So i read the Stealth Book and got started creating a PP acct

made a business acct
choose a corporation ( which i already had )
entered the EIN
now on the next screen it paypal is asking for last 4 of SSN and DOB

I thought that if EIN was provided there would be no need for SSN unless there was a problem and which point PP might ask for it later on in the future?..

did I do something wrong?

everything was created using fresh email/ip/browser etc

slokor 10-04-2015 06:16 PM

Re: PAYPAL asking SSN when creating Business Account when EIN is already provided

You did nothing wrong.
These days Paypal is asking for that information regardless of the EIN. Some say that if you input the last 4 digits of the EIN then it will accept it. Havnt needed to do that myself so I cannot confirm if this solution works or not.

yankee 10-04-2015 06:27 PM

Re: PAYPAL asking SSN when creating Business Account when EIN is already provided

Load up the last 4 of the EIN.

No reported issues as far as I know the past 4-5 months. I have not had any issues myself.

I do suggest waiting to add the EIN until you approach the tax request. Just in case the account does not last you don't want to burn an EIN.

stsang14 10-05-2015 12:05 AM

thanks - using the last 4 of the EIN worked.... hope it lasts...

mayflower 10-21-2015 05:29 AM

last 4 digit of EIN, how about DOB? real DOB maybe to be traced back.

epimetheus039 10-31-2015 02:29 PM

Few solutions, which have worked for some and haven't for the others:

1) You will enter SSN as last 4 digits of your EIN
2) You would need to find someone (or yourself) who can generate a random SSN, which will be based on DOB and location of the person registered on the account (regardless if it is fictional). And yes SSN number algorithms are known and this info can be found on the internet.

Now, steps with SSN may be considered as felony by some and not by others, so do it at your own risk but those are the only solutions that are working currently.

Those issues never arise on Canadian accounts.

nostro 11-01-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epimetheus039 (Post 718012)

2) You would need to find someone (or yourself) who can generate a random SSN, which will be based on DOB and location of the person registered on the account (regardless if it is fictional). And yes SSN number algorithms are known and this info can be found on the internet.

Now, steps with SSN may be considered as felony by some and not by others, so do it at your own risk but those are the only solutions that are working currently.

Is it difficult to get an EIN number just for this purpose? Do you know of any way to get EIN numbers easily?

PayPal won't let me go anywhere further in the login unless I put in a SSN or EIN!!

It seems to be stuck at that SSN request page. I even logged out and logged back in and it keeps taking me to that same page where I have to put in the SSN!! Getting scared here, please help someone!!!

Dmshark25 11-01-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nostro (Post 718308)
Is it difficult to get an EIN number just for this purpose? Do you know of any way to get EIN numbers easily?

PayPal won't let me go anywhere further in the login unless I put in a SSN or EIN!!

It seems to be stuck at that SSN request page. I even logged out and logged back in and it keeps taking me to that same page where I have to put in the SSN!! Getting scared here, please help someone!!!

The only option you have is to add an EIN , no way around it

mayflower 11-02-2015 08:12 PM

What DOB should be input after EIN ? Real DOE or fick DOB?

nostro 11-04-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epimetheus039 (Post 718012)

Even if you can generate a SSN, how do you get past the DOB they ask for?

da5543 11-09-2015 10:59 PM

Hello,

I have personal PayPal acct for last 5 year with my SSN and DOB information. If I open another PayPal acct for BUSINESS. Will it be ok If I provide EIN# with last 4 SSN and DOB? Does it affect my both personal and business acct?